“Fine and functional hotel”
Review of Sedgebrook Hall

Sedgebrook Hall
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chapel Brampton
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have stayed here about 3 times on business. Everything thing seems fine and functional. The rooms are fine, albeit mostly in the large accommodation block to the side. There can be quite a walk from the rooms to the bar/restaurant. Nothing stands out as poor to report, but equally nothing really to report that stand out as really good. We have typically popped down the road to a local bistro for eve meals for a bit more atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pangolynx
RayMckibben, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for your review on your stay, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I had been looking forward to staying here as I had heard from a number of people how lovely it was. Quite frankly I was very disappointed. The room was average and had seen better days. The bed was soft and lumpy. Breakfast was good with efficient service but overall for the money I would have expected a lot more. No better than a travelodge really.
It feels too far conference like for my taste.
There are better more reasonable places close by, high gate house being one of my favourite. You at least feel less like you are a conference delegate

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay. I am sorry that you were disappointed, however we hope to commence work on our bedrooms shortly. Thank you for your positive comments regarding breakfast and service.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed here for the weekend with my boyfriend wanting to do a mini break getaway and was very happy with the hotel and the beautiful location. The staff were very nice and I liked the room but I had a bad experience with one of the waitressing staff.
I came down to breakfast by myself as my boyfriend was still sleeping and although I was about five minutes late for breakfast the chef kindly said that he would make me a plate of sausage and eggs as there were still some left. I didn't catch my waitresses name but she made me feel very uncomfortable. First she made it very clear that she thought it wasn't right I was given a hot meal despite the fact I was late and seemed to spend the duration of my meal hovering around me, or quite openly just watching me eat . For the rest of the day whenever I went near the bar or restaurant she would shoot me disdainful looks and towards the end of the evening was quite openly talking about me to the other members of staff.
I did not like the way she treated me since my boyfriend and I spent a lot of time and money planning our weekend and she made me feel as though I was not welcome anywhere she was. I think that some of the staff need to be retrained to be a bit friendlier and leave their personal problems at home before they come to work as she very nearly ruined the weekend with her sour attitude. Luckily on the sunday she wasn't there and the waiter who served me was very nice and`we were able to enjoy our morning before checking out.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phoebe T

Thank you for your feedback following your visit, and please accept my apologies for your experience with breakfast. Please be assured I am investigating this matter thoroughly, and will ensure that actions are taken to ensure our customer service is restored to the highest level.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was a nice looking place from the outside, we sadly had to haev twin rooms, the rooms were nice enough, clean and everything you needed.
1 huge issue was the lack of warmth in the showers 2 days of cold showers when we had all that snow not ideal!!! And the lack of signs to places like the bar pool etc none exsitant! it was a huge maze.
The food here ws brill breaky had lots of choice and the dinners which we had in the day couldn't be faulted!
Overla a nice place for a work venue, the rooms we had for training were just wanted we needed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jay B

Thank you for your feedback following your visit to Sedgebrook Hall. I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of reviewing all our signs for the convenience of guests and these should be in place shortly. Please also accept my apologies for the lack of hot water for the showers.
Thank you for your positive comments regarding the food and training facilities, and I hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed here as part of a business meeting. Overall pretty good, nothing outstanding about the venue though equally no problems either. Staff were attentive, breakfast was nice and the room was clean. Importantly for a business meet the wifi worked and there's a phone signal! More of a conference venue than a hotel though does the job well.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NewburyMike
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times on business trips. The rooms are spacious and facilities in the rooms are average. I thought the evening meal disappointing with not a lot of choice and my colleague who is a vegetarian had almost no choice. Service was slow. Having said that the tea/coffee and biscuits between meals was excellent.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed here for one night last january,2012,and found the rooms,the food and the staff all excellent.We were lucky to get a very good deal dinner and breakfast for two,which was a buffet,as well as our room for 39pounds which was amazingly cheap.The hall is situated in northamptonshire countryside near to princess dianas resting place althorp,and is so peaceful.A highly enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
#8 of 27 in Northampton
Hopping Hare
Hopping Hare
#3 of 27 in Northampton

Been to Sedgebrook Hall? Share your experiences!