“If you want the worst customer service I have ever experienced then this is the place to be!”

Overstone Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Overstone
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights. On the first morning of our stay we felt like we were in the way at breakfast despite being the only paying guests because they had a golf tournament on. On the second night we ordered 4 meals, the first came out in 20 minutes but then we waited and waited for the next 3 for over an hour ( 2 of which were for children). When I complained to the staff I was accused of squaring up to the member of staff when it was him that got into my personal space. I was then threatened to be kicked out of the hotel. It was only when I threatened back that I wouldn't leave without a full refund that their attitude and mannerism toward me changed and my issue was resolved. I was informed that our meals had been sent to the wrong table. Had they explained at the time of the mix up this wouldn't have escalated into the row that ensued. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. The rest of out stay was awful and we were made to feel very uncomfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Raymond H
Mark P, Manager at Overstone Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Raymond H
A thorough investigation was undertaken in response to your comments during your stay at Overstone Park Golf & Leisure Resort. It is recorded that you booked a further nights accommodation in our Ash suite midway through your stay suggesting you were more than satisfied with both the facilities and accommodation. You received further goodwill with another preferential room rate. Duty staff were also pleased to assist when you requested them to telephone for a taxi on your behalf during your stay.
It is a rule in any public establishment that customers are not allowed to use the leisure/swimming facilities wearing only personal underwear. We note that you were politely advised about this when you requested you use the facilities without the appropriate swimwear during your stay.
On the Saturday night of your stay, other guests were advised by duty staff of an approximate 30 minute wait on food orders as we were exceptionally busy in the bar and restaurant so not to spoil their enjoyable stay at Overstone Park. It is unfortunate that even after a sincere apology you felt uncomfortable over a minimal issue that was easily rectified, you became belligerent, threatening and rude to the discomfort not only of the duty staff, but also other guests commented on your loud unacceptable behaviour. After due consideration of the investigation, the Group Managing Director considers that your actions were deliberate and planned in order to gain a refund of £23.55 for your food. We note that you will not be staying with us again.

There are newer reviews for Overstone Park Hotel

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Myself and my partner recently stayed in the Oak Suite for a birthday surprise, we were blown away with the views and the look of the hotel, it is a really stunning location.
However.. we felt so let down with the room, there needs to be some serious sound proofing done, it really is not ideal hearing every single movement and being woken up early hours when the guests downstairs get back to their room after a night out!
The room was lacking a lot for a suite and to be honest I felt totally ripped off for the large amount that I paid for it!
Also, when I initially made the booking the receptionist informed me there was a wedding on the first evening we were there, which meant we couldn't eat in the restaurant, which was ok.. however she informed me that we could use the restaurant the second night, this unfortunately wasn't the case, there was another function on which we weren't told about so we couldn't eat in the restaurant for a second night running, which was a total let down.
We didn't feel like we were looked after particularly well which is a real shame, We wont be staying here again. And please do not stay here if you need a peaceful stay!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Booked the room last minute and was given a double with a view. The room are in chalet style building which overlooked the golf course .Room was clean bed comfy and powerful shower. Room looked tired and need soundsproofing as you could hear people walking above you and even the snoring. Internet is poor and unstable .Ate in the bar at the clubhouse and the food was good although had to wait 45minutes for it to makes its appearance

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank jetboot
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Stopped here for one night in April 2014, paid the extra for an executive room as we were told they were much larger than the standard room and you get a golf course view, the room was tiny and very poorly maintained with mould all over the bathroom, the carpet was worn out and the gap between the bed and the wardrobe was only six inches so you kept stubbing your toes, we did have a golf course view but was restricted with people standing out side our doors smoking.
The facilities are good but stop else ware these room are about a quarter of the standard of a travelodge at twice the price.

Room Tip: Don't stop else were.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sutton799
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Booked a one night stay, & for £65 it was ok. Check in was quick & easy. Accommodation was ok, double bed,tea/coffee, small tv & tiny wardrobe. Small b/room. Shower was very good thou.
We used the Spa & fitness facilities, was not overly impressed with them. Gym equipment was quite old & the sauna/steam rooms were small. The jacuzzi was tiny. The pool was ok. I think they had some new staff on duty, we ordered two meals & one was completely wrong. At breakfast i had to ask twice for a pot of tea because they forgot about me, their were only 8 people at breakfast then. Not bad for the price we paid, if i had paid more would have been disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night in March. I was heading off to the football whilst my partner used the facilities at the hotel.

Strange layout with the hotel akin to an American style Motel where the rooms are in a separate building. The rooms are small but well equipped, ideal for a short stay.

The restaurant is ok, reasonable price, food ok. Breakfast was a choice of full English or continental, all buffet style although eggs are prepared fresh to order. Down side was last orders at the bar called at 11pm, having got back from the match at Northampton at 10:15 didn't leave much time for a drink.

The view over the golf course is lovely too. We paid £65 for the room and breakfast for 2 which I thought was good value.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MartinC1977
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Set next to a golf course so the view at breakfast was lovely but I arrived in the dark and the signage could have been better. Checked in at reception to find the room was in a motel type block a short walk away along a sparsely lit lane. Room was adequate but opened onto a walkway via glass doors - as a woman traveling alone it was all a bit unnerving. On the plus side the staff fed me after the kitchen shut - at 8:00 - but next morning breakfast took 30 minutes to arrive. So mixed review and I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Liz E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Overstone
Westone Manor Hotel
Travelodge Northampton Round Spinney
Northampton Marriott Hotel
Northampton Marriott Hotel
#6 of 29 in Northampton

Been to Overstone Park Hotel? Share your experiences!