“Interesting Tip Calculation”

Ranked #6 of 567 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Award-winning Cajun cuisine and live Cajun music nightly make Prejean's Restaurant a one-of-a-kind dining experience. Conveniently located on I49 North, just 2 miles north of I-10 in Lafayette, LA. Repeatedly voted Acadiana's Favorite Cajun restaurant, the friendly and casual atmosphere is sure to delight. Big Al, the 14-foot stuffed gator is seated in the middle of the dining room guarding some of our over 400 culinary medals and awards. Open 7 days for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Large groups welcome! Prejean's Restaurant is "Simply Cajun, Simply Delicious"!
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Interesting Tip Calculation”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had a large group, so when we got our individual bills, the tip was already added in after the subtotal. Nothing wrong with that so far.
BUT....
Then underneath that was "suggested tip" of 15% and 18%.
Okay, here is our totals:
1 entree 19.95
1 wine 5.50
Subtotal 25.45
Tax 1.80
Subtotal 27.25
TIP 4.58
TOTAL 31.83

"Gratuity example: 15% $4.77
Gratuity example: 20% $6.37"
Looking at the example, it would appear that the tip they added to the bill was less
than 15%, so many people in our group added money to the tip to bring it up to 18%.
Only problem with that is that 15% of the bill is ACTUALLY $4.08. But this ticket tricks
you into thinking that the tip that was added was NOT 15%, when, in fact, it was 17%!!
The gratuity example for 20% should be $5.45, not 6.37. This is really dirty tactics to get people to throw in another 2 or 3 dollars, as many of the people I was with did. We realized this after the fact!!!! So if you go there, be aware of how they trick you into tipping more. When it was all said and done, a lot of people in our group figured their tip they left and it was in the range of 23 and 25 % percent!!!!!!!!!!!!! because of this math trick they use here!!!!!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank L G

Morse, Louisiana
“My Favorite”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I really like the food here! It is SPICY! I like SPICY!! I enjoy the atmosphere and the Cajun Music! I like the "Blackened Catfish"! Their breakfast is really good, especially the "sweet potatoe biscuits" and"seasoned grits"! Best I have ever eaten!!

Visited March 2013
Arkansas
“Never had a bad experience here”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I went here during an LA getaway with my wife. It's one of our favorite places in Lafayette, really in all of LA. Great cajun food, music, hospitality. My wife likes to stare at the cajun waiters when she thinks I'm not looking-LOL. We will always come here when passing through or staying anywhere near here. If you get the gator, get it fried.

• Visited January 2013
“Good food”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I'm local and eat here about every other week or so. The crawfish enchiladas and Cochin de lait pie are very good. One of my favorites is the duck and andouille gumbo. The food is good, the service is good, and its fairly representative of the local food. On the weekends, when the live music is going on - not my favorite. The music is good, but its much too loud. Overall, good place to eat.

Eden Prairie, Minnesota, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Cajun Cooking!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had dinner here while in Lafayette. Started off with a fried alligator appetizer and a delicious corn gumbo soup. The blackened catfish with crawfish étouffée was excellent. We also had the Tuna Rockefeller which was also a hit. Loved the live Cajun music!

• Visited March 2013