We came to Sedgebrook Hall, on recommendation from friends, to see in New Year 2014. The same friends ensured that we got to stay in the Holly Suite.
The Holly Suite is tastefully decorated and has beautiful furniture. The bath is extra deep and the shower is generously sized, though it does lack a shower tray.
We came for the entertainment and food and we were not disappointed. The 3 piece band kept the mood light whilst we ate and then a fourth member arrived later to sing and entertain. It was this last member that really made the night exceptional. He has his own unique way of getting people on the dance floor whilst adjusting the lighting and filling in time while the "musical director" found his music.
He also dealt with the loss of power exceptionally well and it was testimony to him and his band that we kept partying on until normal service was restored.
I only wish I could remember his name and apologise for leaving this detail out.
The food was excellent. The combination of flavours was outstanding whilst the pace between courses was timed to perfection. Every culinary requirement within our party was met throughout the afternoon tea as well as the 4 course evening meal.
I could not fault the staff at any time. They were all delightful and there was even a member of staff working with a prolapsed disc!
All in all the team, the environment, the entertainment and accommodation surpassed our expectations and we would definitely recommend a party night at Sedgebrook Hall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sedgebrook Hall is located in the picturesque village of Chapel Brampton, in the heart of the beautiful Northampton countryside. Set in idyllic country gardens, Sedgebrook Hall seamlessly mixes Victorian heritage with modern comforts and is an ideal venue for weddings, corporate events and inspirational training along with breaks and weekends away in Northampton.Whether you are looking for a charming wedding venue, a picturesque hideaway, a state-of-the-art conference venue or simply a hotel from which to explore Northampton and relax and unwind at the end of the day; Sedgebrook Hall should be top of your list.We have 102 bedrooms set alongside the main house in a modern annexe, which also houses our conference and banqueting suites which are ideal for conferences for up to 200 and banqueting for 120.Just 20 minutes drive from the M1 and with a wide variety of local attractions including: Althorp House, Castle Ashby Gardens, Silverstone and fantastic onsite leisure activities, Sedgebrook Hall is the first choice for short breaks and weekend breaks in Northampton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Sedgebrook Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sedgebrook Hall Hotel Northampton
- Sedgebrook Hall Northampton