“Christmas lights” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Acadian Village

Acadian Village
Ranked #4 of 48 things to do in Lafayette
More attraction details
Owner description: Step back in time to a small 19th-century Cajun bayou community, which includes genuine Cajun homes relocated and combined with recreated period buildings and a Native American museum.
Abbeville, Louisiana
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Christmas lights”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

For the past 4 years we have been coming here to see the lights. Definitely worth it! The kids love all the different scenes and there is a really old church where we had a local author reading a book for the children. There are rides for the kids to enjoy.

Visited December 2012

Abbeville, Louisiana, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Christmas Comes Alive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

It''s been a few years ago my wife and I visited Acadian Village, but we had gone to see the Christmas lights and ornaments on display. We were told they had rave reviews at the village. well they were right1 we seen lots of ornaments and lights all over the place. They even have old homes from years pass with old tools and furniture from the 19th century.I think you would enjoy visiting this place. It will bring you back in time.

Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A very interesting look into history”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

The Acadian village tells the story of when this area was inhabited by French people and is extremely well done. It is an easy site to visit but well worth it.

Visited October 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Acadian Village”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I am glad that I visited Acadian Village. There are several cabins/houses are authentic and you are able to go inside and self-tour. There are laminated notes on the wall in French and English, which I thought was a nice touch. There were plenty of "things" inside the homes to add to the museum that were nice to look at. In one home I learned a lot about Dudley LeBlanc and the Long family.

Now, I am a nature enthusiast and I was more tickled about the weather at 67 degrees in October, so many turtles and the quacking ducks. There is a nice little "river" along the walkway and a couple of bridges to cross. The church on the grounds was lovely, as well.

I was tickled that I was able to visit free of charge because we are a US Military. It was also a delight to hear everyone speaking French in the gift shop.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank L C
Picayune, Mississippi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Interesting displays, cabins and grounds.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Authentic old cabins and artifacts. I only had a short time to spare but was able to self tour much of the exhibits in thirty minutes.

Visited September 2013