“Left at the end due to one very rude bartender”

Coushatta Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Kinder
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Louisiana's largest casino resort offers over 2800 hot slots and 70 table games, live bingo and off track betting. Satisfy your appetite at any of the resort's nine restaurants. Enjoy a day of golf on beautiful Koasati Pines championship golf course. See national headliners live in concert in The Pavilion, and find your soft spot at the end of the day in one of over 900 hotel rooms. Join the casino's Advantage Club to earn the best benefits in the region when you play your favorite slots and tables. At Coushatta you earn both comps AND cash for your slot points ... No need to choose! If you are a non-smoker you'll love the huge non smoking area with over 500 slots so you can play your favorites in smoke-free air! At Coushatta, you can bring the kids along ... They will have fun in Kids Quest and Cyber Quest while you have fun in the casino. No need to leave Fido at home, either! Coushatta offers dog-friendly rooms and an off-leash dog park too.
Alvin, Texas
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Left at the end due to one very rude bartender”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

I will start by saying that I actually do enjoy this casino for the most part. This was our second visit and was going well until one event happened and we left early. This trip was taken with our family to celebrate Grandma's 80th birthday. We showed up Saturday afternoon had a great day/evening (it was really hard to get into a restaurant due to our size, but they worked it out). Sunday we got up early (some at 6am) and gambled. My Husband was one of the early birds. It was afternoon and he was playing on the roulette wheel and he wanted a drink. So he walked up to the bar and asked for a Rum and Coke to which the bartender (who had a very bad attitude) gave him a coke (seriously a Coke), my Husband stated please add Rum. The bartender did again with a attitude. We then went back to gambling for a few minutes (not successfully) so we decided to go to the wheel in the non-smoking section. We went back to the bar to grab a drink on our way. The bartender tells us that he already served my Husband 3 drinks and would now have to charge. I thought he was kidding since he only served one and the other he had to correct. I laughed but then I realized he was SERIOUS. So my Husband says what if she orders it and the bartender looked at me and walked away. He kept looking back at us and was talking to the other employees. I was completely floored and at this point very mad. I told my Husband lets just leave I no longer feel welcome here. So we left. I think I will try the other casinos when we go back. I even said something to someone about how the bartender treated us and they said well maybe he did not know you were gambling. (the roulette wheel is right in front of the bar). I am not interested in someone acting like I am not worth the time they are paid to give.

6 Thank BrendaH40

Tennessee
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed this casino. It is large, clean, friendly and a large non-smoking area. It has a large variety of slots and table games.
We stayed at the rv park, which had a great shuttle service. All one had to do was call and they would pick you up right away and always waiting to take you back to rv or motel.
We ate the Terrace and always had more then enough to eat and food was good. We didn't try the buffet, since I had read some negative reviews. We also couldn't eat that much and the Terrace was very reasonable, plus you can use your comps.
The campground was very nice, had everything g we needed for our motorhome. The cable and internet worked good.
I will stay here again if traveling close by.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank KraZynTn
Cleveland, Texas
“Casino good Buffett Awful”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

On Jan 23/24 I stayed at the Seven Clans Hotel. The hotel and casino was fine. We went to the seafood Buffett for crab legs. The crab legs were frozen that was suppose to be hot and they were brown and did not look fresh. The hostess came around to ask how the food was and we commented on this and she said get them off of the bottom. The manager was out at the Buffett stirring the Green Beans grumbling at the staff about not stirring the food. I asked if he was the manager I told him that The Crab legs did not look fresh and they were frozen and he said we just Dumped Them in the bin and they got them frozen and that is how they look. These Crab Legs were not fresh and should have been removed from the serving line. The rest of the Buffett was OK but not great none . I have ate here many times and the food was Excellant . I think they have some bad management going on.

Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very nice casino - mostly worth the extra drive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I spent this past Saturday/Sunday at Coushatta - really nice casino. (not my first trip). I like it because it's very well-ventilated and therefore nowhere near as smoky as some of the closer casinos. Also, I can afford to gamble here, as the table limits are very reasonable. (Can't say the same about L'auberge, although I am hopeful that things will improve there once the Golden Nugget opens.) Dealers are very nice, and cocktails come on a regular basis.

The only downside to Coushatta is the extra forty-five minute drive each way. (It might be a bit faster now, as I noticed speed limits have increased.) Sometimes you just want the shorter drive, but if you're willing to put in the extra 90 minutes, it's well worth it.

1 Thank fortwaynejules
Rosenberg, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Watch for Speed Traps!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

I would rate the casino higher than average if were not for the speed traps along the highway from I10, which I think you have to take into consideration when trying to access a casino or any other type of entertainment venue. One in particular is in Fenton La.. It is a village not a city. The village is small enough to throw a rock across it but they have 2 miles of the highway at 50 mph. It is little deceiving because you are so far out from anything that you think you have left their limits. The speed limit on the highway itself is 65 mph. They do not ask for insurance card they just what your license to give you a ticket. We are from Texas so we are easy mark not to come back protest the ticket. They have a website setup to pay your fine on-line. In Texas a lot of the villages and towns along most of the four lane highways have been investigated and shut down when they find out they are financing their governments off of passing motorist and have high crime rate in their own town. I contacted the casino and suggested that they give their patrons a heads up about this particular pitfall when making a visit. Since we will be coming from Houston I feel confident that we will be stopping in Lake Charles from now on. With tourism being so important to La. economy I am surprised they don't ferret out these types of speed traps.

13 Thank William M