“One of the best restaurants ever”

La Provence Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Provence Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Lacombe
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I truly enjoyed every part of my meal from the complimentary chicken pate to the strawberry pound cake. Every is fresh off the land. The staff are friendly and helpful. I can not say enough how I enjoyed my dining experience. I recommend getting the oh la la oysters and any of the fish dishes l. You will not be disappointed. Thank you John Besh!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Skip "Open Table" and call La Provence directly. Open Table kept saying there were no reservations available but there were and I'm thrilled we persisted. La Provence is located in an unlikely area about an hour from the French Quarter but it is well worth the drive. Unpretentious on the outside, the inside brims with country French warmth. We started with an Aldenwood Russian River Chardonnay which pared well with the house "pate" that is automatically served with thin slices of lightly toasted baguette. The fried oyster salad on a small bed of fresh spinach was perfect as was the deconstructed and reinvented nicoise salad with seared tuna. My shrimp and grits was the best ever (and it's my go to test dish I a new restaurant!) and my husband's Puppy Drum with crabmeat and brown butter mayo was cooked perfectly: crispy, moist, and full of flavor. For the special occasion, we couldn't resist dessert: Almond Torte and the Pots de Crème Trio (hazelnut, ginger, and vanilla). After brunch, our terrific server, Brandy, treated us to a tour of the farmyard behind the restaurant with it's herb garden, chickens, and some really impressive pork on the hoof! In a family of restaurants that is relentlessly superb, this one shines! Thank you!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had a wonderful Sunday Birthday Brunch at La Provence, from the beautifully done fried oyster salads to the excellent main course dishes of petite beef filet with fried eggs & hollandaise sauce and the very delicious pan fried drum. The desserts were fantastic, worth a trip from New Orleans for locals and visitors alike. Our compliments to Chef John Besh and his La Provence staff.

1  Thank Ben1013
Reviewed August 25, 2013

service was good, setting is nice, but food is just not there any more. the portions are ridiculously small. i had the pork and 90% of it was fat and inedible... and it was an entree and was an appetizer size. i had the ravioli for an appetizer i got four, yes four, quarter sized raviolis. for that i had the pleasure of being charged $10. great setting and service was very nice, but the food is small, not good and too expensive. we had to eat somewhere else on the way home just to get reasonably full. i wish chris were still around and ran it - he would not have stood for this.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Since air travel is such an awful pain it is indeed a treat to be transported, via a restaurant, to one of the world's favorite cuisines with all the charm and no TSA. La Provence is such a place. Bought by Chef Besh to save this wonderful restaurant from extinction when it's original chef/owner passed away, at a very ripe age, I might say, it has reclaimed it's former glory with panache and flair. Most of the menu is seasonal with a fine wine and cocktails list. The bar is a quaint oasis tucked in a corner of the building with a baby grand to entertain. All menu selections are expertly prepared and presented. Just point at anything on the menu and you'll be happy. For dessert any filled version of their crepes is heaven on earth. Just don't get on the scales for a few days. Service is polished and friendly...Miss Joyce, the proprietor's mistress of ceremonies, will see to that.