“As good for a relaxing weekend as it is for a conference”
Review of Sedgebrook Hall

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chapel Brampton
Lincolnshire
“As good for a relaxing weekend as it is for a conference”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Having been here for a conference previously, I know what to expect in some ways but it can be so different when using it for a weekend get away. I have to say that this hotel was everything I had expereinced and more for the weekend break.

Our chekin was really efficient and the room was spotless and very confortable. The room was furnished relatively modern which added to the comfort and cleanliness for me. Breakfast was very good but lacked in choice for me. It had all the items that you woudl need cooked but I really enjoy the continental meats and cheeses as well as rolls for my breakfast which was a bit of a miss but the quality of the food was really good and tasted great. I often find that hotels are much better at evening meals and skimp of quality at breakfast but this hotel did not. The evening meal was lovely. Little choice but the quality and the amount of food was both enjoyable and more than adequate. I am fussy but the choice catered for my fussy palate and I very much enjoyed the meal. Wine is around the usual proce for a hotel.

The little dissapointment we did have was the pool was out of action when we wanted to use it. The heating pump had malfunctioned so we were unabl to use this facility but undertstandably things do break down at times and I was just glad it was not my car that had broken down!!!

The grounds are lovely and good for a stroll on light evenings and warm days. Theer also looks to be a pitch and put there too.

Overall, a very nice weekend, pity about X Factor in the bar but that is again personal taste! We were here to be close to an event downthe road and a getaway break and it confortably suited our needs.

Room Tip: Shop around for bargains to save a bit of money. Last minute type weebsites will be helpful for thi...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Highly recommend this hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and the buffet breakfast was excellent.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bluey002
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My partner and I stayed here as guests at a wedding. The main part of the hotel is housed in the original building and is very nice, the larger proportion of the hotel is based in new build, both attached and separate. The rooms are very tidy and well proportioned for a conference hotel. Breakfast was a very competent affair - a large selection of buffet items, fast service despite the hotel been full.

Check-out let the hotel down; with only one member of staff dealing with everyone leaving.

The hotel is set in lovely grounds and has nice outdoor drinking/dining areas.

The hotel is clearly marketed at a conference/corporate level, but it nevertheless provides a good value for money base when in this part of the country.

Room Tip: Apart from the few rooms within the old house, the rest are identical.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
RayMckibben, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Dear Christopher

Thank you for taking the team to fill out a response on tripadvisor
Great to hear you had a good stay and that you enjoyed your time with us.

Thanks for your comment on reception, we have employeed another
two receptionist and they are now in training. They will be fully opertaional
in two weeks.

Have a nice day and hope to see you again

Kind Regards

ripley
Reviewed November 13, 2011

we booked a two night stay at this hotel with just a little apprehension as there were some poor reviews, however we should not have worried as it all turned out rather nice. the hotel is in a lovely rural location, the staff were all nice and helpful, the room clean as were all the public areas, great little pool and sauna, we didn't use the gym so can't comment, breakfast was very nice and to be honest for the price we paid this hotel exceeded expectations. we didn't have an evening meal so again no comment, we would certainly stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
RayMckibben, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Dear qcasser

Thanks very much for your review, it does make a difference to the team.
Great comments help support all the hard work that takes place here every day.

We will be delighted to welcome you back as son as possiable

Thanks

Long Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights on my wife's recommendation (she had previously been for a conference) and I have to say that overall, Sedgebrook Hall didn't disappoint. The evening meals, although slightly limited in choice, were of excellent quality and sensibly priced. The room was a comfortable size, not huge but certainly not cramped. The only criticisms were that the pool and jacuzzi were shut off during our stay (for a boiler problem, we were told, so this can be excused) and that the breakfast selection was slightly limited: no mushrooms, black pudding, or continental cold meats / cheese. The location is excellent: a beautiful part of the Northamptonshire countryside with easy access to the major road network; also, it is very central, within 2 hours of most major English cities, which makes it well situated for business use. All areas of the hotel were clean and tidy. The bar is no more expensive than any comparable venue and the staff were friendly and helpful throughout.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrPinkShirt
RayMckibben, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Dear Mr Pink Shirt

Thanks for your very positive feedback and it will mean a lot to the team.

I am so glad you had a good time and thanks again for telling us about your stay.

Kind regards and hopeful see you again.

Ray McKibben
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 1 evening in October, I had not chosen it as it was a business trip and had been booked by my company. The frontage looked impressive and the reception was lovely, as were all the staff who served me. Unfortunately for me that was where the good points ended. The inside of the hotel is quite modern which doesn't really go with the initial first impression of a lovely old hall and therefore I felt disappointed from the outset. My room which as all rooms are in an ajoining block was only slightly better than a basic room that you would get in one of these bucket shop priced cheap stop overs. There were some unsightly stains on the bedspread and on the cushions on the bed which should have been removed by the chamber maids as this did not encourage me to want to lie on the bed. the bathroom was depressing, very clinical with none of the ususal touches that you would expect in a hotel. I mentioned the bedspread at reception when I left the hotel. The evening meal was very average in quality and flavour, the main course being a piece of pork loin with apple gravy, chips and some beans and courgettes £15! I was even more outraged when I ordered a large glass of chilean sauvignon blanc and was charged £7.45, I haven't paid that in one of the leading hotels of the world and was shocked at the prices of the drinks. Its even more of an insult when you get to check out and find you are obliged to pay a suppliment for paying with a credit card!! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, it would cost a fortune if you were there for a wedding reception and didn't have any cash and had to settle your account with a credit card. Not a good experience. Sorry, I felt ripped off.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank elsieclarke_11
RayMckibben, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Dear Mr Tango

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent visit. It is always nice to hear when our guests have enjoyed their stay

Thanks for complimenting the staff, building and grounds.

I am sorry to read that you did not like our rooms; we don’t class the venue as a four star property. We are a good three star standard and we set our price according to fit within our market place. The building as it is now was designed as a conference centre and the rooms are all the same size. We have lots of pictures on our web showing all our bedroom types.

Thanks very much for your very constructive feedback and I hope that we will have the pleasure of seeing you at Sedgebrook Hall again.

Kind Regards

Travelers are raving about these Chapel Brampton hotels

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Unfortunately I was a little disappointed with this hotel. It's part of the Principal-Hayley group, so I expected a high standard. The website makes this hotel look very grand and when you enter the grounds and see the main house you are pleased. However, the manor house only holds the reception, the guest rooms are in another building which more closely resembles university halls of residence.

I stayed here for 2 days with my family. We reserved 5 rooms, 3 on the bottom foor, 2 on the top. If you are staying, request the top floor. These have been renovated, rooms on the bottom floor are dark and in much need of a revamp. Walls are pretty thin, so expect to hear plenty from your neighbours. Irons are also not provided on bottom floor rooms.

On a more positive note, the buffet breakfast was excellent and the service at the front desk helpful and efficient. The hotel is just a short walk away from the charming little village of Chapel Brampton where you can get some comfort food in the Spencer Arms. There wasn't really any major problem with this hotel, it just was less than expected.

Room Tip: Request the top floor facing reception for renovated rooms with good light.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank kpnutsni
Dear Kpnutsni

Thank you for your review. We have updated our website with new pictures which I hope reflect the character of the property and show the bedrooms in our guest accommodation area, unfortunately we do not have any rooms within the Old House.

We hope to have refurbished our bedrooms on the ground floor shortly, to bring all our rooms to the good three star standard.

I hope that you will visit us again if you are in the area.

Thanks

#1 of 29 in Northampton
Hilton Northampton
Hilton Northampton
#8 of 29 in Northampton

Been to Sedgebrook Hall? Share your experiences!