“Extremely satisfied!”

Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Lafayette
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Extremely satisfied!”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

From telephone reservation to check out, we were impressed with the professional manner in which the hotel staff conducted themselves. The breakfast was hot and the selection was quite varied - able to accomodate any diet restrictions. Our king room was nice and roomy with a large desk, comfortable desk chair and even a chair and ottoman for relaxing with a book. The late check out request was not a problem and for that, this tired couple says, "Thank you!!!". We will definitely refer our out of town guests to this hotel and stay there again when we just need a break from the kids, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for what you need - they will accomodate!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Charles O, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Hello Angela C,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and our staff! We try our best to provide Count on Me! service for every guest and I want to share your feedback with our team! I am glad that you and your spouse had a relaxing and comfortable stay. We all look forward to seeing you again when you come back to our hotel for some rest and relaxation and thank you for considering us for your out of town guests!
Hope to see you again soon! - Charles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Jackson, MS
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This was my first stay at the Wingate in Lafayette. This will be my go to hotel on my travels threw here from now on. I was a little apprehensive at first, based on my last and only stay at a Wingate in Little Rock AR. That was a Wyndham in name only..very dissapointing. When I checked in here a very lovely lady named Evette checked me in. She must love her job because she had one of those infectous smiles. You could tell her goal was to make sure you were pleased with your stay. The interior and exterior were imaculantly clean and inviting.
The room is very nice, and smelled nice (that is hard to find in the southern states because of humidity). Based on my only other Wingate stay I had the impression they were the Holiday Inn Express of Wyndham's....man was I wrong. I got a snake bag for being a Wyndham by Request member, & a reception with food and beverages. Even great freshed baked cookies. What more could you ask for. The whole staff I meet were great , Evette, Charles, and Blake. Even though this was my first visit, they made me feel like old friends. To me thats important, because I travel 5 states for business, and it gets lonely on the road. DO NOT hesitate about staying here, trust me , try it and you'll be a loyal guest also.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Charles O, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Hello Shawn H., Thank you for taking the time out of your travels to review us. It is an honor and pleasure having you as our guest and we, as a team, truly appreciate your business. I am sorry about your experiences at the other hotel and I am very thankful you gave Wingate another chance to earn your trust. We as a team strive to give "Count on Me" service that you can depend on us with each and every visit to our hotel. I have also shared your feedback with the team and the general manager - thank you! We are glad you enjoyed our evening social we provide to all of our guests with beer&wine and that you liked the fresh baked cookies we put out every afternoon. We hope to see you again soon as our guest and thank you for staying with us!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights.

The good: Our room was huge with 2 comfortable double beds, desk, couch and huge flat screen TV. There was also a microwave, fridge and coffee machine. The bathroom was quite big. Wireless internet was great with very fast downloads. The breakfast had the usual: pastries, waffle, hot buffet comprising of scrambled eggs, bacon and gravy. The hotel had a small whirl pool and gym.

The bad: Our room was above the reception area so it got a bit noisy at times. I didn't realise this until I arrive but the hotel is very close to a rail line. There are trains going past every couple of hours honking its horn for a very long time. So if you are a light sleeper this may be a problem. Surprisingly I did not hear any air planes going past. Limited selection of TV channels, travel channel was missing :(

Overall, we had a pleasant stay,

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the reception/lobby area
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Charles O, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Hello and thank you very much for the wonderful feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I would also like to thank you for coming to Lafayette and experiencing our hotel. I have shared your comments with our hotel staff as we are always looking at improving ourselves and the experiences of our guests - such as when you mentioned the fast downloads for the internet - we are the only hotel in Lafayette that offers LUSFiber Internet with speeds up to 100 Mbps - we saw that our guests have a need for fast connection speeds when working away from the office and we delivered!

And with the train, I totally agree with you. In fact, many of the other surrounding hotels and businesses experience that train noise as well. I am pleased to say that shouldn't be too much of a problem in the near future. The train whistle is to signal drivers who are at the nearby intersections for safety, but from what I have been hearing, there are plans to actually modify the area with an elevated/raised train platform so that cars can travel through without having to actually cross above the tracks. This was done just down the street (near Hugh Wallis and University) and I think that when they do this closer to our hotel it may eliminate a lot of that noise. In addition to that, we are currently seeking bids with some companies to modify or change our current windows into soundproof windows. Granted, this won't happen overnight as there is a process but we take our guest feedback seriously and want to ensure that you come back.

Regarding the Travel Channel, I never noticed that we didn't have it - but what a great idea to have that available. I am going to talk with our General Manager and see what it would take to add that channel.

Most importantly, thank you for staying with us and allowing us to be a part of your experience in Lafayette. I truly value your stay and your feedback and I hope that the next time you come through that your visit is even better. Hope to see you again!
Metairie, LA
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We stayed for 3 days for a family vacation in Lafayette area. The hotel is very nice, clean and modern. Every staff member we came in contact with we're very polite and accommodating. The rooms are clean, large and have modern amenities. There is free breakfast buffet every morning with a pretty good choice of foods. The spa is nice and clean. The gym is too. They have cookies every evening downsatirs as well as fresh coffee all day long. A nice business center with free Internet access, fax and copy machine. When we were eating breakfast Monday morning, a manager of the hotel was going around the tables, asking if we are having a good stay in their hotel and if we needed anything. It was a very good experience. We'll be back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
I want to thank you and your family for staying choosing our hotel on your recent stay to Lafayette and I am thrilled you had a great stay! As one of the managers at the hotel, we always want to make sure that we take every opportunity to make each of our guest experiences as awesome as possible. We appreciate your stay and hope to see you again the next time you are in Lafayette!
Hockessin, Delaware
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Stayed here for our daughter's wedding for 4 nights. From the moment we booked 9 months prior-- to the day we checked out, the service we received was excellent. The staff was so accommodating and as friendly as ever. We had the rehearsal dinner and after wedding party in the conference room and it worked out great! The breakfast was great--had a couple of basketball teams there and they did a great job of keeping up with the demand. I would definitely recommend this hotel for any occasion. You definitely get more than your money's worth!

• Stayed December 2011
Charles O, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Thank you for all the kind things you wrote about us. We try really hard to provide awesome guest service to all our guests. All too often people only take the time to share if there is a problem and we value your feedback as a gift. Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent stay and that it was a good one. We hope to see you again next time you are in Lafayette and I am going to share your comments with the team. Thank you again for being our guest!
Reviewed December 20, 2011

This business class hotel was perfect for my family of four. We appreciated the friendly staff who visited with us at breakfast. I hope to return again.

• Stayed December 2011
Charles O, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Thank you for the kind words and feedback on our hotel and I appreciate that your family stayed with us. I hope that you will come and try us again soon and if it was a truly great experience, I hope you will spread the word and let others know. Thanks again and if there is anything we can do to make your experience even better - please don't hesitate to ask! See you next time!
Perth, WA
Reviewed December 10, 2011

We stayed 3 nights at the Wyndam, ($66 / night - advance booking); and this was excellent value. We really couldn't believe our luck with this hotel. We liked the fact that you can access the lifts to your room through a 'key access only' side door adjacent to the back car-park and don't have to go through the lobby if you don't wish.

The hotel is modern, clean and totally non-smoking. The breakfast is substantial with hot and cold options in a large breakfast room; open plan from the lobby.

Check-in was smooth and our room was really big - they refer to them as 'oversize' rooms and they are spacious. Highly recommended.

It is convenient off the main highway, East to West, but there is no traffic noise. It's near the airport but you don't hear any aircraft noise either.

Room Tip: we had a room on the top floor which was pleasant because it had an outlook; we also always request...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Charles O, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Thank you for the wonderful comment that you shared on Trip Advisor. I really appreciate that you were our guest and had a great experience. I hope that you will come back to Lafayette and when you do that you stay with us again and have another great experience. One of the things that I see you didn't take advantage of was that included in the price of your room we provide free laundry service for our guest - you may not have had a need for it, but next time you come through keep in mind that there is no charge to use our washers and dryers! I am going to pass your comments on to the rest of the staff at our hotel - it will please them to know that we had another satisfied guest and I hope you do come back. Have a happy holiday to you and your family!