“Great room, great hotel, great service. Worth a few extra $”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lafayette-South
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I love it when first impressions are great and so is everything else. That describes this hotel. We've had one or two stays at this chain that were good but not up to the HIE standard or price. This one's worth the premium price. We don't mind paying the little more if we get what we're being promised by the brand. This one delivers! The room is spacious, great layout, and very clean. The bed was the usual premium quality with premium pillows and coverings. Super comfortable! The guy at the desk was clean cut and professional. Free internet was reasonable speed in the range of 3-10 MB/S and mostly closer to 10. Our experience is this is as good or better than most.

Won't have time to do breakfast in the morning but based on everything else we see here I think it would be fine!

Well done Holiday Inn Express. I wish all your hotels could be this good!

Room Tip: We saved a few bucks by booking online through Trip Adviser and paid in advance for the room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This hotel was everything we were looking for but we were not expecting the fantastic welcome and service we received. Reagan (mentioned in another review) gave us the warmest welcome we have ever received at any hotel ever and couldn't do enough to help us. Our king size room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very good and everything was kept well stocked and tidy. We enjoyed our stay so much (thanks to Reagan) - that we returned to stay there a week later for 2 more nights. Who was there to greet us again - Reagan. He remembered us right away and also a conversation we had about wine. I hope that management recognizes the rare gem that they have here and create career opportunities for this young man.

Room Tip: The rooms on the swimming pool side are quieter than the ones facing the road.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have never written about the desk clerk at any hotel....but this is special. After spending a long day driving, I was glad to reach my hotel. I was greated by Reagan at the front desk. He was actually happy to see me and was very kind and helpful. His care was real and he was not spending time on the phone, texting...etc like I have seen at other hotels. He checked me in quickly. He the pointed out warm fresh-baked cookies to take with me. They were still warm.... When I thanked him and started to leave, he said, "You want regular or skim milk and I will go get you some from the kitchen..."
Wow...what a nice thing to offer...
The bottled water was fine...but I felt really welcome.
Listen Holiday Inn...this young man could teach classes on how to greet and help customers.
The hotel was great...clean..quiet...safe....quiet...
But next time I come back, it will be because of the man with the cookies and milk.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Stop_At_Red_Lights
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

The customer service was great and the room and bathroom were very clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed here on the way coming back from a 6 hour drive. The desk clerk was very helpful and welcoming. I was exhausted and was hoping for a quiet room to relax for a bit. The hotel is clean, beautifully decorated, and has a wonderful staff. The breakfast was OK and was plentiful. The only minus I would give the hotel deals with the noise level. The walls seem to be very thin. I heard everything my neighbor was doing above me. I could hear when they walked, when a door was closed and possibly when an item was dropped on the floor. I did call and ask whether there were children above me at one point but I fell asleep eventually from exhaustion. I would recommend it if you are not in desperate need of rest and are just passing through for one night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there with a group of people. The staff was really nice. The rooms were ok for $90 The breakfast was not very appetizing but had several choices. Had problems with room keys constantly when trying to leave pool area to lobby. Overall it was ok.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed here while on a business trip recently. The hotel was clean and looked nice. We didn't use the pool but others were and seemed to be having fun. It looked like a nice pool area.

The bed was comfortable. Rooms were set up well. Our room had a microwave and small refrigerator in it (which was nice!). But the shower head was terrible. Either the stream was light and too spread out or it was too narrow with good pressure. And, as is often the case, the walls were thin allowing you to hear noises in the hallway.

• Stayed: May 2012