“Beautiful hotel”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Kinder
Houston, Texas
“Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We went for the Lynyrd Skynard concert. It was a great weekend and the hotel was beautiful. Very clean! The staff was friendly and helpful.
I wish there were more restaurants to choose from on the grounds.
We will definitely stay here if we ever come to Kinder again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Let me start off by saying that my family has been going to gamble at the Coushatta Casino since it first opened. I have stayed at nearly all their properties: Seven Clans Hotel, Coushatta Grand Hotel, Coushatta Inn, Kosati Pines and Chalets. My hotels of choice is exactly in the order that I typed them with my #1 preference being the "new" Seven Clans Hotel.

The exterior is well lit, has ample parking space and well kept. The lobby is nicely decorated and the front desk staff are very friendly and chatty upon check in. You need to use your room key in order to access the elevator, same at the Grand Hotel, and each floor has soda/snacks vending machines with an accessible microwave.

Upon entering your room you're in awe with the nice decor, comfortable bedding and awesome shower. Each room has a flat screen tv, computer desk with various ports, water bottles and coffee/espresso maker. I'm neither a coffee/espresso drinker, but this is a nice perk nonetheless.

I cannot say enough nice things about the bedding. You literally sink into the bed and the comforter/pillows are so comfortable. Perfect conditions after gambling all day/night and for sleeping in late. Just leave the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door and you will be left alone.

The bathroom/shower area is spacious with an awesome shower area. You can have the water spray you from above, the side and/or both. Water cascading on you and the bathroom amenities are excellent. If you've ever used "Paul Mitchell" products then you'll enjoy their shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Let me state that this is pretty much the only hotel in which I use all three of these items because I am pretty picky. But the fragrances have a clean smell and leave you feeling great.

If you're ever in need of any accessories from housekeeping while you're in the room your wait won't be long. I've called them a few times for extra towels and/or bathroom amenities and each time they arrived in under 5 - 10 minutes. They were always very courteous and greeted me with a smile.

I highly recommend this hotel with the Coushatta Grand Casino being my alternate option for easy access to the casino. The Seven Clans is Coushatta's answer to Lake Charles L'Auberge Hotel - only newer and nicer.

Room Tip: My recommendation would be to request a room away from the elevator. If your room is near the eleva...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gilbert U
Richmond, Texas
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because it was close to the casino (reached by covered walkway) and because it seemed to offer a lot for the money ($89 per night during the week).

We were very pleased. Our room was large with a very comfortable bed and plenty of pillows and towels. The shower was especially nice since it was oversized. However, I was not fond of the shower head since it didn't seem to be adjustable.

Some reviewers have complained about the requirement to use room keys to access different parts of the hotel. I loved this. We only had people in our hall that were staying in that area and that gave me a real sense of security. We were on the first floor so I don't know about the elevators.

We especially appreciated the free valet parking. The people handing the cars were fast, courteous, and seemingly careful. The rest of the hotel staff were great as well.

The other thing I loved was this is a completely non-smoking facility. That's not true in the other motels/hotels in the area.

We did have problems getting the Wi-Fi to work in our room. We were at the far end of the hall and the signal strength was really weak or non-existent. The staff put us in contact with the internet service and they tried to help, but it never did come up to being acceptable.

I understand the price is pretty high on the weekends, so I suggest trying to stay during the week. This makes it not quite as crowded in the casino as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dixie M
Rockport, Texas
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Brand new hotel connected to the casino. Very nice room! Friendly staff, very helpful. Large showers with two shower heads, one on the ceiling and one on the wall. Lazy river for floating in a tube, and a swim up bar just outside. Great prices and if you are a gambler, the Coushatta Casino is very giving with their comps! I am a very small time gambler who stays entertained at the penny slots. We go to Coushatta maybe twice a year. Stayed two nights free and paid for one at the casino rate. This is a totally no smoking hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are no smoking. Large walk-in shower, no tub.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank czdz
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a very well-appointed, clean and beautiful hotel. The rooms are very accommodating, comfortable and immaculate. The shower is unbelievable. It has a choice of a rain shower or regular shower head. It was awesome! We didn't get to experience the new pool yet because it wasn't open yet. This by far is the best hotel! We ate at the sports bar and grill in the casino. I can't remember the name, but it was really cool with a variety of menu choices. The only bad part of our trip was nobody in our party of 5 won anything. As a matter of fact, I didn't notice anyone really winning anything. Thats why I prefer to play slots at Delta Downs. There are people winning constantly, including myself and guests. Anyhow, this hotel was a very nice place to stay. Extremely clean too. Staff for the most part nice; except a rude front desk clerk. The next morning (which was a Monday), we asked if we could check out 30 minutes late. That was it. She said she could only give us 15 min. PLEASE... Monday's are very slow at casinos and I certainly didn't see anybody in line trying to check in. I should have wrote down her name, because we all felt that was extremely tacky...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Allyson K
San Antonio
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed at the Coushatta's Grand Hotel during our first two trips to the casino resort, and opted for the new 7 Clans Hotel for our most recent trip. The 7 Clans is as good as, or perhaps better than, the Grand Hotel, given its newness, well-appointed room, and the availability of a coffee shop and a bar just off the lobby in the relatively short hallway leading to the casino. A plus is that the 7 Clans is a completely smoke-free hotel (we're both ex-smokers), although the casino itself has a quite good ventilation system that mostly eliminates just about all of the smoke on the gambling floor. In our future visits to the casino we'll likely opt for the 7 Clans, although if it's not available, the Grand Hotel will suit us just fine. The 7 Clans offers safes in each room, which we don't recall being available in the Grand Hotel; conversely, the Grand Hotel offers refrigerators in each room, which the 7 Clans doesn't.

We used valet parking at the 7 Clans, saving us a goodly walk from the public parking lot.

Like our previous stays, the staff throughout the resort are very friendly, professional, and eager to assist whenever needed.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 4th floor - quiet, ice and vending machines on each floor by elevators.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SASprings
Texas
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Went to to La. on business and decided to stay at the casino hotels during the trip. The new Seven Clans hotel, just recenly opened, and was the one I decided to stay in. This place was top notch in everything. The rooms are not large, but roomy and beautifully decorated. Nice size televisions, comfortable bed, and the walk-in shower with the "rain shower" ceiling mounted shower head was a real treat. The Kuerig coffee maker was a great addition and included bottled water. There was a hotel bar in the lobby and a nice place to grap a snack or bite to eat. Very typical of the upper scale hotel bar, but a little smaller than most. I stayed during the week and the rates were very reasonable, but I believe they go up on weekends and holidays. I stayed an extra day and played golf at their course, about a 1/2 mile away. You wouldn't think it, but it was a very nice course and would rival the typical mid-level course in the states. Overall, I enjoyed the amenities at the hotel and didn't experiance any negative issues. I didn't use their complementary Valet parking but there were plenty of people that did. Once you pull into the driveway for check-in, you will think you are in a large metro city at a top 10 hotel. This place was very nice.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Steve M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinder
Coushatta Grand Hotel
#4 of 10 in Kinder
La Quinta Inn & Suites Iowa
Hampton Inn & Suites Jennings
Holiday Inn Express Eunice

Been to Seven Clans Hotel? Share your experiences!