“Comfortable hotel”

Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights after leaving a hotel nearby due to noise problems, and so glad we did the hotel is well maintained to a good standard, over our 17day trip this was by far the best for choice of breakfast that included a great choice of fresh fruit. The room was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
DOS_Charles_Oliver, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Hello Bobbi28, I truly appreciate and value your business! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and also for being our guest. I am sorry about your experience at the other hotel and hope that if you return to Lafayette that we will be your first choice for future stays! Thank you for recognizing the breakfast! With fresh, hand-sliced fruit such as Pineapple, Strawberries, Honeydew, Blueberries, Grapes, and Cantaloupe - it's a welcome relief to the hungry and healthy traveler! I hope to see you again in Lafayette! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This hotel is really nice perfect for a family with kids. The room was clean and the bed was very soft you get a suite that have two rooms with a TV on each room also you get a kitchen with all the kitchen ware (pots, cutlery, glasses, etc.), I really enjoyed staying at this hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
DOS_Charles_Oliver, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Hi msangeles, thank you for staying with us and being our guest! I really appreciate that you took the time to respond and review! We try to provide comfortable just-like-home accommodations for all of our guests and I hope that we will have the honor of serving you and your family again soon! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I've stayed here several times, and every time I stay, I am impressed with the consistency of the service, and the standard of the accommodation. From check in to check out, things are always really good. Even the basic rooms have a kitchenette with fridge, microwave, cutlery and crockery. The breakfast is above average, and the staff are always helpful. The only minor complaint I would have, is that the towels are starting to look and feel a bit worn.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good, clean, comfortable place to stay, at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Hello LCSmith_13 , Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent experience with us - I really appreciate the kind words and thoughtful feedback. I am going to forward your concerns about our towels to my team to make sure that gets addressed. I really value and appreciate your business and hope that you will come back to see us on your next trip to Lafayette! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Arrived late, but greeted in a friendly, professional manner with check-in quick and easy. The room was more than adequate, with good facilities. I would stasy here again and recommend it to colleagues and friends.

1  Thank Tony F

Hi Tony F - Thank you for being our guest and providing such a great comment! I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay for business and hope that we can continue to serve you and your colleagues with every trip to Lafayette! Come see us again! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales

Reviewed June 22, 2013

A nice clean and new hotel with great rooms, and an above average breakfast. We had a great nights sleep here and were very happy with the hotel, which is superb value for money.

There was one fly in the ointment though, the check in was bizarre with 2 young (sub 20s) employees being a little off hand and chatting more amongst themselves than with us. This strange check in let down our experience of the hotel or it would have had better marks.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Five15 - Thank you for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback on your recent experience at our hotel and giving us an opportunity to improve. I am going to forward your feedback to our front office manager to address the situation immediately and prevent that type of experience to occur in the future. I hope you come back to Lafayette and stay with us again! Thank you for being our guest! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My experience at Staybridge was amazing. First, the front desk attendant called me prior to my arrival because one of the guests did not leave and they could not get in touch with him. She was proactive and already had a plan for me to stay at the Wingate @ Wyndham a mile away and would take care of it. Talk about quality service. When I returned the next day, they gave me a fabulous suite for my inconvenience. They went above and beyond with the help at the front desk and desire to accommodate me in any way possible with such kindness.

The complimentary breakfast (everyday) and social snacks/meal (Tuesday-Thursday) was actually very good. Anything you could want (oatmeal, waffles, muffins, eggs, meat, etc.) was provided in the breakfast. The social meals change each night but they provide a menu in the rooms. It is usually a salad bar and some sort of entrée like hamburgers, fajitas, etc. The pool and hot tub were great additions and I took advantage of relaxing in there during my stay!

The best part was the cleanliness of the rooms, pool area, common area, and food area. I am a bit OCD about cleanliness and neatness, and the Staybridge Suites did not disappoint. Overall, it was a great experience, and I look forward to another excuse to stay at this great hotel!

2  Thank 58JulieB58
DOS_Charles_Oliver, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Hello Julie B - Thank you for your great words! I am so pleased that you came to stay with us and gave us an opportunity to take care of you on your stay in Lafayette! Our front desk team led by Delayna works very hard to take care of our guests and I am thankful for their swift actions in proactively having a solution - and more thankful to YOU for coming back to our hotel!

I am hoping that this recent experience will further build your trust in our hotel for future stays when in Lafayette and I want to thank you for being my guest! Come see us again soon! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Details, details, details.

Arrival at hotel - Upon arriving at the hotel it looks very new. This is continued through the lobby and public areas. It all looks very new. We then inquired about the age of the hotel and were told that the hotel is around 4yrs old, but it looks almost new. The housekeeping / maintenance staff must be commended for this. Really excellent.

Our room - We stayed in the 2-Br suite and were very, very pleased. The most pleasing part of the stay was that it seemed that someone actually talked to travelers when designing the hotel, and the staff are able execute it perfectly.
Our rooms was in great shape. VERY well cleaned. The kitchen is sufficiently appointed - 6 sets of table wear and glasses in each. Pots, pans and even some storage containers. The bedrooms and beds were great. The beds actually use a top-sheet!!!! How many hotels still do that? The iron cord is sufficiently long enough. The bathroom towels were very soft...sort of quilted...much softer than the average hotel towels. The provided soaps and shampoos were better than average as well. Each bedroom and the living area had a flat screen TV.

Other amenities - The use of the washer / dryer was free. FREE!! I've never seen that. The laundry room also had a TV and a couple of chairs for you to sit if you wanted to wait on your laundry. It is also connected to the exercise room if you prefer to workout while washing.

Overall, we had a great stay. Ashley (the manager) and her staff are running a great place. I've never stayed at a Staybridge before, but they will be in consideration going forward. However if we are going to be in Lafayette, we'll definitely be staying there.

Room Tip: We were in room 135 which is a 2-Br suite. It is on the east side of the hotel and is shaded as the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PittJim

Hello PittJim and thank you for taking the time to write such a brilliant and glowing review about our hotel! I really appreciate the kind words and compliments towards our facility and its team. Additionally, I am going to forward your review to Ashley (our GM) to also share with our team. Additionally, I also want to express gratitude for your attention to the details of our hotel from your recent stay! I hope that you come back and see us again soon and look for our hotel in your future travels! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales