“Price was higher than I expected, but quality of food was worth it!”
Review of Coyote Blues

Coyote Blues
Ranked #222 of 566 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Louisiana
“Price was higher than I expected, but quality of food was worth it!”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

When I think of a Mexican restaurant I usually thing of very inexpensive tacos, I am not talking taco bell prices, but 3 tacos would be less than $9.00. Our waiter was excellent and on the ball. We were served chips and salsa, a red and green salsa. He explain it was a green tomato salsa, and had a refreshing taste to it. He was right on the money with the description. I totally like the green salsa the best. We ordered guacamole as an appetizer. It comes with these light crispy chips that are awesome. Heck I would go back just for the chips that came with the guacamole! I split the crawfish and shrimp chimichanga with my husband. He was nervous about seafood being in his chimichanga, but he changed his mind after one bite. Father in law got the steak, he said it was cooked perfectly. Mother in law got the chicken fajitas. Her order came out wrong, she got 1/2 beef and 1/2 chicken, but in the end he took the fajitas off their bill, with made her very happy. Even though I was shocked the prices were high, the quality of the food reflects the prices and it was worth it to me. We didn't have to wait very long for a table, which I was surprised for a Friday night. The table and bathrooms were very clean. I keep thinking about those chips and wondering if there is a place near my home that would have them some where! The water did have a "chemical/bleachy" taste to it, I switched to sweet tea and thought it masked the water better. If you are picky about your water taste, don't get the tap water. And he didn't charge us for the sweet tea either ;) since I didn't like the taste of the water.

• Visited April 2012

San Antonio, Texas
“Just your average Mexican place to Eat!!”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Coyote Blues is just an average place to eat Mexican food.

Broussard, Louisiana
“BEST MEXICAN RESTAURANT IN ACADIANA”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I go every chance I get. The seafood chimichanga is my favorite, but everything on the menu is delicious. I have never tried anything that I didn't like.

Nixa, Missouri
“Delicious!”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I try to visit this place nearly every time I'm in town. The prices are a little on the high end, but the food is just SO good. Their smoked duck quesadilla with raspberry chipotle sauce is out of this world, and their shrimp ceviche is excellent. They also make a great bloody mary!

• Visited August 2011
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Good”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We enjoyed our meal at Coyote Blues. Portion sizes were large and food was good. It was different than the type of Mexican food we are used to but it was still good.

• Visited November 2011