“Best hotel in Lafayette”

Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The rooms in the hotel and very nice, large, and great kitchen with large fridge/freezer. I had to wait about 30 minutes for my room to be available, which was strange because I did not arrive until after 5 pm. But the staff was friendly and offered me a beverage while I waited. They serve a free light meal with drinks on Tuesday - Thursday, which is very nice. The location is great for close access to restaurants in the evenings. The breakfast is above average with fresh fruit and the staff is always around checking on you in case you need something else.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
DOS_Charles_Oliver, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Hi TRKhouston, thank you for leaving us a review on TripAdvisor about your recent experience! I am sorry that you had to wait for 30 minutes to get a room. The blessing is that we have been busier than ever these last 2 months, the downside is that we aren't getting the rooms ready fast enough for our afternoon check-ins. Your feedback will be shared with my team to ensure that we can work together on delivering a more efficient process to ensure that rooms are ready for when you check-in. I am so thankful that our team offered you a beverage while you waited and I am pleased you were able to enjoy our evening Social (dinner service) that we provide Tuesday through Thursday evenings! I hope that you will come back and see that we take our guests feedback seriously and value it! I also hope that the next time you come to Lafayette that you try us again and feel that we delivered on our promises! Hopefully we will see you again soon! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I reserved a king one bedroom suite. Arrived at the hotel at 2pm and was told a room would be ready in 15-20 minutes. Left the hotel and came back at 3. A room still wasn't available and 4 others were also waiting. At 3:45, I agreed to downgrade to a queen room for $10 less as an upgrade would have taken a few hours. Excuse given was that only 4 housekeepers were on duty and many rewards members took advantage of a late checkout. The paperwork that I signed at check-in had a VIP stamp next to my name. Not sure of their definition, but I was not feeling the love.
The room was nice and clean. Bathroom has a door separating the toilet/tub from the sink area. I feel I downgraded to one of the worst rooms in the house as it was on the second floor behind the elevator. Could hear the elevator and feel the vibration until 2am. Then at 4:30 I hear the tv blaring in the breakfast area. I called and it was promptly lowered. Probably the breakfast preparer didn't realize it. There was a couch in the room, but it wasn't a sofa bed as I thought there would be one.
Breakfast was plentiful and a wide variety of items. Scrambled and hard boiled eggs, breads, bagels, cooked oatmeal, blueberries, peaches, cereals, yogurt, cheeses, breakfast pizza, and waffles with a fleur de lis.
The staff is friendly.
I might give this hotel a second chance someday, but only if my preferred hotel in Lafayette is booked (I have reviewed that one). And if I check-in on a Saturday again, I would wait until at least 6pm.

• Stayed: February 2014

Hi NicholasTheGreek, I want to thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay. I have also responded to the review on our other website and I appreciate that you took the time to give us a chance to fix what was not right and give us an opportunity to make things right. I sincerely hope that you will come back and give us another chance to regain your business and see that we are excited to exceed your expectations! Please come back and see us soon! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed for business for 2 nights, and the rooms were large, clean, and inviting. The staff was very friendly, breakfast provided some good options, and the amenities were great as well. I had a view of a palm tree, which was very nice being from Pennsylvania.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Hello Joshua L - Thank you for visiting us from Pennsylvania and I hope that you come back and see us again really soon! Indeed we do have palm trees around the front of the hotel and if you had a room facing the courtyard area, you would see our pool is open year-round and also has palm trees nestled around there as well by the gazebo and BBQ grill area too. I hope that you come back and see us again and thank you for being my guest! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have stayed here at the Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport several times in the last year. Each and every time my room has been excellent and the service top notch. Great location and amenities near by. The breakfast in the morning is one of my favorites!!!
Thanks Staybridge

Room Tip: Recommend the King Suite over looking the pool.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Staybridge_Lafayette, Guest Service Ambassador at Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Hello Chrisbflyin, Thanks for your kind words about our wonderful hotel. We do try to make sure that our rooms feel as if you are the very first guest in them each time it gets rented out. We are located around lots of great stores and places to get souvenirs. We do have a hot breakfast every morning and I also hope that you got to enjoy our Social that we have which include free dinner, free beer, and free wine every Tuesday -Thursday evening starting at 5:30. We hope that we remain one of your favorite hotels in the area and you will come and stay with us again soon. Guest Service Agent-Jeffrey Babineaux

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I am a road Worrier and travel 60% of the time. I stopped staying at Holiday Inn propertys for some time now. However I was shocked how nice a hotel this was. The room was Hudge and with a great little Kitchen, very clean. The property was kept very nice with lots of extra items besides the pool.
I have to be on the road a lot but I will look for more Staybridge Suites on my travels, but if your in Lafayette I hould recomed this spot.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Hi Chas K - I wanted to thank you for being a guest of our hotel! I am thrilled that you enjoyed our clean and well appointed hotel and I truly look forward to serving you again on all of your future travels to Lafayette! If there is anything that we can do to make your next stay even better, please feel free to let me know! It is truly my pleasure to take care of your business! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We selected this hotel as a temporary home until we found and moved into a home in Lafayette. We felt this was the best choice for us because of the "extras" they offer. We have used every amenity the Staybridge has to offer: hot breakfast with varied selections daily, The Social dinner Tuesday through Thursday with Abita (a Louisiana Beer) on tap, the free laundry, the basketball court, the heated pool and hot tub, the business center's computer, printer and fax, the Pantry, and the media room where we watched movies we borrowed from the front desk. Little did we know that our stay here would last over 3 months. When we realized that we were going to be here through Thanksgiving and Christmas I was in a panic as I did not know how I was going to keep the Christmas presents hidden from our two children. Then I remembered they had mentioned they had storage closets on site that we could use free of charge. We email Santa our room number and he delivered our presents as he does every year. The ease of our stay here has honestly made this transition period a comfortable one.

• Stayed: December 2013

Hello there Mdb3dmb - it truly was OUR pleasure to have you and your family here during the holidays and beyond! It is such a blessing to hear that you were able to use all of our amenities we provide for our guests and that Santa was able to make use of our complimentary storage closets just in time for the holidays! Thank you and your family for the opportunity to serve you and I hope that if you or anyone you know has a hotel need, that you would be so kind to refer us - that is definitely the best compliment! Come back and visit anytime! Thank you again for being our guest! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is my second stay at this property, and I will stay every time I am in Lafayette, LA! The suites are VERY nice and feel especially "homey". Real dishes in the kitchen, instead of throw aways, are a nice touch.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Hey there eyeseakc - thank you so much for the great review and for coming back to stay with us again! In addition to the "real" dishes in the guest suites, we are featuring "real" china plates, bowls, and coffee cups in our breakfast area and "real" glass glasses for juice rather than the plastic/styrofoam - it is much better on the environment (plus we are pleased to be a Trip Advisor Green Leader Silver award winner!). I hope that you come back and see us on your next trip into town! I appreciate your business! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales