“Big Bang for your buck!!!!”
Review of Prejean's

Prejean's
Ranked #6 of 568 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Award-winning Cajun cuisine and live Cajun music nightly make Prejean's Restaurant a one-of-a-kind dining experience. Conveniently located on I49 North, just 2 miles north of I-10 in Lafayette, LA. Repeatedly voted Acadiana's Favorite Cajun restaurant, the friendly and casual atmosphere is sure to delight. Big Al, the 14-foot stuffed gator is seated in the middle of the dining room guarding some of our over 400 culinary medals and awards. Open 7 days for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Large groups welcome! Prejean's Restaurant is "Simply Cajun, Simply Delicious"!
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Service was prompt and friendly, food was good. Just ordered cup of bisque and a 2 Shrimp Appetizer. My date ordered an entree, neither of us could finish our food!

There are newer reviews for Prejean's

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We sat for a half an hour and were finally waited on. The couple at the table next to us was in the same boat. Finally a very small ice berg lettuce salad showed up, but no food. My husband went to find help and was told the waitress never turned in our order. It had been about an hour. We said we were leaving as did the couple next to us. We were told we had to pay for the salad! Never again.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

If you are traveling through south Louisiana and want to experience real Cajun food, Prejean's is the place to eat! A little pricey but worth it. Hey, how often can you say you ate great Cajun food in the presence of a 14' stuffed alligator? In fact, alligator is on the menu! Their lunch specials during the week are a bargain. Their weekend Zydeco entertainment will make you feel you are eating in a Cajun village out in the swampland of Louisiana. If you are concerned about spicy hot food, ask the waiter to navigate you through the menu to find the mild stuff. Great Food. Great atmosphere!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I live near Prejeans, and have been eating there on occasion for 20 years. I don't get the high ratings. The food is just ok to good, but as with other restaurants in the area, the portions keep getting smaller. In-fact, night before last I decided to go there, I ordered a grilled seafood platter, and what I got was 2 grilled shrimp, 1 stuffed crab, 1 stuffed shrimp, 1 frog leg (though the menu stated "frog legs"), a stuffed potato and a little pie bowl of corn. That's it! No salad or rice dressing, or roll... nothing else.

A month ago I had the Crab Extravaganza, and there was nothing extravagant about it. Once again, small portion.

So what is happening is in order to increase the bottom line, they skimp on the portions. I would rather pay more and get more.

I like cajun music, but I don't like it drowning out the conversation when I am eating. I should give the place 2-stars, but will give it three because it is basically "average".

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Recommended by locals during a business trip, this is exactly what I was looking for when I asked about a real Creole/Cajun restaurant. The atmosphere is great. It don't get any more southern than this. The restaurant decor is a must to enjoy. Walls, ceilings, post, everything is decorated. Food (hot, mind you) is excellent. Best gumbo in town, no questions asked. Try everything in the menu. Real southern live music. I went three times during my stay and would go again if ever visit Lafayette again. Don't forget to check yourself out on the web cam...