“Great food, underappreciated music”
Review of Prejean's

Prejean's
Ranked #6 of 568 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Award-winning Cajun cuisine and live Cajun music nightly make Prejean's Restaurant a one-of-a-kind dining experience. Conveniently located on I49 North, just 2 miles north of I-10 in Lafayette, LA. Repeatedly voted Acadiana's Favorite Cajun restaurant, the friendly and casual atmosphere is sure to delight. Big Al, the 14-foot stuffed gator is seated in the middle of the dining room guarding some of our over 400 culinary medals and awards. Open 7 days for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Large groups welcome! Prejean's Restaurant is "Simply Cajun, Simply Delicious"!
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We ordered little bit of everything appetizer plus shrimp in crawfish. All items were well cooked. However the service was average and the sounds of guests drowned out the good music. Regardless I would eat here again.

1  Thank S M
There are newer reviews for Prejean's

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We were hungry. We saw a roadside sign for Prejeans. We stopped. We were very happy. It might be touristy but it looked to me like there were lots of locals there for lunch on a Thursday. The server was busy but efficient and always stopped by our table to answer questions. She brought drink refills without being asked and before they were needed. I got the crab cake with a crawfish sauce which was great. My coworker got shrimp with red beans and rice and he was very happy. They bring rolls IF YOU ASK. I got a coconut pie to go. The best thing was the sauce on,my crab cake- memorable! We enjoyed the gift shop and the decor. We would have loved to eat outside of there had been an outside eating area. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We were traveling west on I-10 out of Baton Rouge headed home to Texas. I missed the exit where we have stopped at a Landry's in Beaux Bridge and not wanting to turn back, we looked for a new place to stop. As we approached Lafayette, we saw a billboard for Prejean's and my wife looked it up on the iPad. It was on the access road of I-49, only 2 exits (maybe 4 miles max. north of I-10), but well worth the small detour. My wife and I each had a glass of Simi Sauvignon Blanc (only $6.50/glass) and their "Crawfish Half N' Half Plate", ($19.50). It contained 1/2 crawfish etouffee' and 1/2 fried crawfish tails, served around a mold of white rice. It was superb and very filling. The rolls served with the meal were some of the best we have had in years! It was almost full on a Sunday around 12:45 PM. A great meal. We'll certainly stop here again when passing through Lafayette.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My girlfriend and I went on a week-long vacation through New Orleans and Acadiana, and this was hands down one of our favorites. Normally I pick restaurants that are very high on TripAdvisor and don't see the need to review them because they are already high up, but this restaurant should be well above 22 out 463. Simply put, it cannot be beat in Lafayette. The food was reasonably priced and exquisitely executed. The vegetarian option (the veggie-loaded fried eggplant) and my alligator tail with crab and shrimp stuffing were the most memorable dishes of our trip! The atmosphere of this place is perfect: lively, jovial, and relaxed. It is full of locals and the cajun music is a fun background. Everyone is incredibly friendly and the service was prompt. Overall, it would be a mistake for you not to go here while in Lafayette. 6 stars

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant far exceeded our expectations! The service was great and the food was outstanding! Cajun music played while we ate delicious food! A MUST visit while in Lafayette LA!!