“BEST RESTAURANT WE HAVE EVER BEEN TOO”
Review of Prejean's

Prejean's
Ranked #7 of 566 Restaurants in Lafayette
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Award-winning Cajun cuisine and live Cajun music nightly make Prejean's Restaurant a one-of-a-kind dining experience. Conveniently located on I49 North, just 2 miles north of I-10 in Lafayette, LA. Repeatedly voted Acadiana's Favorite Cajun restaurant, the friendly and casual atmosphere is sure to delight. Big Al, the 14-foot stuffed gator is seated in the middle of the dining room guarding some of our over 400 culinary medals and awards. Open 7 days for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Large groups welcome! Prejean's Restaurant is "Simply Cajun, Simply Delicious"!
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
“BEST RESTAURANT WE HAVE EVER BEEN TOO”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We are from Louisiana and have still never found restaurant that compares to Prejean's. It's isn't a cheap fly by night restaurant so the reviews that say it's pricey is because it's the best of the best. If you want cheaper meals there is a McDonalds down the road in Carencro.

• Visited September 2012

Fairfax, Virginia
“very rude waitress”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

my wife and I stopped because a friend had told us what a great place this was. we came in and we seated, the waitress came over and asked if we had decided. my wife asked what etouffe was and she said gravy. nothing else. we gave our order and she just walked away, no thank you or anything else. she walked by and basically, threw the bread basket on our table and just walked away. we did not have any plates and I had to asked the busboy if he could get us some. she brought the meals. I had crawfish half and half. half were to be fried and half was to be with etouffee on top, with rice in the middle. there were plenty of fired crawfish, but only three on the etouffee side. but they tasted very good. she never asked it we wanted desert or if there were any specials. gave us the check and walked away. the service was rude and very very unfriendly. i would not go back.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank Bill J
Abbeville, LA
“It was ok. I just won't go out of my way again.”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

It wasn't bad at all. It was ok. I think I cook better at home. When I go out to eat I think it should taste better than what I can do. If I were with a group and they wanted to eat at this restaurant I would not protest, I just wouldn't suggest this restaurant.

2 Thank 123forme
Fort Worth, Texas
“Best cajun food around!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and two sons stopped at this restaurant on our way to Texas. Husband had eaten there many years ago and remembered the food was great. It was the best cajun food any of us had ever eaten! We ordered the aligator tails appetizer and it was delicious. One son ordered the seafood platter and proclaimed all of the food was "to die for!" Other son ordered stuffed shrimp and sweet potato waffle fries and said it was so good. Hubby ordered the sausage and chicken gumbo and said it was as great as he remembered from eating it years ago. I ordered the stuffed Tilapia and it was "t o die for!" Huge portions all around. Our waitress had too many tables, but still gave us good service. We would highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely eat there again when we are in the area.

• Visited February 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Outstanding Southern Food”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Ask anyone from North Louisiana, and one of the highlights of a trip to South Louisiana is a stop at Prejeans. Ask anyone from South Louisiana where they love to go, and they'll say Prejeans. The catfish is the BEST! The gumbo lives up to its reputation. Bottom line is I don't think there is a bad dish on the menu. And the people are NICE! What is not to love? Be sure to tell your friends before you go there so they can watch you live on the Prejean's website while you eat. They'll be drooling!

Visited March 2012