“Best place to stay in Lafayette”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here overnight to get away. Even though there were several sports teams here with kids. We never heard them other than having the breakfast in the morning. The walls must be I insulated well. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank MzLadybug

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Awful rude manager and guests, we left got a refund and stayed at Quility Inn, not much better. My advise is to bypass Lafayette and stay in another town !! Quility Inn 2 doors down the street was no better, old furniture and rundown, need a major overhaul.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room, leave !!
Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Conniesue55
Kim F, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

I am sorry to hear that your recent stay at this hotel was not up to our standards. Our goal is for every one of our guests to feel comfortable, welcome, and appreciated, so if anyone on the staff made you feel otherwise, I apologize. Thank you for taking the time to let me know what aspects we need to try harder for. Guest comments are needed so we can make improvements. I hope you would give us a chance to make things right the next time you are in my area. I would like to offer you a special rate if you decide to do so.
Thank You again for your comments and again I apologize.
Kim Fontenot

Reviewed November 14, 2011

i booked this hotel with some caution. some of the reviews were not to good.the people that run this hotel are in the middle of renovations they are putting in a elevator. this is an older hotel but it was clean and neat. the bed and linen were new and clean. breakfast was good. it was close to everything we wanted to do. i think i would stay here again in in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elfie224
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I stayed at the Comfort Inn located at 2300 NE Evangaline Thru Way for the purpose of attending a conference. I have traveled alot in my 49 years and have never had a problem with leaving my laptop or electronic book in the room while I was out. Unfortunately I checked out leaving behind my e-reader behind on the nightstand(a sony valued at $250.00) When I realized this about 30 minutes later I phoned the hotel and was told they would check my room. When they phoned back naturally I was told that it wasn't there. After many phone calls back and forth with very little help from them I am without my book with no recourse. Note to travelers staying at this Comfort Inn, make sure you have all your belongings when you leave as the maids will have an early Christmas otherwise!
Also note that the rooms are damp and musty smelling, housekeeping is very poor at replacing or providing trash can liners and towels! This traveller will NOT return to this hotel for the next conference!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Tammy J
Dean P, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for your candid review. Please accept my sincerest apology for the issues you encountered. Feedback provides valuable insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness, friendliness, and comfort are our first priority. I’ve shared your experience with my colleagues so that we can know what we are doing right and where we must improve. Rest assured that your comments were beneficial for us and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Thanks again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you back to Lafayette.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

Checking into this hotel at 11PM, the last thing I wanted to do was to check right back out and search for another hotel, but that is exactly what I did. Upon arriving at the front door, I was nearly ran over by a "lady" whom it was very obvious was there strictly for a brief, income generation visit.

The room was decently furnished and I was somewhat relieved when I first walked in. However, I was quickly hit with an undescribable smell. I have no idea what it was, but it was pretty strong in the room. When I turned on the light to the bathroom, I immediately noticed a large wad of hair on the floor next to the toilet. The toilet had some recent stains on it and there was quite a bit of hair in the tub as well. The sheets on the bed also appeared to have not been changed.

I could dismiss the hairy room and even the bed as the result of a poor housekeeper, but it was hard to dismiss the smell. I stay in a lot of Choice properties, and this one had a very strange vibe all the way around. The clerk cancelled my reservation and I went across the street to the Fairfield Inn, which met and even exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2011

After a not-so-nice experience at another hotel, we were very happy when we walked into this one. I had called ahead and with the help of Choice hotels operator, and was able to get to this one. I told him I wanted a "newer" place, at least renovated, close to I-10, free breakfast with a pool. That's what we got. The clerk, Rochelle, was very nice. The breakfast staff lady was very cheery and pleasant. The rooms were nice and cool. Good nights sleep!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank KJTexas
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My husband and I were on a road trip to New Orleans and decided to get a head start after work. We decided to drive for several hours and pick a hotel along the highway to stay the night. For anyone doing the same and if you'll be crossing the state line into LA, highly recommend stopping at the welcome center and get a hotel discount booklet. Hotels are listed by town and there are some good discounts to be had. We picked the hotel out of the booklet and called ahead for the reservation. Place wasn't much from the outside but the inside lobby was nice enough...downside is that there isn't an elevator. There are only two floors but if you have several pieces of luggage, it's a bit of a pain to have to make a couple of trips to lug them up the stairs. The room was nice and cool when we walked in and was pleasantly surprised by the nice decor and bed was comfy. Free wifi in the room was a nice amenity too. The hotel has a free breakfast but ends at 9:30a which seemed like an early cut-off. The breakfast choices were ok...waffle maker was broken and have definitely had better at other similar type hotels. Overall though, it was nice for the price and would definitely stay there again if traveling through Lafayette.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple