“Lovely on the outside”
Review of Sedgebrook Hall

Sedgebrook Hall
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chapel Brampton
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Recently spent Easter weekend here as a romantic break. Lovely location set in the countryside but not to far (10-15mins drive) from Northampton City Centre and Althrop House and other attractions.

Overall it was a pleasant stay. However, most of our time was spent visiting attractions. I don't think I could have stayed and enjoyed a weekend in the hotel itself.

The only drawback was the night. I agree with others that customers from booking.com suffer. We were placed in a room furthest away from the main hotel and were constantly disturbed throughout the night and early morning from the slamming of room and fire doors.

It was made worse as each night there was a wedding and all of the guests seemed to have been placed along our corridor which made the noise level impossible to get to sleep and stay asleep. Not what you'd expect from a 4* hotel at all.

A real shame considering we were quite happy with the grounds and would have enjoyed receiving a good nights sleep seeing as that was what we paid for.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LeeshSmalls
Michael P, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for choosing Sedgebrook Hall and taking the time to review your stay on Tripadvisor.
Feedback is important to us and all points will be reviewed with the relevant department heads in order to reinforce our service quality. We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Sedgebrook Hall

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is never a 4 star hotel. Bathrooms terrible, no power shower. Room ok and we had a superior double. No 24hr room service even though they advertise they do. Not prepared at breakfast, had to wait ages, had to go and find my own glass from another part of the hotel for my orange juice and never offered tea or coffee. For £75 a night not good value, worth spending £25 more and going to a true 4 star hotel. Shame really because it has the potential to be very good. Couple from Chester stayed 30/3/2013.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank global86

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. It is set in rural surroundings and has the kind of grounds you really want to explore. The hotel is a mixture of the old and new. It is well maintained and provides comfort throughout. The rooms and the spa area are very clean and well thought out. I slept really well in my comfortable bed.

Had afternoon tea with my family in a bright and charming private room. A nice array of sandwiches and cakes were laid on, music was provided and the waitress was attentive.

The service was good at all meals taken. I was given a free "birthday drink" with my evening meal and it is the kind of place you can soon feel at home in.

My son was also very happy with the games provided in the bar area and he enjoyed the pool and jaccuzi.
Overall, we think this hotel provides excellent value for money and we will definitely return.
Thank you very much to all the staff and management.

Room Tip: need to check with hotel that your requirements for bedsfor the family match what you think you hav...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anne A
Michael P, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

We are please that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

They say that good customer service is really about how you fix something when it goes wrong ...not that the staff at Sedgebrook had, but they fixed a room layout with no fuss or bother and in double quick time. One member of staff even went out shopping to find a pack of cards for me ...what more can I say?

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank LuxTraveller123
Michael P, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for choosing Sedgebrook Hall and taking the time to review your stay on Trpadvisor.
Many thanks for your time and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have stayed here about 3 times on business. Everything thing seems fine and functional. The rooms are fine, albeit mostly in the large accommodation block to the side. There can be quite a walk from the rooms to the bar/restaurant. Nothing stands out as poor to report, but equally nothing really to report that stand out as really good. We have typically popped down the road to a local bistro for eve meals for a bit more atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pangolynx
RayMckibben, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for your review on your stay, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I had been looking forward to staying here as I had heard from a number of people how lovely it was. Quite frankly I was very disappointed. The room was average and had seen better days. The bed was soft and lumpy. Breakfast was good with efficient service but overall for the money I would have expected a lot more. No better than a travelodge really.
It feels too far conference like for my taste.
There are better more reasonable places close by, high gate house being one of my favourite. You at least feel less like you are a conference delegate

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay. I am sorry that you were disappointed, however we hope to commence work on our bedrooms shortly. Thank you for your positive comments regarding breakfast and service.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed here for the weekend with my boyfriend wanting to do a mini break getaway and was very happy with the hotel and the beautiful location. The staff were very nice and I liked the room but I had a bad experience with one of the waitressing staff.
I came down to breakfast by myself as my boyfriend was still sleeping and although I was about five minutes late for breakfast the chef kindly said that he would make me a plate of sausage and eggs as there were still some left. I didn't catch my waitresses name but she made me feel very uncomfortable. First she made it very clear that she thought it wasn't right I was given a hot meal despite the fact I was late and seemed to spend the duration of my meal hovering around me, or quite openly just watching me eat . For the rest of the day whenever I went near the bar or restaurant she would shoot me disdainful looks and towards the end of the evening was quite openly talking about me to the other members of staff.
I did not like the way she treated me since my boyfriend and I spent a lot of time and money planning our weekend and she made me feel as though I was not welcome anywhere she was. I think that some of the staff need to be retrained to be a bit friendlier and leave their personal problems at home before they come to work as she very nearly ruined the weekend with her sour attitude. Luckily on the sunday she wasn't there and the waiter who served me was very nice and`we were able to enjoy our morning before checking out.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phoebe T

Thank you for your feedback following your visit, and please accept my apologies for your experience with breakfast. Please be assured I am investigating this matter thoroughly, and will ensure that actions are taken to ensure our customer service is restored to the highest level.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chapel Brampton
#1 of 29 in Northampton
Hilton Northampton
Hilton Northampton
#7 of 29 in Northampton

Been to Sedgebrook Hall? Share your experiences!