“Always check the amount on your voucher.”

Coushatta Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Kinder
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Louisiana's largest casino resort offers over 2800 hot slots and 70 table games, live bingo and off track betting. Satisfy your appetite at any of the resort's nine restaurants. Enjoy a day of golf on beautiful Koasati Pines championship golf course. See national headliners live in concert in The Pavilion, and find your soft spot at the end of the day in one of over 900 hotel rooms. Join the casino's Advantage Club to earn the best benefits in the region when you play your favorite slots and tables. At Coushatta you earn both comps AND cash for your slot points ... No need to choose! If you are a non-smoker you'll love the huge non smoking area with over 500 slots so you can play your favorites in smoke-free air! At Coushatta, you can bring the kids along ... They will have fun in Kids Quest and Cyber Quest while you have fun in the casino. No need to leave Fido at home, either! Coushatta offers dog-friendly rooms and an off-leash dog park too.
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Just got back today, went with a group on a bus from C.C. TX nice ride very nice people. But was very disappointed with the hotel, it needed renovating. The casino was o.k. several places to eat but expensive. The machines don't give cash they give vouchers, I put a voucher in a machine and it was worth $19.80, it only registered .80 cents, I call the attendant and she gave me a line, I should have had them open the machine, almost $20 lost. Probably will not go back because of it. Just watch your $$. Kinda fun for awhile. Good way to kill a day. Machines are very tight and it was also a Sunday when we arrived so there was no entertainmnet. There was however a place where you could get free coffee and sodas, a serve yourself, that was good since we don't drink. All and all not a bad time.

4  Thank schotz

Reviewed July 14, 2009

I have been to the grand Casino a bunch of times and ejoyed it each time I went. I would
akways gladly go back.

3  Thank Auntie59
Reviewed May 20, 2009

The Grand Casino Coushatta is an OK place. You will never confuse it with a Vegas casino. There are NO pretty people :) When I am the best looking person in an establishment there is a problem. I think smoking is a must at this place. My wife and I appeared to be the only ones not smoking.

Food here is very hit and miss. They have a little sports bar called Gumbeaux's. It was OK. The bowl of gumbo that I had was very good, and I am very picky on gumbo. All the other food that I saw come out of Gumbeaux's kitchen looked good. The buffet looked terrible and the meal I had at the cafe was horrible. I sent it back and did not eat. Hair in my coleslaw, and the meat was cold and had the unmistakable taste of being microwaved.

Don't expect Vegas and you won't be disappointed. Just a couple of nights and a little gambling and you will be ok.

4  Thank mexicohangover
Reviewed April 24, 2009

we stayed at the coushatta inn which is located on the same grounds as the casino but a quick 5 minute walk away tthrough a beautiful garden. we went there for a quick overnight visit since we live in nearby north houston. Overall we had a lot of fun the slots didnt pay as well as were used to but thats not a huge deal, you win some you lose some. The hotel was clean and comfortable and checking in was very easy. My only complaint is the food we had at their buffet, it was HORRIBLE---------------------------- the food selection was limited and not presented well, everything was old and dried up looking and of very very cheap quality, in fact i felt sick to my stomach not long after eating, so bad bad food and they charged $18 per person, that is ridiculous, i hope someone read this at the casino and does something fast!

upon check out we were pleasantly surprised by the $30 discount we received since we were gambling the night before, that was such a nice surprise.

5  Thank mandeinca
Reviewed April 19, 2009

Coushatta is a great casino in all aspects except for one, I have made 10-15 thousand dollars there playing the $15-2500 pitch blackjack game there. I play progressively and noticed that if you get too far ahead they WILL rig the deck and will also bring in specially trained dealers and you will get cheated because the cards will be rigged at some point this usually happens after the card shufffler red lights, or the pit boss will get a phone call and come whisper to the dealer. I have moved from table to table and you cannot tell me that the card shuffler would naturally break down at every table I went too, and watch out for a dealer named Sylvia red hair and mullet cause she will clean you out. In addition I have had other dealers tell me that this happens!! My advice is go once or twice a month and hit them for a couple of thousand and leave and keep eyes on everything and once you see something not right or another dealer come in GET OUT!! One example I will give from personal experience is that they changed the table to a 25-5000 min max table and I busted every hand up to 5000 progressively and stayed on the last hand I had a 15 and the dealer had a face card showing, I had a hunch to stay and stayed and sure enough the dealer got the bust card and it literally pissed them off I cashed out and left. I would recommend this casino but you have to intentionally throw the deck off when you see this coming and watch out for the shuffling machine that will red light all the time because decks are being switched out. I do not go there with the intention on losing this is how I make a living and I average $800 per hour playing this but I cant give all my secrets away!! Other than that the comps are excellent and most of the dealers are liggit just keep eyes open and when you see too many eyes on you cash out! I hope this is helpful and good luck gaming, any questions email is [--]

25  Thank BlackjackKing