“Convenient, but that's it”
Review of Coushatta Inn

Coushatta Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Kinder B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, MN
“Convenient, but that's it”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

When I pay 125.00 for a hotel room there are a couple of things I take for granted. 1) The blanket will cover the bed. Ours had a drop of about 2 inches on either side. This was blanket war. (It also had cigarette burn marks) 2) the pillows will be more then 2 inches thick. I don't expect top dollar pillows, but these give a whole new meaning to flat. Pillows are cheap. There is no excuse for this. 3) Fitted sheets. The bottom sheet was a flat sheet that wasn't even tucked under the mattress. To their credit, they gave us 2 additional pillows and an extra blanket when I called the front desk and they comped the room. But this shouldn't have been necessary. 4) The walls are paper thin. We could clearly hear our neighbors conversations and any sneezing or coughing. I finally took a sleeping pill, but it had a huge impact on my husbands sleep (or lack thereof). 5) No pool. We knew this ahead of time but come on, even Motel 6's have pools. The other properties at Coushatta have pools -- this is the exception. This was our first visit and we will not be back -- I won't go into how crowded the casino floor is (if you are claustrophobic, be forewarned) or how second rate the buffet is.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank whippetmama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Marcos, Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I have stayed at the Coushatta Inn 10 or 15 times in the last 5 years and was very happy ,this time I was very disappointed. After we checked in we found that we had no hand towels and no wash cloths. I called the front desk and the said that they was short on hand towels and wash cloths ,but they get us some as soon as possible, that was at 3:00 p.m. we came back to the room at 11:00p.m. and I called again and they said that they would call housekeeping. I Called again at 8:00a.m. and they said that they did not have any hand towels or wash cloths..I have never stayed at hotel that did not have towels or wash cloths ,I could not wash my face or take a shower, I was not very happy.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank pmurdock2

Travelers are raving about these Kinder hotels

Bellville, Texas
Reviewed February 23, 2011

We checked in on Sunday and out Monday. Although they were 100% booked the night before, our room was ready by noon, rather than the "after 4:00" norm. The room was nicely decorated and clean. Ditto for the bathroom, which had a hair dryer, fabric shower curtain, extra towels, and coffee pot. It was large, bright and clean! There was also an ironing board and iron in the closet if you needed it.

Not a short walk to the casino, but not unreasonable. Or, you can take the shuttle that picks you up at the hotel's entrance.

The room was very quiet, the beds comfy. We usually just nap between gambling sessions, but once we fell asleep we didn't wake until 9 hours later. That's a quiet room!

The gambling was disappointing the first day. There were more people than I've EVER seen at Coushatta, which meant we spent a lot of time searching for machines to play and tons of cigarette smoke. (Hint: Take a travel bottle of Febreeze with you to kill the smoke smell in your clothes and hair.) But the second day (early morning) was MUCH better. Hubby lost money, but I won enough to both pay for the trip and bring cash home.

Overall, an excellent trip. I'm already planning my return.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank PivotalForce
Cutt Off, LA
Reviewed November 5, 2010

The room was very nice. It was clean and the service at the inn was awesome. The staff was very courteous and eager to please. The shuttle to the casino is available 24 hours a day. They don't have mini fridges at the inn for every room, but we were able to get one by asking our porter. The casino itself is huge. We won everyday we were there, from Tuesday thru Saturday. We played mostly penny machines, which are a blast!!!! The restaurants are all good, although I would not recommend the breakfast buffet at the Terrace Cafe, however, their red velvet cake is AWESOME!!!! GIve Coushatta a try, it's a great place!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank bayougirlla
Rockport, Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We live in Texas and go to Coushatta every chance we get ! We stay upstairs from the casino, and for us it is ideal. The people are friendly,, the food is wonderful, and I love the slots . I just wish we could go more often. I just wish there was a Coushatta in Texas. The room was very nice, I couldn't ask for a more comfortable stay.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank txcatwoman
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Were meant to stay here last night. When we checked in room, realized shower had not been cleaned (used soap still in shower) That just made us wonder if anything had been cleaned in the room. When ask reception about it, they graciously moved us to a room which already had someone in it. Decided to stay in original room, until saw pillow case dirty. Decided to drive home at midnight. Couldn't stand the thought of staying in a dirty room. Really disappointed!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 8, 2010

My husband and I decided to head to Coushatta for the weekend and at the last minute chose to take our small children with us. They had a blast at the main hotel's indoor pool and then at the kids quest that evening. We were able to spend time with them and also have our time and feel comfortable with the setting that our children were left in. They didn't want to leave! The Inn is a lovely stroll from the casino, lined with beautiful flowers and trees. The hotel was everything we needed, and very comfortable. The lobby is FREEZING so be ready when you walk in. Only issue I had was that there was no shampoo provided, this would not have been an issue if I had known ahead of time but found this unusual. We actually left a few of our items behind and when I contacted the Inn they confirmed that they did have our articles and would mail them to us promptly. Very courteous staff from hello to goodbye. I would recommend to everyone!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinder
Coushatta Grand Hotel
Rodeway Inn
#4 of 10 in Kinder
La Quinta Inn & Suites Iowa
Hampton Inn & Suites Jennings

Been to Coushatta Inn? Share your experiences!