“If you just need a place to crash...” 2 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
American Inn of Kinder
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Kinder
Sealy, Texas
“If you just need a place to crash...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed at this little motel when it first opened under its original owner and it was perfect, clean and cheap. Well, now it is none of the above, as it is really showing signs of wear throughout the property and the price was almost $80 ($25 higher than my initial visit, although I was a walk-in this time). I got a non-smoking room that probably became such just after I asked for a "Non-smoking room, please", ha ha. There was a heavy smoke-masking deodorant in the room which I aired out for awhile. There was also a medium-sized spider that I dispatched, but no signs of any other insect habitation. The bed was soft and lumpy, due to wear and tear (I hate to imagine what kind). The continental breakfast... well, we drove to Vidor and ate at a Waffle House after seeing it, so I think you can fill in the blanks. If there are no other hotels in Kinder and driving back home is not an option... stay here. Otherwise, bring camping equipment, hehehe. Good Luck!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank GRTraveldawg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

i love it, the room it very clean , great price ,no complain ,i will be back

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank heater l
College Station, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

This establishment now goes by the name American Inn of Kinder. The dispute is regarding their poor quality and lack of cleanliness on dec 17,2011.

As I drove into the parking lot - I noticed two adolescents exchanging money for something in a Baggie. I hesitated to get out of my car - they then yelled profanities and ran off. I called my travel agency to let them know I was travelling alone and feared for my safety and did not wish to stay there.They informed me that was up to the motel which refused any refund. I was upset and went to eat at a nearby restaurant. I decided I should not judge a book by its cover and checked in. When I opened the door to the room it smelled like vomit. I opened the door to let the foul air escape. I walked into the bathroom to find 3 large roaches crawling on the tub. I packed my things and went to the front with the key - I told Steven Patel about the smell and filth of the room. He said I know you didn't want to stay here but too bad you will not be getting a refund. I travel frequently for work and this was the filthiest place I have ever been in.

Room Tip: Steer clear of this roach motel - it smells of urine and vomit -
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank AMYAGGIE

Travelers are raving about these Kinder hotels

San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2011

Literally, the place smells like fish. The staff is not friendly and they tried to raise the rates when I checked in. Don't stay here

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Houston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2010

Dirty walls, burnt out light bulbs, bare thread sheets, old food left in the mini fridge from previous guests, dirty/ripped carpet, thin walls (could hear the person in the next room snoring!), door to room would barely open due to ripped carpet, free shuttle to casino never arrived after being called 3 times. Did I miss anything? Don't waste your time in this dump! Spend a few bucks more and stay somewhere else!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2010

I drove all the way from San Antonio, TX and was happy with the check-in. It was fast. The Manager was very nice and would always give a friendly wave of hello. The room I had was clean and everything seemed to work. The cleaning staff were very good about maintaining the cleanliness of the room. I always had clean towels and the staff were also friendly. I stayed two nights and enjoyed the fact that I could go to my room and relax after spending most of my time at the casino. Not having to stress about room problems during a vacation is always a plus and this place was definitely stress-free. It is very close to the casino, maybe about 5 or 7 minutes away. There is a railroad, however, across from the hotel. Sometimes a train passes during the evening. The mattress felt very firm. Other than that everything was good and I was very satisfied with my stay. Just an FYI there is a very good Waffle Shoppe a few blocks up from the hotel on Highway 165. The pecan waffles and pancakes are awesome!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank maf2974
Iowa,La.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2009

Scottish Inn was clean and we enjoyed our stay there. Only 4 miles from casino. Could not find a place to stay on New Years Eve. Wish I would have got girls name. Very polite and helpful.Thanks Scottish Inn.

• Liked — Very close to casino
  • Disliked — Price went up for holiday
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple