“Slots tighter?”

Coushatta Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Kinder
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Louisiana's largest casino resort offers over 2800 hot slots and 70 table games, live bingo and off track betting. Satisfy your appetite at any of the resort's nine restaurants. Enjoy a day of golf on beautiful Koasati Pines championship golf course. See national headliners live in concert in The Pavilion, and find your soft spot at the end of the day in one of over 900 hotel rooms. Join the casino's Advantage Club to earn the best benefits in the region when you play your favorite slots and tables. At Coushatta you earn both comps AND cash for your slot points ... No need to choose! If you are a non-smoker you'll love the huge non smoking area with over 500 slots so you can play your favorites in smoke-free air! At Coushatta, you can bring the kids along ... They will have fun in Kids Quest and Cyber Quest while you have fun in the casino. No need to leave Fido at home, either! Coushatta offers dog-friendly rooms and an off-leash dog park too.
Houston, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Slots tighter?”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My wife and I have been going to Coushatta 2-4 times per year for many years. We drive from Houston and have been willing to drive further to get there, because we like it better than the closer casinos. On our visit this month we stayed at the newer hotel and it is very nice. The buffet is great and reasonably priced. There is a modern water park for kids (seasonal). The staff is very good and they are constantly adding new games. It could be just luck of the draw, but the slots seemed much tighter on this visit. We usually bring $400 to $500 to play and consider it entertainment expense that we expect to loose. But on this visit the money drained much faster than usual. Although Coushatta is a special place we will be going less if the payouts are worse....probably Vegas instead.

9 Thank Glenn L

Maynard, Massachusetts, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Love the Bingo!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My husband, my parents and I drove over for an overnight trip from Houston. My husband and I are from the Northeast and used to the Connecticut casinos. We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at Coushatta Casino.

We played the Bingo session on a Wednesday night. Were amazed at how few people were in attendance. 3 out of 4 of us won a game! The bingo takes place in one room for both smoking and non-smoking but (perhaps because of the few people playing) the non-smokers among us had no problems being in the same room as the smokers. The workers in the Bingo Hall were the friendliest people of all! Because we were newbies - they regularly checked to make sure we were doing alright.

We ate one meal at the buffet (not outstanding, but not bad either - worth the price) and 2 meals at the Terrance Cafe. Thought the breakfast buffet at the Terrance Cafe was the best meal we had.

The casino itself had all of our favorite machines, along with some we hadn't seen at other casinos. The slots didn't seem any tighter to us than other places.

Played a few hands at the $5 Let it Ride table. Wish they had more of them, that table was always full. Cards didn't come my way - but that's not the casino's fault.

All in all, we had a wonderful time and are looking forward to making this a regular stop when we are next in the area.

1 Thank Jennifer W
Beaumont, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Slots are really tight for the last 3 months...”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We [three] go to the casino at least once a month sometimes more often. Slots are moved often and for the last three months are so tight you cannot win at all unless you are playing the maximum bets on the machine. We used to eat in the Terrace but the service is so slow we have started using the Deli. Food is good in both place. When playing a slot in certain areas you could die of thirst before getting a drink. The girls are sweet but just slow or overworked. We have been going to Coushatta for many years, since it opened and see the slots getting tighter each time we go. Newer machines are more expensive to play max and that is really the only way to win at all.

3 Thank Bharrel
Alvin, Texas
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Left at the end due to one very rude bartender”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I will start by saying that I actually do enjoy this casino for the most part. This was our second visit and was going well until one event happened and we left early. This trip was taken with our family to celebrate Grandma's 80th birthday. We showed up Saturday afternoon had a great day/evening (it was really hard to get into a restaurant due to our size, but they worked it out). Sunday we got up early (some at 6am) and gambled. My Husband was one of the early birds. It was afternoon and he was playing on the roulette wheel and he wanted a drink. So he walked up to the bar and asked for a Rum and Coke to which the bartender (who had a very bad attitude) gave him a coke (seriously a Coke), my Husband stated please add Rum. The bartender did again with a attitude. We then went back to gambling for a few minutes (not successfully) so we decided to go to the wheel in the non-smoking section. We went back to the bar to grab a drink on our way. The bartender tells us that he already served my Husband 3 drinks and would now have to charge. I thought he was kidding since he only served one and the other he had to correct. I laughed but then I realized he was SERIOUS. So my Husband says what if she orders it and the bartender looked at me and walked away. He kept looking back at us and was talking to the other employees. I was completely floored and at this point very mad. I told my Husband lets just leave I no longer feel welcome here. So we left. I think I will try the other casinos when we go back. I even said something to someone about how the bartender treated us and they said well maybe he did not know you were gambling. (the roulette wheel is right in front of the bar). I am not interested in someone acting like I am not worth the time they are paid to give.

Visited January 2014
6 Thank BrendaH40
Tennessee
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed this casino. It is large, clean, friendly and a large non-smoking area. It has a large variety of slots and table games.
We stayed at the rv park, which had a great shuttle service. All one had to do was call and they would pick you up right away and always waiting to take you back to rv or motel.
We ate the Terrace and always had more then enough to eat and food was good. We didn't try the buffet, since I had read some negative reviews. We also couldn't eat that much and the Terrace was very reasonable, plus you can use your comps.
The campground was very nice, had everything g we needed for our motorhome. The cable and internet worked good.
I will stay here again if traveling close by.

3 Thank KraZynTn