“Whirlpool room - worth the money”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Whirlpool room - worth the money”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you enjoy lounging in a wide, deep pool while watching tv, then the whirlpool room is perfect. The room was clean and well kept, with only a minor damaged mark in the dressing area. The main downfall is the biggest complaint for hotels these days - the internet was so slow, my computer kept crashing. Except for the internet, everything else was great. If the internet is not a high priority for you, then this is a good place to stay - quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BRDave225
Dean P, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and providing your commentary. We are happy you enjoyed the hotel and its amenities. I'm sorry about the Internet issues. I will most certainly notify the internet management company.Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Iowa city, IA
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Very nice and clean hotel. Service was excellent. Pool was warm and clean.We did not enjoy breakfast but heard from other guest that it was plentiful. I would stay again and recommend to other travelers. Make sure to ask for best rate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sherry S
Dean P, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thanks for the great feedback! I sincerely appreciate the kind words about our hotel and we enjoyed having you as our guest. Please come back the next time that your travel brings you to Lafayette.
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

U will not find better than this especialy on this exit,nice staff,the biggest room and excellent breakfast what else you need.easy to get in and out from exit.good thing is they have meat in breakfast.

1 Thank jjungun
Dean P, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor! We sincerely appreciate your business and invite you to come back and visit us again. We would love you have you as our guest the next time your travel brings you to Lafayette.

Thanks again.....Dean
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Cleanliness of rooms is horrible. Sheets not changed on pullout couch. We have to remove and change ourselves.
The bathroom looked like it was also not cleaned. The tub had stains. The manager said it was from removing the nonslip mat. These were not the stains pointed out. Looked like old blood. The toilet had stains on the back. Again we heard another excuse. The floor was sticky.
This was the second room we were in. The first one was worse. We stayed because he said he was charging us anyway.
It appears to not be well maintained. Sad.

• Stayed April 2013
Dean P, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for the feedback. Please accept my personal apology for the inconvenience you experienced while you were our guest. I appreciate your comment that our hotel is beautiful but I regret that our service did not meet your expectation. Rest assured that your comments have not been taken lightly and I have taken steps to insure that future guests do not have a similar experience.

Travelers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Tim was the gentleman working the front desk. He was 100% the best part of my stay. Price is fair rooms have been updated a little bit flat screen tvs old couch newer carpet. The weirdest thing is that every lamp or light fixture in my room was rusted YES rusted # 104.

Per choice privileges policy when a diamond member checks in they qualify for a free upgrade if they are available. Well not at this hotel seems even though they are flying a choice hotel brand they are not upholding the policy of the corporation. If this is not an issue for you and you don't mind rusted light fixtures this is a decent little hotel and has one of the friendliest front desk clerks I've come across!!!!

1 Thank jscott918
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed March 30, 2013

There was a stench of smoke in the hallway, and I asked the front desk guy if my room was non-smoking, and he said yes, that two rooms on the floor were smoking rooms and that is why the hallways stank so bad. The room inside had no smoke smell, but it was musty and mildewy smelling. I was too wiped out from my trip to ask for another room or leave for another hotel, or otherwise I would have. I wish I had. The ceiling in the bathroom had what looked like dark mold behind the paint, possibly from a leak from the above room. There were no trash can liners. There was dirt on the desk, as if someone had laid shoes or boots on it. I was not comfortable on the bed, and only slept a few hours. Thin walls---could hear a conversation in the room next door through the adjoining door. Breakfast was fine. The rooms are very outdated, and I feel this place is overpriced for the cheap quality. I stayed at a lovely new Comfort Suites 2 nights before in Arkansas, and did not expect what this one was like. I won't be back to this one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dean P, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 3, 2013

Dean
California
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was my first stay in a Comfort property and I was very pleasantly surprised. The rooms and barhrooms were quite spacious and well-appointed. I enjoyed the shelf under the bathroom vanity that gave me plenty of room for cosmetics and toiletry bags.
The beds were comfortable and there was adequate lighting everywhere except in the closet; since there was a surface tucked in there for a suitcase it would have been helpful to be able to see the contents of my bags.
The breakfast was excellent with enough of a variety to please everyone in our party.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mambolimo
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and thank you for walking over to our hotel and giving us a try. I hope that we have made you a Comfort Inn fan for life! Your feedback was refreshing and kind! I am really happy we were able to provide you with the cleanliness, quality, and service you deserve! It is truly a blessing to have such wonderful guests such as yourself! Please come back and visit us again, perhaps for an upcoming festival, and give us a chance to continue exceeding your expectations! Most definitely, thank you for being our guest!

Dean.