“Yummy”

Ranked #6 of 568 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Award-winning Cajun cuisine and live Cajun music nightly make Prejean's Restaurant a one-of-a-kind dining experience. Conveniently located on I49 North, just 2 miles north of I-10 in Lafayette, LA. Repeatedly voted Acadiana's Favorite Cajun restaurant, the friendly and casual atmosphere is sure to delight. Big Al, the 14-foot stuffed gator is seated in the middle of the dining room guarding some of our over 400 culinary medals and awards. Open 7 days for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Large groups welcome! Prejean's Restaurant is "Simply Cajun, Simply Delicious"!
Carlsbad, NM
“Yummy”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I don't "like" fish, most likely because no one in my home region knows how to fix it. I had the eggplant with some duck and andouille gumbo. The gumbo was to die for. Live music was a little too loud to be able to hold a conversation, but that was also part of the charm.

Overall, it was very good but a bit overpriced.

Hornbeck, LA
“Great Food with Lots of Variety”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Hubby and I went here while on our 22nd wedding anniversary to the Lafayette area. We had the "Tout Que' Chose (Lil' Bit of Everything)" and the "Prejean's Seafood Platter". Between both platters, they consists of: frog legs, crawfish tails, mushrooms, alligator, catfish, oyster, stuffed shrimp & stuffed crab, rice dressing, cajun fries, corn macque choux, & popcorn shrimp and crawfish Boudin balls served with Sherry wine and Creole sauces. If you're looking for a variety then this is the place to try. The meal was great, the atmosphere was pleasant, people were friendly, & the meals aren't too pricy. I highly recommend this place!

Jacksonville, Florida
“Lucky find”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were traveling to Houston for a family event and tried to stay in Lafayette, but because of the crayfish festival there were few rooms right off I-10. The place we tried recommended Prejean's to us and gave us some voucher's for a cup of gumbo. We found the spot, listened to some great Cajun/Zydeco music and had some wonderful food. The gumbo was to die for as was the fried shrimp, some of the best we've ever had. All in all it was great find. We ate, got back in the car and drove to Lake Charles with very full stomachs and very pleasant memories of a lucky find.

• Visited April 2013
Pearland, TX
“Very authentic and yummy!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This restaurant was so good, we went twice the same week! Great crawfish, catfish and bisque. The rolls are not to be missed.

• Visited May 2013
“Great food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

It has been a long time since I've eaten here so I was pleasantly surprised to find the food to be as delicious as it always was. The menu is full of great stuff. The duck and andouille gumbo is quite possibly the best I've ever eaten. My wife really liked her crawfish enchiladas(don't be afraid to try them.). Fresh pistolettes are served with every meal. Live music can be a little loud but that's what makes this place fun. The service could have been a little more attentive.