“New, but definately bare bones.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lafayette-South
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Fort Worth, Texas
“New, but definately bare bones.”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is a newer HIE, located south of town near the airport. That means it is definitely not easy off and easy on to I-10. Since it is newer, things are still fresh and neat, but as far as design and amenities, this one is definitely bare bones. First the good stuff. The check in was fast and efficient. The breakfast room is large, so you don't feel rushed to get out of the way. Breakfast selections were standard HIE. Now my other comments. We had a suite, but it was really just one room with a very small divider between the bedroom and the living area. That is not my idea of a suite. Three adults might find things a bit tight, but it is really OK for a quick overnight stop.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sid H
LAURIE C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lafayette-South, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are pleased that your check in experience went so efficient. We are sorry that the room you stayed in didn't meet your expectations. We are a Holiday Inn Express and our rooms are designed as Express rooms. We hope that you will stay with us again on your future trips to Lafayette.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
san diego california
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I was in town for a 2-day business meeting and was very pleased with my stay at this location. The proximity to the airport is unbeatable! Although I had a late arrival and very early checkout, they was always a staff member to greet me or say farewell. The breakfast was better than usual for this type of accommodation and the woman in charge was FABULOUS. She even tracked me down to deliver my yogurt to me (I had left it on the counter when carrying too many items!) The room was spacious and flexible. I used the 2 sections of the desk to form an "L" as I had to do a significant amount of work from the hotel room in the morning and evenings. The bed was very comfortable and I love the selection of pillows. I will be returning to the area and will definitely make this my 'homebase'!

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor at the end of the hall - very quiet room, for being on the street-side of a a...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
We are pleased that your stay at our hotel was so pleasant. We pride ourselves in wonderful customer service and am glad that we exceeded this on your stay. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future!
Rayne, Louisiana
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Very well kept up with very large comfortable rooms. Lots of places for the kids to play, pool and hot tub game room, playgrounds and fine dining room. The rooms we had had 2 queen beds and were very comforting after a full day of touring and shopping and visiting local attractions. We really enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: I asked for an inside room it's more secure and better for small children to be save. The rooms...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy that our hotel fulfilled your needs and you had such a pleasant experience with us. We strive to maintain our hotel standards at the highest level and are happy that we made your stay so comfortable. Please come back and stay with us again when you come back to town!
Leesville, Louisiana
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I checked in at the front desk with Lana. She greeted me with a smile and was very helpful in letting me know how to get to my room. She offered me fresh baked cookies upon arrival and told me about several wonderful local restaurants in the area. The property around the hotel was very well kept and the inside was even more beautiful. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the couches in the lobby!! The breakfast was surprisingly bountiful and checkout was a breeze. I will most definitely be visiting again!

Room Tip: The regular rooms are really nice but of course the suites are definitely worth the extra money!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
LAURIE C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lafayette-South, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in our location and customer service. Once again thank you and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This Hotel is ABSOLUTELY the Biggest Slice Of Heaven in the Lafayette area. I was so impressed with everything they had to offer. It was sooo clean and smelled like heavenly cookies, (YES! THE COOKIES TASTE JUST AS HEAVENLY AS THEY SMELL GREAT!!), also convenient location to great shopping spots, restaurants in the same blocks from the hotel had amazing food recommended by the hotel. The Beds are sooo Wonderful, I slept like a baby. As for the STAFF including Housekeeping, Breakfast and Front Desk are ALL ANGELS!!! They are the Kindest, Most Considerate, Loving Bunch of Angels I Have EVER Encountered. BIG, BIG KUDOS TO THE GM FOR KEEPING SUCH AN AWESOME STAFF AND HOTEL!!!

Room Tip: If you do get a chance to visit this heavenly hot spot check out rooms 209 and 211.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephanie N
LAURIE C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lafayette-South, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
We want to thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Our staff is pleased to see you had a more than pleasant experience with us. Look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Lafayette.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Checked in with Jordan, greeted with a warm and welcoming smile. Very beautiful decor, very clean property.Friendly and professional staff. Ms. Yvonne prepared the best instant grits I ever had, didn't know instant grits could taste that good, she has the best kept secret. Regan, shared some great eating spots. On Sunday we selected the Blue Dog for brunch, boy was that food tasteful! Kudos, to the property grooming artists

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank algiers504
LAURIE C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lafayette-South, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are pleased your stay with us was such a positive experience. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in town!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel is nice and clean. The pool and pool area is small and could use more patio furniture. Reagan at the front desk and the lady (didn't get her name) in the breakfast area were both very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you again for letting us know our staff was so helpful and friendly to you during your stay. We strive to make each guests' hotel experience live up to your expectations! Please let us know if we can assist you again in the future!