Super 7 Inn
$105
$121
$99
Hampton.com
Pear Tree Inn Lafayette(Lafayette)
$80
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2009

I've never received such kurt, rude, and bland service from staff at a hotel. When I arrived at the hotel, I waitied patiently at the desk for 3 of the staff to mill around behind the desk without being asked I needed help. I finally asked if I could check in, and the response I got was "Just a minute." So I continued to wait about 5 more minutes without getting any sort of explanation as to why I was waiting so long. The next morning, I slept in past the breakfast and went to the vending machine to get a snack. My snack got stuck in the machine, so I went to the front desk to ask for change. The blonde-haired, Caucasian woman I spoke with was very kurt and rude, stating she had no change and had no idea how I might get change. When I asked if there was any chance they had a piece of fruit leftover from breakfast, recognizing that I had missed breakfast, she rudely said "No, breakfast ended at 9:00." I'm a small-built person, with a soft voice, and I was very polite and calm during all of this, and did not expect such rudeness.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank hunnybunny59
Jasmine D, General Manager at Super 7 Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Under new management as of Oct.2012

Reviewed August 13, 2008

I was very skeptical coming to this place. Boy was I wrong. Nice place. Doesnt look like much from the outside, but the rooms were great. The bed was decent. The lady at the front desk was super nice. She was very helpful when I asked for directions and restaurants in the area. I was pretty happy that they accommodated me to a room where I could overlook my vehicle. A great experience and I will be staying here again when in town.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed June 14, 2008

We stayed at the hotel even after reading the bad reviews because of the rates; well, you get what you pay for. The first room smelled of cigg smoke when we were to have a non smoke room plus the toilet did not flush and the a/c did not work. After some haggling we got a non smoke room with an a/c that worked well and a toilet that did flush but the tub/shower and sink had problems with draining and the towels and rags were dirty (make-up stains, hair, and a dead spider). The room carpet was very dirty and the baseboards were filthy, the room really needed a good scrubbing.
The Good points were the rates, pet friendly, parking, and location.
Will not stay again. Did find some Hotels very nearby that are pet friendly and although not as cheap they are a much better value and CLEAN!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2007

This was quiet an experience. One I do not wish to repeat. Booked the Jacuzzi Suite on-line. Got there early, Thank goodness. The Jacuzzi did not work, but then found out "none" of the jacuzzi's work. The lights kept dimming off and on. My husband is an electrician, informed the manager that the unit could catch on fire at any time. The Manager checked the breaker box, there was an "arc" forming at the breaker box. The Manager then offered us another "much better" room; however the jacuzzi didn't work there either and then I had to wonder..what else didn't work. I said I was going to call and find us another place to stay. The Manager kept turning the lights off on us and trying to "push" us to the other room..Anyway,the Good Lord was with us and I found this absolutely fabulous room at America's Best Inns & Suites.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Erin- S
Reviewed August 13, 2007

We found the hotel in one of the coupon books you can get at the Tourist Information Centers. 45$ for one bed, 50$ for two, microwave & fridge in the room...sounded okay.
The front desk girl was nice and immediately gave us another room when we noticed that the door between our room and the one next door couldn't be locked (lock was broken, looked like someone forced it).
Unfortunately the second room looked more worn out, but hey...it was for one night. Too bad that the toilet didn't flush. 'That happens sometimes if it hasn't been used for a while', the girl said and wanted to move us to room no.3. But in that one the toilet couldn't be flushed because the flusher was missing...
Back to room no.2 where the girl demonstrated that it really does flush. It did once. After she lift the flusher didn't work (again), unless you lifted the top of the water reservoir and pulled the whatever-it's-called.
When we got back from the grocery store we noticed that the fridge didn't work. They gave us two extra buckets with ice.
Pubic hair in the shower.

We felt too tired to move to another hotel, but maybe this review helps other travelers to look for a better place.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Sonja M