Having been here for a conference previously, I know what to expect in some ways but it can be so different when using it for a weekend get away. I have to say that this hotel was everything I had expereinced and more for the weekend break.
Our chekin was really efficient and the room was spotless and very confortable. The room was furnished relatively modern which added to the comfort and cleanliness for me. Breakfast was very good but lacked in choice for me. It had all the items that you woudl need cooked but I really enjoy the continental meats and cheeses as well as rolls for my breakfast which was a bit of a miss but the quality of the food was really good and tasted great. I often find that hotels are much better at evening meals and skimp of quality at breakfast but this hotel did not. The evening meal was lovely. Little choice but the quality and the amount of food was both enjoyable and more than adequate. I am fussy but the choice catered for my fussy palate and I very much enjoyed the meal. Wine is around the usual proce for a hotel.
The little dissapointment we did have was the pool was out of action when we wanted to use it. The heating pump had malfunctioned so we were unabl to use this facility but undertstandably things do break down at times and I was just glad it was not my car that had broken down!!!
The grounds are lovely and good for a stroll on light evenings and warm days. Theer also looks to be a pitch and put there too.
Overall, a very nice weekend, pity about X Factor in the bar but that is again personal taste! We were here to be close to an event downthe road and a getaway break and it confortably suited our needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sedgebrook Hall is located in the picturesque village of Chapel Brampton, in the heart of the beautiful Northampton countryside. Set in idyllic country gardens, Sedgebrook Hall seamlessly mixes Victorian heritage with modern comforts and is an ideal venue for weddings, corporate events and inspirational training along with breaks and weekends away in Northampton.Whether you are looking for a charming wedding venue, a picturesque hideaway, a state-of-the-art conference venue or simply a hotel from which to explore Northampton and relax and unwind at the end of the day; Sedgebrook Hall should be top of your list.We have 102 bedrooms set alongside the main house in a modern annexe, which also houses our conference and banqueting suites which are ideal for conferences for up to 200 and banqueting for 120.Just 20 minutes drive from the M1 and with a wide variety of local attractions including: Althorp House, Castle Ashby Gardens, Silverstone and fantastic onsite leisure activities, Sedgebrook Hall is the first choice for short breaks and weekend breaks in Northampton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Sedgebrook Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sedgebrook Hall Hotel Northampton
- Sedgebrook Hall Northampton