“Never again”

Best Western Inn At Coushatta
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Kinder
Reviewed March 2, 2010

I had to pay a lot more to get a "non-smoking" room, because they were out of the regular sized NS rooms. They put me in a conference type room which was nice. However, it had an ash tray & stunk like smoke.

I'm allergic to smoke. I complained later to the company & they referred my complaint back to the inn, which offered me a 10% discount to be used next time.

They robbed me once, but never again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Inn At Coushatta, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and tell us about your stay. It is always our mission to ensure every guest has a positive, memorable experience and I am sorry to hear we fell short in this instance. Please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations.

Reviewed January 12, 2010

Nothing stands out about this hotel, after all its Kinder. It has whats most important to me. Cleaniness and its close to the Casino

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 11, 2010

Clean rooms and courteous staff. Right next door to the casino so you could walk there, but why should you when there is a small bus every 15 minutes, 24/7.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo

Thank you for choosing to stay as our guest and for taking the time to write such a nice review. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 19, 2009

My husband and I arrived a bit early and were allowed to go ahead and check in. Since we had little sleep the night before, we were ready to climb into bed for an hour or 2 of napping. First, the king size bed was covered with five or six soft, cozy pillows! Yeah! Upon laying down in the bed we were both pleasantly surprised at how perfectly soft the bed was! Not your regular hard hotel bed! We both woke up refreshed and ready to hit the casino!

I have no complaints about this Hotel, except for the fact that on a Sunday night visit it could have been a tad bit cheaper. Otherwise, it was very clean, the check-in/out was fast and efficient, lots of coffee available in the room! Will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LisaDeeBee

Thank you for letting us know that we exceeded your expectations! We appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed December 30, 2008

This is a wonderful place to stay if you want to be close to the Coushatta casino. The hotel is on the Coushatta property and the shuttle buses run promptly every 10-15 minutes. Check in was a breeze. The room was large and very clean and comfortable. The A/C / Heat worked well. The bathroom was also very clean and very large. Lots of counter space for your toiletries, etc. Their web-site says that they offer a complimentary continental breakfast. Well, I was pleased to find that it is more than that. They offered biscuits and gravy that were simply delicious and scrambled eggs, sausage, muffins, bagels, and lots of other items too. We got to the buffet late and expected to have left overs, but they were still filling the food trays with fresh food even right before they closed. This is the place I will stay at in the future when I go to gamble at the Coushatta.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Chloemaddie

Thank you so much for sharing your excellent experience at the Best Western Inn At Coushatta with the rest of the world! We are grateful to have had you as our guest and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2008

We arrived at the hotel for our "casino weekend" to find a beautiful but very dead bird in our room. He had made quite a mess during his stay! We alerted the front desk and Joe immediately came to the room to inspect. We were headed directly to the casino and he assured us he would have the room cleaned to the max upon our return. He certainly did! No sign that a lost bird had ever been there. This was during the big Cmas give-away at the casino, the hotel was full or they would have switched us to another room. Things happen and this was certainly one of the first for the hotel. They were very apologetic, gracious and attentive to us and comped our room for the trouble. I would not hesitate to stay with them again and definitely will in the future. THANKS JOE!

Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank Shari60

We are delighted to see you had a pleasant visit to the Best Western Inn At Coushatta. Thank you for your mention of our good service and friendly staff. Come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2008

I spent a weekend in Kinder, LA for a wedding and we stayed at the Best Western Inn at Coushatta. Overall, the experience was entirely satisfactory: clean room, good front desk help, a pretty decent free breakfast. But after the weekend I had some questions about charges to my card. When I called to ask about them, the woman who answered the phone was curt from the beginning, began yelling at me when I tried to ask questions, and eventually hung up on me and wouldn't pick up when I tried calling back. TERRIBLE customer service. I called national customer service and the man who helped me there was great. He easily answered the few questions that I had and was very helpful and polite. Still, I would never use this particular Best Western again--the woman there left such a bad impression on me.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank peekay03

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your most recent stay with us. I was disappointed to hear your experience with us was less than satisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the experience you had regardingyour interaction with the front desk staff. Rest assured your comments will be shared with the team in an effort to prevent any further occurrences of this nature.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinder
Rodeway Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Jennings
Best Western Eunice
Best Western Eunice
#1 of 3 in Eunice

Been to Best Western Inn At Coushatta? Share your experiences!