“Exceptional!!! Everything.. Suites, People, Food, Location..”

Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Exceptional!!! Everything.. Suites, People, Food, Location..”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband & I stayed @ this absolutely wonderful place for a family visit (July 1-6, 2011). Our first stay @ a Staybridge Suite and it will NOT be our last. Every single person was helpful (beginning with Ryan S. & Betty B. Upon arrival we were greeted like 'long lost family'. Even tho this was a holiday weekend/week, we never felt neglected. Talk about customer care, Ryan had given us some information on a restaurant and as we were leaving (we are in the car), he comes out of the hotel to inform us that the restaurant did not open until later. Saving us a wasted trip. I don't want this write up to be a novel, but to put it succinctly... this is the best place to stay in Lafayette, LA ~ the accommodations were absolutely wonderful.. so much space.. you actually felt like you were in an apartment. I can't remember everyone's name but ALL (front desk, restaurant & housekeeping) were helpful, friendly and took the time to 'chat a bit' with us. See ya next year Staybridge..!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SouthernLady8604

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Would have given Staybridge Suites a 5 but for the fact that when we arrived at 5 p.m. our room was not ready -- and I was not happy about that when check-in is at 3:00 p.m. -- They need to have more than 1 person working at front desk when there is a line to check in -- Because of not having my room ready, which caused problems with desk clerk, there were people behind me not too happy that I was not being checked in faster -- This was a 3 day girl get away and had booked the 2 bedroom suite because we were 5 girls and all wanted to stay together in one room -- Now at 5:00 p.m. I was told the room would not be ready for another hour -- After traveling for over 8 I did not want to wait another hour to check in -- especially after we had unloaded the car -- We ended up with a 2 bedroom suite with 2 King beds and they comped another suite to accommodate the 5 of us but that meant we could not all be together in one suite -- and none of us were happy about that --
As far as the rest of it -- it was clean -- and we did like the breakfast -- you had more choices than at most motel provided breakfasts and we enjoyed sitting out on the patio -- and it was a convenient drive for all we wanted to do -- Later in the week we were at another motel in a different town and all of the girls preferred the Staybridge Suites -- However, it is ridiculous to not have a room ready at 5:00 p.m. when check-in is at 3:00 p.m. -- There is really no excuse for that --
Would I stay here again -- probably if we were 3 or more -- but if 2 traveling probably not --

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Not spectacular, not outstanding service but not bad either. My spouse stopped at the front desk to ask for a wake up call, nope you have to call from the room even though you talk to the same person. I was unloading som shopping, housekeeping saw me and came back to get the shopping bags, even though they'd already done our room. Service depends on who you talk to. It's a bed, with a breaky buffet, nothing spectacular just food, not hot but free, so...if you need a place to sleep it's comfy but doesn't stand out particularly.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Reservation: Called hotel directly to make reservation. Advised I would have a dog with me.
I was told to call central reservation number AND MUST ADVISE THAT I WOULD HAVE A DOG BECAUSE WE WOULD BE HOUSED ON THE FIRST FLOOR. DID THAT.

Arrival: After driving for 12 hours I arrived at the hotel at 5pm. I was told that there wasn't a room ready for me. AT 5PM. I was asked to wait. Then I was told that I would be put on the 3rd floor as there was no room on the first floor; they didn't know I had a dog. I presented my pristine reservation form noting all the pertinent information, but he said he didn't need to look at it. After waiting, I was told that I would be on the first floor because I had a dog. GUESS WHAT. He never scrolled down the screen to see all the information on the reservation. (but he didn't need to look at my copy.)

Apologies and I was given a key to my room. You guessed it-the key didn't work- back to the front counter. New Keys. Go to unload my vehicle- Yup you guessed it- the keys didn't open the outside door-back to the front desk.

Bringing my belongings into the room, I smell cigarette smoke all over the lobby. Guess what- it was one of the hotels employees smoking in the hallway. Guess the management should have told him it was a non-smoking hotel.

Back from dinner- undressed- ready for bed. OH OOPS - the remote control for the t v is not working-in fact it is scotch taped together. Call front desk- someone will be there in a few minutes. You guessed it again- after 15 minutes- nada.

In the meantime, I spilled some water and as there was a service cart outside in the hall I asked the gentleman for a rag> Came back out with a wet rag and some paper towels. I asked where I could throw each. Not even with a gaze, he said "in the bucket," I threw the paper towel in the obvious garbage bucket...but again asked where should I throw the towel. Louder, without any gaze "in the bucket" "What bucket" (was I supposed to throw it in the garbage. Finally, he picked up the garbage bucket which revealed another bucket underneath. Excuse me....I am a guest. Could he not just take the towel from me?

Finally, back to the room to await my remote.

Isn't this just what you want to do after driving for 12 hours when you want to go to bed?
No remote...took the bad remote and kitchen towel with the two big holes in it to the front desk and let my displeasure be known.

Nice relaxing stay...aye? Good grief guys. Get it together.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank marcella327
Brisvegas!
Reviewed January 18, 2011

The hotel is conveniently located with easy access to the town, highways and attractions in the area. Check in was seamless and the staff all very friendly. It is a standard Staybridge layout/design with the rooms and common areas all well maintained and spotlessly clean. The room has the standard kitchen configuration with the usual crockery and kitchen utensils. Amenities include a basketball/sports court, gym, business centre and free wireless and wired internet. The breakfast is standard bacon, ham or sausage, omelette, cereal, yoghurt, fresh fruit etc. Supermarkets, chemist and coffee is all within a 2 minutes drive and the area is nice and safe. I would definitely stay here again if in the area it was a nice stop off point on our drive from San Antonio through to New Oreleans. I would like to make a further point about the staff here, everyone is exceptionally friendly and nothing is too much trouble, a real pleasure staying here.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank thecrankytraveller
Houston
Reviewed January 6, 2011

My family and I were pleasantly welcomed upon our arrival and given all pertinent details about the hotel and what it offers. The room was emaculate and provided more than enough space for me, my husband, and my 2 very active kids.

We really enjoyed the breakfast because it had something to offer for everyone. It was fresh, hot and well stocked. I think the best thing about our stay was the location and friendliness of the staff. We were close to a host of restuarants and shopping and the staff was extremely courteous and helpful.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting the Lafayette area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jmhandy1223
Houston, TX
Reviewed January 2, 2011

I stayed at Stay Bridge for a little over a week, along with 5 other colleagues. We had no complaints. The staff is amazing! The rooms are Comfy, roomy, and modern. I just came back from a JW Marriott 5 Star in Cancun, and this hotel is almost as nice as that one. Pretty impressive! We had to work on homework some nights, and the staff went out of their way to help meet our needs. Also, 5 of us are women, and each felt very safe. It is hard to find a clean, safe, NICE hotel these days. Stay Bridge was great! The snacks and cocktails are nice to come back to after a long day of work. The checkout process was the only negative thing I have to add. Allow 15-20 minutes to check out. It might have been just a “short staff” day, but they serve a good free breakfast, so I didn’t get that frustrated.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business