I booked a romantic weekend break using one of the voucher deal companies. B & B with dinner on first night. After booking I then read some of the reviews and was a little concerned. Well I can say we had a wonderful weekend. The hotel looked good, mixing old and new.
The staff were very helpful, doing their best to please and I can honestly say they could not done better. A special mention to our waitress "Hollie Longland" who we consider to be one on of the hotels biggest assets. Besides her profession friendly service and knowledge in the restaurant and menu. She was helpful with taking photos of my partner and myself. She gave us knowledge of things to do, she also did this for the other tables as well - we listen in.
The bedroom are in the modern extension. We had a standard room. The bedroom was very clean tidy. Bed very comfy, all facilities were available and working. Wifi is ok for emails and basic surfing slightly better in bar area. Decor a little tired in bathroom, the white bath enamel had been repaired with cream enamel. The only real complaint was the rooms are not sound proof to the corridor. There was a wedding on our second night and some of the guests were very noisy going back to their rooms including one poor soul who could not wake his partner but woke the rest of the floor. *Recommend when booking in keep bags and cases in car until you know where your room is as the car park is closer to most of the bedrooms than to reception, plus there is a lot of steps between reception and the bedrooms.
Dinner food excellent both in looks and taste. We had 2 courses and a glass of wine. We like wine so much we had a bottle of same on top. We both had the chef's special spicy chicken dish. Just right, my recommendation. Breakfast was good, good choice. Personally I thought the Sausages looked a little underdone both mornings. We had to wait while they brought out more fruit juice glasses, toast, bacon eggs beans as they kept running out.
Bar area very pleasant and drink prices were standard hotel / good restaurant rates, this was also the case for the bottle of wine when we had the meal.
We used the swimming pool and jacuzzi (very bubbly) both lovely and warm. Only 2 other people were using the facilities the whole time we used them so it was pretty much to ourselves. Sauna very hot. The gym was well kitted out, but did not use as it was a relaxing weekend.
The grounds were very nice to walk around. Early evening (and after dinner walk) you can see hundreds of rabbits bouncing around on the edges of the grounds. Imagine a number of wedding photo sessions take place. Our view from the bedroom was the fields and some very large trees that bordered the hotel grounds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sedgebrook Hall is located in the picturesque village of Chapel Brampton, in the heart of the beautiful Northampton countryside. Set in idyllic country gardens, Sedgebrook Hall seamlessly mixes Victorian heritage with modern comforts and is an ideal venue for weddings, corporate events and inspirational training along with breaks and weekends away in Northampton.Whether you are looking for a charming wedding venue, a picturesque hideaway, a state-of-the-art conference venue or simply a hotel from which to explore Northampton and relax and unwind at the end of the day; Sedgebrook Hall should be top of your list.We have 102 bedrooms set alongside the main house in a modern annexe, which also houses our conference and banqueting suites which are ideal for conferences for up to 200 and banqueting for 120.Just 20 minutes drive from the M1 and with a wide variety of local attractions including: Althorp House, Castle Ashby Gardens, Silverstone and fantastic onsite leisure activities, Sedgebrook Hall is the first choice for short breaks and weekend breaks in Northampton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Sedgebrook Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sedgebrook Hall Hotel Northampton
- Sedgebrook Hall Northampton