“A place to relax.”

Marcello's Wine Market Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Marcello's Wine Market Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 576 Restaurants in Lafayette
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a great place to dine slowly. The food and service is more than great. Great place to relax and enjoy.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Marcello's is an Italian restaurant and wine bar, and we fell totally in love with it. We started with the macaroni and cheese appetizer (flavored with truffle butter). Then while my son and I moved on to half orders of the spaghetti and meatballs and the pasta tritone, hubs got the veal marsala. Every single thing we ordered was absolutely delicious, and I was completely charmed by the half-orders. (What a great idea. You can have an appetizer and a meal and not feel like you are going to pop when you leave.) We washed it down with two glasses of pinot.

Prices are a little spendy, and we saw many people obviously there for a romantic (and fancy) evening out. However, we didn't feel out of place with our well-behaved 5-year-old and our blue jeans! Definitely worth a stop!

3  Thank bradshawgirl
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Seasoned restaurateur Gene Todaro has the right combination...a great bar, intimate tables or group seatings, updated versions of classic Italian dishes, terrific atmosphere. We wine and dine there often. The Lemon Basil Martini's my top pick.

2  Thank Janice L
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I thought i had been to all the nicer restaurants in the Lafayette area. Don't know how I missed this one. Felt like I was in Italy. The food was excellent as was the service. I had the veal with eggplant and anchovies and my companion had the veal Marsala. Great selection of wines and great foods. Couldn't ask for more.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

A wine market by name the selection of beers available was very impressive to this Englishman. Plenty of the unusual up and coming small breweries were on offer, at very good prices, with numerous foreign beers to tempt you if your pocket stretched a little further. A great place to visit and shop, but give yourself another time to have a good look around at all there is to enjoy.