“OH MY GOSH, GREAT STAY!!!”

Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fargo, ND
“OH MY GOSH, GREAT STAY!!!”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I had to stay in Lafayette for two weeks, and decided to book my room here so I could have a kitchenette. This place is wonderful! The employees are extremely helpful, the room is clean and comfortable, and the kitchen is equiped with everything I need (the fridge even has an icemaker!). I am able to rent DVD movies for free at the front desk, the breakfasts are delish, and the housekeeping staff keeps my room filled with soap and fresh towels. If you're staying in the Lafayettte area, stay here. You WON'T regret it!

Room Tip: This is a safe location.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Destrehan, Louisiana
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I have stayed at 10 or more hotels in Lafayette and this one is in the top two. The location is great, the setting is quiet, and the hotel is like new. The suites are well laid-out, spacious, and nicely appointed. The bed and living room furniture are very comfortable. Lafayette has such great restaurants, you might not use the kitchen stove but the fridge and the food prep and cleanup areas all add to the value and the convenience of your stay here. The bathroom has a shower, but no tub.

The breakfast buffet is very good, as they rotate what is offered daily. And when my wife simply asked if they had oatmeal one day, the server (named Naara) went out of her way to make her a special batch. The spacious dining area has 20 foot ceilings and adjoins a common area with a TV comfortable furnishings that provides a good place to meet, relax, or socialize. Even nicer are the outdoor areas out back where there is a gazebo, tables and chairs in a nice garden, a hot tub, basketball court, and a pool. The fitness center is OK, and adjoins an in-house laundry where you can wash clothes while you work out.

Based on its great comfort, convenience, and responsive staff, I'll be back. I highly recommended this hotel for short or long stays.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed August 13, 2011

The staff was extremely helpful. The property is very nice. It is located in a quiet pocket, but very close to ULL, restaurants, shopping, etc. My room was very nice with a sitting area, nice bath, and a small, well -equipped kitchen. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank gfijr01
BERMUDA
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This was a great little find. I took my mother and husband to the International Music Festival there in April. Our room was big enough for the three of us although we couldn't understand why they would not make-up the pull out couch.
There was no maid service on the weekend, but they were up front about that and we were able to manage very well.
It was a very comfortable stay. the room was clean and having two TVs was a help. The front desk people were very helpful and one even drove us to the airport when the regular pick-up person wasn't listening to her radio.
There was a bit of a rush at B/fast to get food and a fear that when it was finished it wouldn't be replenished. The staff that dealt with this were lacking and the hot water was never hot. That's my only complaint. I'd reccommend it as a comfortable base from which to move around Layfayette and the surrounding area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband & I stayed @ this absolutely wonderful place for a family visit (July 1-6, 2011). Our first stay @ a Staybridge Suite and it will NOT be our last. Every single person was helpful (beginning with Ryan S. & Betty B. Upon arrival we were greeted like 'long lost family'. Even tho this was a holiday weekend/week, we never felt neglected. Talk about customer care, Ryan had given us some information on a restaurant and as we were leaving (we are in the car), he comes out of the hotel to inform us that the restaurant did not open until later. Saving us a wasted trip. I don't want this write up to be a novel, but to put it succinctly... this is the best place to stay in Lafayette, LA ~ the accommodations were absolutely wonderful.. so much space.. you actually felt like you were in an apartment. I can't remember everyone's name but ALL (front desk, restaurant & housekeeping) were helpful, friendly and took the time to 'chat a bit' with us. See ya next year Staybridge..!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SouthernLady8604
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Would have given Staybridge Suites a 5 but for the fact that when we arrived at 5 p.m. our room was not ready -- and I was not happy about that when check-in is at 3:00 p.m. -- They need to have more than 1 person working at front desk when there is a line to check in -- Because of not having my room ready, which caused problems with desk clerk, there were people behind me not too happy that I was not being checked in faster -- This was a 3 day girl get away and had booked the 2 bedroom suite because we were 5 girls and all wanted to stay together in one room -- Now at 5:00 p.m. I was told the room would not be ready for another hour -- After traveling for over 8 I did not want to wait another hour to check in -- especially after we had unloaded the car -- We ended up with a 2 bedroom suite with 2 King beds and they comped another suite to accommodate the 5 of us but that meant we could not all be together in one suite -- and none of us were happy about that --
As far as the rest of it -- it was clean -- and we did like the breakfast -- you had more choices than at most motel provided breakfasts and we enjoyed sitting out on the patio -- and it was a convenient drive for all we wanted to do -- Later in the week we were at another motel in a different town and all of the girls preferred the Staybridge Suites -- However, it is ridiculous to not have a room ready at 5:00 p.m. when check-in is at 3:00 p.m. -- There is really no excuse for that --
Would I stay here again -- probably if we were 3 or more -- but if 2 traveling probably not --

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Not spectacular, not outstanding service but not bad either. My spouse stopped at the front desk to ask for a wake up call, nope you have to call from the room even though you talk to the same person. I was unloading som shopping, housekeeping saw me and came back to get the shopping bags, even though they'd already done our room. Service depends on who you talk to. It's a bed, with a breaky buffet, nothing spectacular just food, not hot but free, so...if you need a place to sleep it's comfy but doesn't stand out particularly.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business