“Bad”
Review of Super 7 Inn

Super 7 Inn
Ranked #47 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I asked for a non smoking room because I am an asthmatic. I was given a smoking room. I asked for another one they said they did not have one. I asked for the manager be cause I wanted a refund. Have u I had not been in the room ten minutes. Manager Jennifer with a nasty attitude told me since I rented the room three hrs earlier I was not entitled to a refund. U only have fifteen minutes to ck the room. I told her to come look at the room to see I had not messed up anything. She refused. I will tell everyone to stay away from this place. Service not good. She did tell me I can talk to her manager tomorrow which is ash wed. So we will see what she says.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Fhall6
Jasmine D, General Manager at Super 7 Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

I am sorry about your last stay at our hotel this was some time ago....thank you for your comment.....that situation has been taken care of and we hope that you consider giving us another chance.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

It just reopen but the pool was nice not as nice as pics but clean. The hot was all nasty an green. I recommend for a Guy working great budget place to stay. Wouldn't want stay again as family are single female. Breakfast was cold frozen waffles an water down coffee that was it. Shouldn't even call it breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank LuCristia E
Reviewed August 19, 2011

About what you would expect for the price. No mold or dirt, which is always a good thing. The person at the desk was friendly and the breakfast was decent.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Pensfan1York_PA
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I was a bit leary about booking this room for an overnight business trip, but my company wasn't covering this one and I needed a great rate. i am a Choice Priviledges member so I was searching for one of their hotels in the area. The AAA rate of $42 for the night was hard to pass up.

Keep in mind that this hotel is located in an older section of Lafayette on Hwy 90 with quick access to I-10. It is not the prettiest area, but don't let that fool you. There are about 10 hotels on this strip of highway surrounding this one, so it does have quite a bit of traffic. I guess what I am trying to say is that i felt completely safe staying here.

It appears to be a remodeled property that once may have been under another name. there is the frame of an old sign out front so I don't know what it used to be. All rooms face outside like the older motels were fashioned. It has 2 stories.

When I checked in, it appeared that I was going to be the only one satying there. (I got that Bates Motel feeling). Anyway, as the evening progressed, it filled up. I walked into the lobby which was tastefully decorated. the desk clerk was flying solo and was on the phone taking a reservation. It took her a long time on the phone while I waited at the counter. Other than what seemed to be a long wait, check in went very smoothly and the clerk was nice and pleasant. She did like to talk, so don't let her get rambling too long or you will never get to your room.

The rooms are set back in a separate building behind the office. The office building includes the breakfast room and pool area as well as a one computer business center. I pulled right up to my door and went into my room. It was very clean and did not have that "motel smell". Out of 4 lamps in the room, 2 had burnt bulbs. Not a problem, didn't need those anyway. The room had a mini fridge which was perfect for my bottled water.

It has wireles internet that is easy to access and a nice desk for working. AC worked great. TV had lots of channels and the remote control worked.

I had a great night sleep. Since the room building is set way off the highway, there is no traffic noise.

The shower was great...hot water was perfect. Only problem was that I had 2 complimentary bottles of lotion instead of a shampoo. But luckily, i bring my own. Towels were clean.

Breakfast is from 6 to 9 in breakfast room in office building. if you enjoy a good hearty breakfast, go to Shoneys, Denny's, or Cracker Barrel. The breakfast served here is meager and not that great. The coffee was weak, orange juice was watery. Pastries included Eggo waffles, bagles, and donuts. the maple syrup seemed watered down too. This breakfast is good enough to put something in your belly til you can find real food. Don't plan on it getting you through the day.

I dont understand all the bad reviews here...You get wat you pay for. This hotel is fully what I expected. When you pay $42 for a room now days, you need not expect so much.

Overall, for the price? I rate it good. I paid less than $50 with tax. Good for an overnight stay. if i were staying longer, i might look elsewhere. But if you are looking for a cheap overnight place to lay your head, I think this place is a good deal.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2010

Bites on my face, legs, back. Very painful. I had to see my doctor and get several prescriptions--I looked like I'd been shot with a shot gun! I contacted the hotel and they told me pound sand, so I called the corporate office who was polite and sent me a letter saying the hotel was a franchise and they could do nothing. I then received a letter from the hotel telling me again to pound sand and threatening me not mention the ordeal.

Run screaming from this place--INFESTED!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank dextermethod

Under new management as of Oct.2012.

Reviewed January 4, 2010

I rarely write any reviews, but believe that I have a responsibility to comment on this one. I have stayed in maybe one worse room in my life. The microwave and refrigerator that are advertised do exist, although I believe all of them were salvaged from the scrap heap. More than anything, I just didnt feel that the place was safe. The lock on our door was broken and there was no alarm clock. HoJo is right next door for the same price and looked very decent. I'd stay at a motel 6 or super 8 before this place. DO NOT BELIEVE THE POSTS ABOUT HOW BEAUTIFUL THIS PLACE IS.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank zms2001

Under new manament as of Oct.2012

Reviewed October 3, 2009

We stayed there for one night on our way to another destination. The price was right as was the location, so we shacked up there for the night. The room was clean, but basic. The location was acceptable, since there were some resturants around, as well as a grocery store. The AC unit didn't work as well as it should have, but we were too tired to care. All rooms open to the outside, and some are smoking friendly for those who use tobacco. The free breakfast was pretty weak, and we ended up visiting the Waffle House across the street.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family