Tripadvisor

The Windhover
Reserve a Table
Bookatable
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Windhover in Chapel Brampton is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar. Open in Chapel Brampton, stunning rural location. If you fancy a quick bite to eat whilst on your walk through to Northampton, we serve a great lunch time menu. If you want that special occasion, then book with us and we'll help you do that in style. Open 7 days a week, serving meals until 10pm Monday to Saturday and a home cooked roast every Sunday 12pm until 9:30pm.
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

This place is a little gem! We never have a bad meal here and the service is always brilliant, prompt and accurate!
On this occasion we had the pizzas which are made on site to your liking, I had the meat feast and my partner had the Cajun chicken, all we can say is yum! These are some of the best pizzas we’ve tasted!
Definitely recommend them!!

Date of visit: January 2020
GeneralManagerAA, Owner at The Windhover, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi JennyWren, I am so sorry to hear of this, the salad is one of my favorite dishes and on this occasion by the sounds of it, it was not served correctly and this is something I will take up with my chefs directly.
Please accept my apologies and hope that you do decide in the future to come back again and give us another go.

Write a reviewReviews (890)

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Booked a table for 4. It was my brother in laws 50th birthday so I phoned in advance to ask if they could do a little something, no was the reply, fair enough, Ordered the meals and drinks. One meal came with mash instead of chips, tonic came full of ice when no ice was requested, broccoli was black inside and was replaced without a word. Staff were friendly but poorly run. Will not return in a hurry, Spencer Arms less than 1/2 a mile away.

1  Thank NorthamptonWoody
Reviewed January 11, 2020

Let me start by saying that some of the food was presented well, the lamb koftas and lasagne were good, the king prawn cocktail was lacklustre at best, the salad was nothing more than wilted green leaves with no imagination of presentation with nothing more than a dollop of sauce dumped on the top of the greenage, it’s also a shame the bread didn’t come with a small nob of butter and the presentation could have been done by a 5 year old. A shame as a prawn cocktail of any variant is my best starter.
The lasagne was and tasted ok as a main.
The duo of lamb left a lot to be desired, the lamb rump had more fat than Bella Emberg had, the vegetables were cold, over cooked and tasteless. The shepherds pie had a smidgen of meat in it and was burnt around the edges and all served on a cold plate, who would serve a meal on a cold plate I ask you ??
However the venue is lovely, the fire burnt well and the place idyllic. The food, well, put it like this I will visit the local MCD afterwards as I’m still hungry...
Anyway enough said, I’m sure just a glitch as they were not super busy, just right, perhaps the chef had an off day, who knows .....
But the company I was with was great.

1  Thank Bjv66
Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

Today I visited for the first time in a long time. I had the garlic bread to start, this was very tasty and huge! Then for main I had Hunters chicken. This was delicious! I would highly recommend. The staff were friendly and the decor was to a high quality. Thank you for a lovely lunch!

Reviewed January 7, 2020

Food was lovely - well presented and served HOT. Hunters chicken was lovely & the dirty burger was (apparently) delicious. Staff were friendly. Clean environment. Only small criticism - slow service - but you could think positively, and know the food was cooked to order ! Would recommend and return. Well done team

1  Thank Ladythatdines