“Choices, Choices” 4 of 5 bubbles

Gumbeaux's Oyster & Sports Bar
Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Kinder
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Louisiana
“Choices, Choices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Lots of choices here and lots of good food. Seven Clans Buffet has the best variety around, all served hot and fresh. Big Sky is a classic steakhouse with prime cuts (and the price to match!) Want a quicker meal? Try Terrace Cafe for a burger, plate special, steak or all-day breakfast. Cafe Grande is a sandwich shop with limited menu, but great prices. Try a soup and 1/2 sandwich combo. Fave is Gumbeaux's Sports Bar - pub food, cold beer on draught and decent import selection. Tell the waiter what game you want to watch on one of the 40 or so televisions. Large tables for large gatherings of sports fans.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank LiveLoveTravelNow

Louisiana
“NOT worth it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

$35 for a buffet with very little selection. They had boiled crawfish and that was just about all. For someone who can eat a LOT of crawfish, I guess the price is worth it. The only other seafood was over-breaded, over-fried catfish. They had dried-out turkey and roast. An hour wait in line to be seated and $35...we won't do it again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank popuplily
Baytown, Texas
“bad food worse service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place is a waste of time to go, go to paragon instead way nicer and enjoyable, you can not win any money here and the staff in all areas including the hotels are very rude....

Visited March 2013
1 Thank april j
Corpus Christi
“Glass in salad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We ate at the Big Sky Steakhouse Sunday evening and while I was eating my salad I felt something cut my tongue. When I spit it out it was a razor sharp pointed piece of glass. My husband and I were with another couple and no one took another bite of their salad. I was stunned and worried if we had already swallowed smaller pieces of glass. My husband called our waitress over and we gave her the piece of glass and asked her to be sure to notify the manager. She returned and said that they had thrown out the rest of the salad and the manager had been told. A few minutes later a gentleman came over (did not introduce himself) and asked if we wanted a refill on our tea. We ate our meal & paid full price without a manager asking if I was OK. My husband asked a second time if the manager had been told and she said that he had. This does not speak well of the concern of management. We have eaten there several time and the steaks have always been good but I think in the future we will choose to eat someplace else. In case you are wondering my tongue was sore for a few days! Thanks for the concern "Manager"

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Texas
“Big Sky Steakhouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I ate at the steakhouse in Coushatta for the second time recently. The filet was once again outstanding. We had some kind of prime rib sliders appetizer and the meat on them was almost non-existent. They weren't bad but need some meat on them. We saw them serving someone the prime rib and it looked wonderful. Next time I will get the prime rib. The service was decent but the server seemed a little inexperienced.

• Visited January 2013