“Overcharged, called a liar, and denied a refund”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lafayette-South
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
San Diego, California, USA
“Overcharged, called a liar, and denied a refund”
Reviewed April 13, 2011

I stayed here one night for business and was actually pleasantly surprised by the hotel and the service I received at the front desk. However, the hotel billed me for two nights instead of one. I checked out in the morning after my first night, finished my business in the area, and then returned home. Management claims I requested to stay an additional night at 5 PM, when I was already back in my home state! I tried to resolve the error with Management, but after about 2 weeks and several calls Management informed me they would not be reversing the charge.

Management basically called me a liar. I am stunned at the difficulty I encountered trying to get the charges removed from my credit card. Please be forewarned if you stay here.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fargo, ND
Reviewed January 23, 2011

My room was very comfy, the exercise room was adequately supplied with equipment, and the employees were very nice indeed. I am coming to the Lafayette area 5 more times this year and plan on staying here again! I felt welcome and safe.

• Stayed January 2011
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I did not sleep well here and I could hear everything in the rooms around me. The quality of this hotel room was low with mininal upgrade of the basics (carpet, bedding, chairs, ect). We had a suite that was larger with a sitting area, but nothing impressive.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Lake Charles La
Reviewed September 2, 2010

My stay at this hotel was wonderful and I would highly recommend this hotel to business associates, family and friends. Although the recognizable name of Holiday Inn Express already suggests a comfortable stay, this particular site is a step above the rest. I have stayed in many Holiday Inn Express hotels, but was very surprised with the elegant decor througout the site. This hotel not only is selling comfortable rooms and a pleasant night stay, but customer service as well. The entire staff at this hotel was welcoming, helpful and enjoyable. This hotel site is in proximity to some delicious local restaurants that offer local flavor specific to this city. Do not let the word Express fool you. This is a five-star mini hotel. I will be back for the local festivities particular to this region in the fall.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed August 31, 2010

All Employees from Housekeeping to desk employees, everyone was excellent and you can tell they were sincere. The hotel is very very clean!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank jf2620
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 20, 2010

My husband and I checked in for a 2 night stay. The lobby and breakfast area looked very nice and the front desk personnel were very friendly. We went to our room and it was a "suite" with a king bed. Very nice and clean. This hotel is very close to Kaliste Saloom Road which is a very busy road and our room was on the front of the hotel close to the road. We could clearly hear the traffic, but we thought we could live with it. We actually went to Wal Mart and bought some ear plugs.
Even with the ear plugs, the traffic noise was still bad - then, the next morning I called the front desk and asked for a room at the back of the hotel. They then told me that the hotel was full with sports teams and there were no other rooms available. THEN the teenagers started coming down the hall yelling and hollering. Don't even think about breakfast - they filled up the breakfast area. We went to the front desk and told them that we were going to check out early because of the traffic noise and the teenager noise. We moved to the Holiday Inn Express on AMbassador Caffery and it is wonderful - set far back off of the road and very quiet.
If you chose the Holiday Inn Express on Kaliste Saloom be aware that if you are given an "odd" number room you will hear the traffic. It is also almost impossible to turn left out of the hotel parking lot due to the heavy traffic.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin
Reviewed January 17, 2010

There was apparently a convention/contest/something going on for which about 50 young, ACTIVE girls were staying in the hotel. TWICE we had to call the front desk to complain about the noise and thumping & bumping (were they practicing their routines in the room?). They were noisy until about 12:30 am and then starting about 7:00 am. And forget using the elevators or breakfast buffet!! Wish we had been warned so we could have stayed elsewhere! Otherwise, it was a great place.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple