“Hotel is fine... CASINO has gotten worse and worse!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Coushatta Inn

Coushatta Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Kinder B&B and Inns
home
“Hotel is fine... CASINO has gotten worse and worse!”
Reviewed March 11, 2010

We are old time customers of Coushatta Casino in Kinder, LA. We used to really enjoy it back when it first opened and they we trying to get established. Back then a person could expect to win a little every now and then with some regularity.
Progressively it has gotten worse and worse. Our last half dozen or so trips there have been very disappointing in that not only did we not win anything at all... nothing, but it didn't appear that anyone around us was winning anything. Anyone that gambles knows that when there is no electricity in the room and nobody is shouting with joy... nobody is winning anything!
The casino at Coushatta has become a dud so we are taking our business to Lauberge in Lake Charles which we accidentally stumbled upon on our last trip after leaving Coushatta in disgust.
As to the hotel... really the Grand Inn over to the side of the big hotel and casino... it has always been quite comfortable and we have no complaints at all about it. Actually, most of the time our rooms have been “compted.” It's hard to complain about free rooms!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Central Texas
Reviewed February 2, 2010

This was our second time staying at the Grand Inn Coushatta. It's a short walk to the Casino and very close to the golf course. Got a great room rate during off season and the staff was friendly. You can hear noise in the hallway and adjacent rooms but other than that we enjoyed our stay and will be back.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
texas
Reviewed January 5, 2010

My husband surprised me with tickets to see Gary Allan at the Coushatta Casino/Resort. Getting a room proved to be very difficult. All of their hotes on property were sold out. I kept looking on line many times a day and calling waiting for a cancellation. Finally there was one. I grabbed it. It was for a room at the Coushatta Grand Inn and it was 115.00. I realize that 115.00 is not an unusual price especially for Jan. 2. However, for that price the room should be clean. The hotel lobby was clean, nice and beautifully decorated. The front desk staff could not have been more pleasant. Check in did not take long at all. We checked in around 4:30. I was really happy so far. My husband and I had not spent a night away from our two children in over a year. We were in room 230. Right next to the housekeeping closet. When we got into the room it looked "okay" not bad but, not really 115.00 worth but, we were glad to be on a little getaway. I grabbed my toiletries and headed toward the bathroom to put them on the counter. I noticed an opened sugar wrapper on the floor. Then I noticed hair on the floor all around the edge of the bathtub and in the bathtub. It appeared to be pubic hair. I went to the phone and dialed housekeeping. After several rings the answering machine came on. I hung up and dialed the front desk. A gentleman answered. I informed of the situation and he said he would get in touch with the housekeeper on duty. He also apologized. I thought okay someone will come. We left the room about 5:30. No one had come yet but, I thought they will while we were gone. We came back to the room around 11:30 pm after the concert and supper. Still hair on the floor and tub. I was so mad and disgusted. I called the front desk and spoke with a female. I told her about the whole story but, did not want someone coming now it was too late. Sarcasticly, she said "thanks". The next morning at check out the front desk clerk was the gentleman that had answered the phone the previous night. I told him nothing had been done. He showed me his call log where I had called. He apologized again but, no discount or comp. We will not stay there ever again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mapatexas

Travelers are raving about these Kinder hotels

Orange, Texas
Reviewed December 30, 2009

My husband and I decided to go to Coushatta for our anniversary. We hadn't been there in several years. But we had good memories of our previous trip. We made our reservation on the Internet for one night for $95. We arrived at around 5:00 last Tuesday afternoon. There was a long line of people waiting to get their rooms. The only lady working at the desk was very nice and friendly, trying to solve someone's problem (the person forgot their coupon for a low rate). When it was my turn, another lady came in. By her actions, it was obvious that she had better things to do. We got our room (on the first floor), went to put our bag, etc., in the room. The room was clean and a good size. We turned on the TV, which was old, and saw fuzzy reception. After adjusting the air from AC to heat, we walked over to the casino through the courtyard. We got back to our room at around 10 PM. When we were about to drift off to sleep, we kept hearing sounds like doors closing, which I excepted as normal hotel sounds. BUT, they got louder and louder, and suddenly there was a slamming or banging on the wall between our room and the adjorning room. My husband jumped up out of the bed, thinking that someone was crashing through the door on that wall. Then we heard loud talking. I could hear the people talking, while still in bed, like they were in our room. More loud noises. Then they were talking about medicines and the temperature of the room.......it just went on and on. We had the heater blowing and a small fan that we brought from home and we could still hear whatever was going on next door. Finally, at midnight, we couldn't stand the rudeness anymore. We packed up and headed to the front desk. When passing our loud neighbors' door, we noticed that it was a handicapped room. We told the lady at the desk about our loud neighbors and we told her that we were leaving and we wanted the $95 taken off our credit card. She was very nice, made some phone calls, wrote up what we said. Finally, she said that she couldn't do anything about the credit card. She said that we would have to call the manager the next day. She said that she would offer us another room, but that the hotel was full. So, we left and went home. This morning my husband called and talked to the manager and she said that she could not give us our money back, that she would just discount the price to $65. She told my husband that we should have called the desk to complain or called security. Hey, there's alot of crazy people out there; we don't know what they might have done afterwards. That man and woman in that room were not fighting; they were just rude. We felt, after talking to the lady at the desk that night, that we had no choice. Fortunately, we were only an hour and a half from home, but what if we had been on a trip somewhere? So, on our credit card, there is $65 for a room that we spent 2 hours in. We will never go back there again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed December 30, 2009

My wife and infant were driving back home to Texas from a fun filled yet chaotic week at Disney World. I wanted to take my time on the drive home and have one last night of "relaxation" before heading back to Texas, so although I was only 4 hours from home I booked a room for December 26th about two weeks beforehand.

I had checked into the couple of casino's in Lake Charles, as it would be more convenient since Lake Charles is right on I-10 and Kinder is about a 30 mile jaunt up north off the interstate. From a previous trip to Coushatta, I already knew the casino was bigger, cleaner, and all around nicer.....but I was a little unsure of the room. The last time I stayed at the Koasati Lodge and while it was okay for a cheap place to stay, it certainly was not the cleanest or most well put together hotel I had stayed at. I got a room for the 26th for $115.00 a night, which was even more icing on the cake. In Lake Charles they wanted 299.00 a night for Isle of Capri (which certainly is NOT worth it for their Inn), and 349.00 a night for Lauberge Du Lac. $115.00 seemed like a bargain to me, so I went for it.

We pulled into Kinder around 600 at night. While the entire complex was very busy, check inn was a breeze. The room we got was a 2 queen room and non-smoking. In all honesty, this is the best deal I think I ever have received for 115.00 bucks. The rooms are nothing special if you are looking for 5-star luxury, but room was super clean, bathroom was nice sized and also clean. The beds were comfortable, the staff was friendly, and it is about 1/8th of a mile to the casino. The walk is less than 5 minutes through a large pillar laden garden, but they do have a free shuttle for the 30 second bus ride if you are so inclined. I would certainly stay there again for the price. Great value when I compare it to other locations around the world that have casino hotels.

Believe me, if you are looking to gamble and are traveling through the Lake Charles area, take the extra 30 mile trip and head up to Coushatta. It is well worth it. Better value, nicer people, a larger and cleaner casino, and everything you need is right there. Plus, you don't have to stop in Lake Charles, which anyone who has been there will tell you is a big plus!

I have not stayed at the "Grand Hotel" attached to the casino, but this Grand Inn was a pleasure. Take the deal and enjoy your stay!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank Cram0120
Central Texas
Reviewed July 19, 2009

A nice hotel and a quick walk from the casino or a a quick shuttle ride if you don't or can't make the walk.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 19, 2003

After two weeks of traveling, our last stop was Kinder, LA.. We didnt have reservations and was hoping to get a room at Coushatta Grand Hotel but they were all reserved and they sent us to the Grand Inn, across the parking lot. After getting our room, we got our bags and went up to our room. Upon entering we were in awe. For the price this was an awesome room at a very, very reasonable rate. The bed was great, every thing clean and fresh. The room was very large. We enjoyed our stay and will definately return!!!!

29 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinder
Coushatta Grand Hotel
BEST WESTERN Inn at Coushatta
La Quinta Inn & Suites Iowa
Hampton Inn & Suites Jennings
Holiday Inn Express Eunice

Been to Coushatta Inn? Share your experiences!