Lake Fausse Point State Park
$99
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 06/02
$64
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 28, 2008

My husband,13 yr. old daughter and I rented one of their wheelchair accessible cabins for 7 days. This is one of those places that you NEVER want to leave. Now mind you there aren't any tv's or radio's in the cabins and still my TEENAGER begs to go there for vacation this summer. If you are looking for family time with no interruptions this is the place. So beautiful and serene that it sold me on moving to Louisiana in the very near future.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mandles75
Reviewed April 15, 2008

We spent a week at Lake Fausse Pointe State Park; located a few miles NE of New Iberia, LA. The park is extremely well kept, lots of nature trails, level camper parking. The water-side sites each have it's own small pier on the edge the bayou. We had several small alligators keep us company as we tried to fish. Great fun watching them. One nature trail is a couple of miles long and runs through some swamp areas, and has a very long pier in one very seclude spot to watch the local birds. The only minus was the ever-present misquitos... luck we had lots of bug spray. No cell phone service in the park, but a short trip out if needed finds service after about 1 mile.

We ventured into New Iberia for one afternoon. Had the best lunch at Victor's Cafeteria downtown. An old establishment well known and a favorite haunt of author James Lee Burke. Then we headed to Avery Island to tour the tabbasco factory and jungle garden. It was ok, not exceptional, but since we were in the area.

Another afternoon spent in Breaux Bridge, approximately 30 miles N of the state park. Nice downtown area with antique shop / junk shops, excellent restaurant.

Final evening we had excellent cajun food at Pat's Restuarant in Henderson, La. This is also a well-known eatery.

4  Thank etgal
Henderson, LA
Reviewed May 1, 2006

Sweet!!! I just visited Lake Fausse Point for the first time. I now live about 20 miles away in Henderson, where I moved after Hurricane Katrina drove me away from New Orleans. I always said that I could not live anywhere else in Louisiana but New Orleans bc I always considered myself to be a city girl. But, my little lovely piece of heaven has changed my perspective and my world. I love visiting Lake Fausse point on the weekends. I couldn't believe how long my boyfriend waited to take me there!!!!!! I have a treasure in my backyard!!! It is so beautiful and so peaceful. And, there's no corporate America anywhere for miles and miles. It is absolutely incredible. This place is just good for the soul!!! I haven't rented a cabin yet, but we are reserving one for my boyfriend's birthday. I hear they're hard to get so make sure you book way ahead of time. Make sure you fill up with gas when you get off the interstate in henderson and bring some goods for the many barbq pits on site. oh, and did I mention the amazing little water park for the kids. my stepson loves it!!!!

• Stayed: May 2006
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 21, 2005

I visted Lake Fausse Point today. My brother selected it because it is midpoint between Houston Texas and Mobile, Alabama. I'm partial to Texas State Parks so I was a bit skeptical.

The park is about 50 south of Lafayette Lousiana. When we appoached the park there was a sign that read FULL. I told my brother that the park was either popular or very small as the weather was not all that great. Overcast and cool. Though there were plenty of boats. So ya know the fishing is good!

Well it was both small and popular (small compared to Texas State Parks. Didn't you know everything is big in Texas). Seriously, the park is absolutely wonderful. The cabins, the lake, the staff, you name it.

I can wait until Monday to book our reservations. Site 42 and 44 are great if you like to be close to the water. The sites have not one but two grills. They have animal-proof trash can at each site.

Belive me, I could go own and own about this place. You will not be dissappoint by visiting this place. Even with the trees being bare for winter, the place is breath-taking. I guess when I go in the Spring (which I will) I will not want to leave.

25  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
league city, texas
Reviewed August 20, 2004

My sister booked a cabin in Lake Fausse Point in March for spring break, we stayed for 4 days and had family coming and going according to thier schedules. I was very skeptical at first and wasn't sure the park would be pretty or even comfortable. Was I schocked!!! The cabins are like homes, the screened in porches and the decks wonderfully rustic and homey. The park was breath taking, the lake and bayous, the trees and yes, the gators!! Birds of all sorts, turtles, snakes and various wildlife kept us intrigued all the time. My 10 year old son and nephew, fishing dawn till dusk and even the teenagers loved walking the trails. We are planning another trip in March. I would like to see is a swimming area. Excellent boating opportunities. Come prepared with all your foods and beverages and ENJOY! The staff is wonderful and I loved the accent. Made me wish I had never left this unique state.

25  Thank A TripAdvisor Member