We ended a our 10 Day Roadtrip from Jax, FLA here in Lafayette, La where our Daughter, Jenny and here Fiancee, Jessie live. Jenny recommended we stay @ T'Freres B & B, as she lives close to here.
As soon as we pulled in the Driveway, we knew we were in the right place!! The house was built in 1888, and were welcomed by our Hosts, Pat & Maugie Pastor...at the Door!! We were greeted with afternoon T'Julips and Canapes (YUMMEEE). After a tour of the House and property, we were shown our room, which was the Garden Room, Upstairs with a King Bed, it's own separate Bath and Porch that sat above the Living Room. This Place is Great!!! Old Acadiana!! Just the way I imagined!! Southern Hospitality, French Luzianna Style. The Breakfasts were to die for!! 1st day, Hotcake, stuffed with a delightful cream cheese and 3 types of Fruit topping. This is definitely a Mom & Pop operation, but with the Kids helping out from time to time.
We had 3 wonderful days here and our Hosts really gave us much more than a place to stay. They gave us a Cajun History that they are trying their best to retain!! They are certainly passing it on to their Children, as I came "home" one afternoon to find their youngest, John, cookin' in the Kitchen, practicing his Accordian!! Way Cool!! Cuz "Les Americans" are just on the North Side of I-10, and one thing that makes America Great are our individual Traditions!!! and our Liberties to keep them!!!!
So, Folks, come on down to T'Freres and get some Acadienne Culture. As soon as you get past Morgan City, you'll start hearing the Music on the Radio!! J' Amour Acadianna!!
Tom & Linda Metz
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted Best of the Best in the South by AAA Southern Traveler Magazine 2011. The building itself was built by one of Acadiana's most famous settlers in 1880. It is a beautiful old Acadian home located right in the center of Lafayette, Louisiana. Here you will find true cajun hospitality and Free, Fresh Breakfasts every morning. Your stay includes Complimentary Cocktails and Appetizers upon check in, and complimentary breakfast, beverages and soft drinks during your entire stay. All rooms have private baths, cable television and wireless internet. We hope you visit us soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your T'Frere's Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- t`Frere`s Hotel Lafayette
- t`Frere`s Bed And Breakfast