“Casino good Buffett Awful”

Coushatta Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Kinder
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Louisiana's largest casino resort offers over 2800 hot slots and 70 table games, live bingo and off track betting. Satisfy your appetite at any of the resort's nine restaurants. Enjoy a day of golf on beautiful Koasati Pines championship golf course. See national headliners live in concert in The Pavilion, and find your soft spot at the end of the day in one of over 900 hotel rooms. Join the casino's Advantage Club to earn the best benefits in the region when you play your favorite slots and tables. At Coushatta you earn both comps AND cash for your slot points ... No need to choose! If you are a non-smoker you'll love the huge non smoking area with over 500 slots so you can play your favorites in smoke-free air! At Coushatta, you can bring the kids along ... They will have fun in Kids Quest and Cyber Quest while you have fun in the casino. No need to leave Fido at home, either! Coushatta offers dog-friendly rooms and an off-leash dog park too.
Cleveland, Texas
“Casino good Buffett Awful”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

On Jan 23/24 I stayed at the Seven Clans Hotel. The hotel and casino was fine. We went to the seafood Buffett for crab legs. The crab legs were frozen that was suppose to be hot and they were brown and did not look fresh. The hostess came around to ask how the food was and we commented on this and she said get them off of the bottom. The manager was out at the Buffett stirring the Green Beans grumbling at the staff about not stirring the food. I asked if he was the manager I told him that The Crab legs did not look fresh and they were frozen and he said we just Dumped Them in the bin and they got them frozen and that is how they look. These Crab Legs were not fresh and should have been removed from the serving line. The rest of the Buffett was OK but not great none . I have ate here many times and the food was Excellant . I think they have some bad management going on.

Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very nice casino - mostly worth the extra drive”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I spent this past Saturday/Sunday at Coushatta - really nice casino. (not my first trip). I like it because it's very well-ventilated and therefore nowhere near as smoky as some of the closer casinos. Also, I can afford to gamble here, as the table limits are very reasonable. (Can't say the same about L'auberge, although I am hopeful that things will improve there once the Golden Nugget opens.) Dealers are very nice, and cocktails come on a regular basis.

The only downside to Coushatta is the extra forty-five minute drive each way. (It might be a bit faster now, as I noticed speed limits have increased.) Sometimes you just want the shorter drive, but if you're willing to put in the extra 90 minutes, it's well worth it.

1 Thank fortwaynejules
Rosenberg, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Watch for Speed Traps!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I would rate the casino higher than average if were not for the speed traps along the highway from I10, which I think you have to take into consideration when trying to access a casino or any other type of entertainment venue. One in particular is in Fenton La.. It is a village not a city. The village is small enough to throw a rock across it but they have 2 miles of the highway at 50 mph. It is little deceiving because you are so far out from anything that you think you have left their limits. The speed limit on the highway itself is 65 mph. They do not ask for insurance card they just what your license to give you a ticket. We are from Texas so we are easy mark not to come back protest the ticket. They have a website setup to pay your fine on-line. In Texas a lot of the villages and towns along most of the four lane highways have been investigated and shut down when they find out they are financing their governments off of passing motorist and have high crime rate in their own town. I contacted the casino and suggested that they give their patrons a heads up about this particular pitfall when making a visit. Since we will be coming from Houston I feel confident that we will be stopping in Lake Charles from now on. With tourism being so important to La. economy I am surprised they don't ferret out these types of speed traps.

13 Thank William M
Houston, Texas
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Good If You Overlook a Few Things”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Its a nice casino, and very big, with all the bells and whistles you could possibly want. If you don't like having your lungs full of cigarette smoke, I recommend getting there early and leaving before night. The casino gets VERY smoke filled and crowded. There is a large non smoking section, but you have to go through the main casino area (packed with people and full of smoke). To get to the restaurants, you also have to go through the main casino area. I ate at the 7 clans buffet, on seafood night. It was a bit overpriced, but you can save five dollars by getting an advantage card. The food was good, but not excellent. I've had tastier food at local hometown buffets. I looked at the hotel attached to the casino, but decided not to stay there because it has neither an indoor pool not a hot tub. Otherwise, the lobby and common areas looked nice.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Mary N
South East Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Best in LA or from a Texas drive.”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Cleaner then the rest around it. Good restaraunt inside. Many games and tables. Free drinks,
If you are playing games !
Smoke free area but it still carries over. I always have a good experience even though I never have come back richer.

Visited February 2013