“Worst Stay Ever!!!”
Review of Super 8 Kinder LA

Super 8 Kinder LA
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Kinder
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I went to this hotel expecting amenities such as 1st class services, a hotel 2 miles from Coushatta Casino, and well kept rooms. I was sorely disappointed.

1. The owner/manager was very discourteous and refused to let me see the room before demanding my personal information; namely my driver’s license and S.S. number in addition to my credit card. He also wouldn’t allow me to allow me to cancel my reservation when I saw the hotel‘s condition. The only reason that I stayed at the hotel was because I was told that I would be charged whether I stayed or not.

2. As far as the proximity to the casino, the Super 8 was 13.1 miles away and took nearly half an hour to drive each way. I didn’t mind the drive too much and the shuttle is also reliable, but I was expecting to be closer than I was.

3. As far as the room… There was strong, old, sweaty, and musty smell. It kind of reminded me of body odor. I agree with many of the other comments, saying that the towel were very thin and clearly old. The carpet was old and thread bare. The bathroom ceiling had something weird in the vent. And the bedroom ceiling had a hole in it.

Overall, I was very dissatisfied with my stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 31, 2012

This was by far one of the worst properties to stay at. I will not recommend this place to the Cock Roaches since it is such a dump. The staff sucks, I requested a shuttle to the Coushatta and had to wait close to an hour when I believe that the clerk on duty Friday March 16, 2012 realized that she had not called for a shuttle. It was my first trip to Louisiana and quite possibly my last unless I can stay at the other cleaner properties in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank TheFifthJoBro
Reviewed March 26, 2012

If your staying here for casino purposes only than your fine. The reason my family and I stayed here was because all other hotels in the area were sold out. This Super 8 isin't horrible just not near the best! We got to the hotel and checked in, went to our room to put our things down to find out our key card doesnt work, we then had to go back to the front desk not once but twice to finally get into our room. The decor of the room needs to be updated and the bathroom was nasty with bugs on the floor and the bathtub was dirty. The towel over the bathtub was even dirty with stains on it. The good thing was we were only in the room 5 min before we headed out to the casino. We didn't get back to the room till 5:30 am where we went to bed (I actually had a great nights sleep) The bed was not bad at all and the pillows were actually pretty comfy too! When we went to lock the door to go to sleep we noticed the deadbolt didn't work and you could see straight outside due to the crack in the door however, the door still locked. We didn't wake up in time for breakfast although my parents said it wasn't too bad! All in all this hotel is perfectly fine for a 1 night stay esp when your not spending time in the room and just need a place to lay your head! The price of $90 is a little too much though for what you get!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cdmcfnh0704
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Short version:
Find another place to stay in the Kinder area, unless you're on a very tight budget (why're you going to the casinos, if so?) and can't find another hotel close to the same price. This one is way over-priced. Wouldn't have stayed after seeing the room, but they have a 3-day cancellation rule. You can guess why. lol

Long version (there's so much, it's in no particuler order):
To begin, here's a clue to the managemant's style, and the condition of the place overall.: You know those little paper envelopes they hand you with your room keys slipped in and the room number written on it? THEY REUSE THEM! Grimy.

An aside... it's a bit over 5 miles from this Super 8 to the casino, whereas most of the other hotels are immediately adjacent to the casino.

The parking lot is pot-holed, broken concrete. The room was VERY tiny and cramped, 12' x 12' actually measured. Made worse by an old-fashion huge one-piece TV cabinet/chest/desk that filled one end of the room, leaving little walk around room or floor space for bags. Don't even think about more than two people in one of these rooms. Furniture is shabby and beat-up. Room paint and decor are all very outdated.

Carpet was threadbare and badly stained. Don't walk barefoot. The towels are thin and old. A 2-foot wide band of heavy black mold across bottom of cheap plastic shower curtain. Don't put it inside the shower with you. Of course, there's no tissue or dispenser in/on the vanity.

There was a heavy cigarette odor in the bathroom, though it's a non-smoking room. A favorite trick of smokers in non-smoking rooms is to smoke in the closed bathroom where's there's a vent fan and no detector.

The TV is one of those old CRT style TV's, and it kept losing the satellite signal. There's only 17 working TV channels. And those are all basic channels. But ABC & NBC had no signal. Go figure. Don't bother trying to watch anything uninterruped constantly.

The AC unit is very loud, and just 18" from the bed. Weak, useless wifi signal at motel back half. Could detect it but too weak to connect. Had to carry laptop out onto sidewalk nearer the front to get a signal strong enough to latch onto. 3 out of 4 of the ice machines on the bottom floor are permanently out of service, evidenced by very old signs. There's no bedside clock.

The toilet is jammed against the wall and the toilet paper dispenser. You must lean away and/or turn partally sideways depending on person's size.

We talked with the couple in the room next to ours and looked at each other's rooms... they were identicall in nearly every aspect. Laughed and made the best of it.

Only had two brief encounters with staff... the female half of the owners at check in and check out. She seemed a bit sour, no smile and very brief, curt responses to my inquiries.

There was just one positive aspect: AC worked fine and was easily controlled.

Room Tip: Don't think about staying in one of these rooms with more than two people.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xplorers2
Reviewed January 14, 2012

We frequent the casinos and when we first found this hotel, we could not believe the price! The pricing around the casino was outrageous, but this one is the one we will always continue back to. They have a shuttle, if needed, to the casino, which is about 5 miles away. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The staff is super friendly, and if there is anything you need, they will do their best to accommodate. Coffee, microwave and mini fridge in each room, plus breakfast in the morning! Can't beat this deal!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2012

My husband and I used our Wydham rewards to stay in the super 8 in Kinder LA and what a nightmare!!! carpet was torn - they left used shampoo in our room - cobwebs on the ceiling and walls - cover over the exhaust fan was full of dirt which would be easy to clean if they wanted to. - the door wouldn't lock when we left and when we finally did get it to lock we had to have our keys reprogrammed You had to keep the doors closed or face the wrath of bugs. The toilet seat was chipped. 'Even the racoon that was climbing the stairs when we went for dinner wouldn't stay around. Thank goodness we only wasted one night there.

Room Tip: look before you book
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leanne R
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We recently spent two nights at Kinder and found the Super 8 in need of a remodel and update!!! I know the bar is low in Kinder, but clean carpet and good sheets are a must!!! The sheets were so thin you could see through them!!! The breakfast was ok.---hot waffles were good!!!!

Room Tip: If in doubt---ask to see the room before renting!!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple