“Amazing food”

Ranked #16 of 585 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Award-winning Cajun cuisine and live Cajun music nightly make Prejean's Restaurant a one-of-a-kind dining experience. Conveniently located on I49 North, just 2 miles north of I-10 in Lafayette, LA. Repeatedly voted Acadiana's Favorite Cajun restaurant, the friendly and casual atmosphere is sure to delight. Big Al, the 14-foot stuffed gator is seated in the middle of the dining room guarding some of our over 400 culinary medals and awards. Open 7 days for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Large groups welcome! Prejean's Restaurant is "Simply Cajun, Simply Delicious"!
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is my first time to Lafayette and my brother recommended this restaurant. I owe him a hearty thank you. It's a cajun themed restaurant with the decor and the zydeco-cajun music so I was a little concerned that the food would suffer as it does in so many themed restaurants. I had nothing to worry about, the food was great. I had the crawfish etouffee and it was delicious. I would recommend it to everyone.

1  Thank drmarkhm
Write a ReviewReviews (1,459)

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Went with a group of friends to Lafayette and decided to try breakfast at Prejeans. This is a very unique restaurant with some of the best food on the planet. Our waiter brought us baskets of sweet potato biscuits that were out of this world! Since there were a number of us, we tried several different items on the breakfast menu and no one was disappointed. I had the crabcake sitting on a potato cake with a poached egg and hollandaise sauce. It was heavenly! A couple of people at my table tried the omelets and were very pleased. My husband had the boudin and biscuit with etouffee. He said it was very spicy and delicious. For those less adventurous with breakfast, one person ordered bacon and eggs and was also pleased.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

While planning our trip to Lafayette, everyone we talked to said we had to eat at Prejean's. That's impressive!
I am not a seafood eater, but my husband loves it. So we made a night out of it... Lingering over dinner and trying all kinds of dishes we'd never even heard of and listening to great live zydeco music. The food was great. Like I said, I don't usually eat this stuff, but I loved the Crawfish boudin balls. The place was busy, but the staff was on top of it. Presentation and quality were great. Our waitress, Brittany, was wonderful! I worried she'd get frustrated with us taking a table for so long, but she treated us like family who'd come for a visit. I would not dream of going to Lafayette again without eating at Prejean's.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

This is my third trip to Lafayette and my third trip to Prejean's. I highly recommend them for the quality of the food, the prices, and the service. I have tried three different entrees, and though they may have something on the menu that I don't love, I have yet to find it!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I was a bit surprised to see that Prejean's had dropped from the top ten in Lafayette as we had enjoyed it so much the last time we visited last July (forgot to do a review of that visit). I had trully enjoyed the atmosphere and the food so much we had been looking forward to a return visit, unfortunately it did not live up to our expectations. As I have become fond of hush puppies and they were on the menu as an appetizer I thought I would have some. They were absolutely gross, greasy and solid, not anything like the one's I had had at a previous restaurant which were beautifully fluffy. I ordered the half and half as last time I had had the etouffee which comes with a pie (which looks like a small pasty) and had enjoyed the etouffee but not the pie. When our entrees were delivered to the table for some reason I received the wrong food as there was no half and half but a pie with etouffee. I called a waitress over as ours seemed to be anywhere but near our table and told her there was a mistake and she went off to deal with it. The problem was our waitress did not write anything down and it seems in the time it took her to leave our table and make it to the machine to enter the order she'd forgotten what we wanted, she actually came back to check what my husband had ordered but it seems she should have also checked with me! The food was delivered but the etouffee was not as good as I remembered and the whole evening was marred because of the service. Very disappointing when you'd had such a wonderful time the year before. So I can understand the drop to 19 now.