“Food was nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Prejean's

Prejean's
Ranked #7 of 564 Restaurants in Lafayette
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Award-winning Cajun cuisine and live Cajun music nightly make Prejean's Restaurant a one-of-a-kind dining experience. Conveniently located on I49 North, just 2 miles north of I-10 in Lafayette, LA. Repeatedly voted Acadiana's Favorite Cajun restaurant, the friendly and casual atmosphere is sure to delight. Big Al, the 14-foot stuffed gator is seated in the middle of the dining room guarding some of our over 400 culinary medals and awards. Open 7 days for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Large groups welcome! Prejean's Restaurant is "Simply Cajun, Simply Delicious"!
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Food was nothing special”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I had hoped this would be a good stop for lunch. We ordered the crab cakes. I didn't expect a lot of crab meat at that price. But the cakes were lacking in flavor. Just a lot of breading and not very tasty. Our soup was better but still not great. We will look for another place to stop next time. Service was good.

• Visited November 2013

Austin, Texas
“Two Good Meals in 3 days”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I ate here twice in 3 days and both meals were good to very good. The first meal I had a Bowl of Seafood Gumbo (about $12) and it was good but I wasn't wow-ed by it either. It had a thin roux and to be honest, I could have used more shrimp & seafood. On my second visit, I ordered a blackened catfish sandwich that was spot on. The restauarant is very decorated (like a theme restaurant) but it passes the test for cars in the parking lot. I asked several local people and they seem to eat there too. All in all, worth a stop.

One offbeat observation: the bathrooms appeared recently renovated and were surprisingly upscale like a nice hotel.

• Visited October 2013
“Food was excellent”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here in the past. So when we hit town it's our first stop. We have never been disappointed. Service us not up to par but it was late afternoon.

Visited November 2013
Nashville, TN
“Get the crawfish enchilada!”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Awesome atmosphere and delicious food. This was my first cajun experience and so good. Seriously get the crawfish enchilada...I couldn't stop eating it. Sooooooo good!! The music was fun and this is just a great place to really experience Lafayette!

• Visited November 2013
Ruston, Louisiana
“Wrong Dish”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

They brought my wife the entirely wrong dish, when we said something they tried yo pass it off as the right dish. By the time it was all straightened out everyone else had eaten. Very bad service.