“Anniversary Vacation”

Coushatta Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Kinder
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Louisiana's largest casino resort offers over 2800 hot slots and 70 table games, live bingo and off track betting. Satisfy your appetite at any of the resort's nine restaurants. Enjoy a day of golf on beautiful Koasati Pines championship golf course. See national headliners live in concert in The Pavilion, and find your soft spot at the end of the day in one of over 900 hotel rooms. Join the casino's Advantage Club to earn the best benefits in the region when you play your favorite slots and tables. At Coushatta you earn both comps AND cash for your slot points ... No need to choose! If you are a non-smoker you'll love the huge non smoking area with over 500 slots so you can play your favorites in smoke-free air! At Coushatta, you can bring the kids along ... They will have fun in Kids Quest and Cyber Quest while you have fun in the casino. No need to leave Fido at home, either! Coushatta offers dog-friendly rooms and an off-leash dog park too.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Me and my Husband went to the Grand Hotel and Casino for two nights to celebrate our Anniversary. The staff was very friendly (and helpful as we have never been to a casino before and needed assistance on how everything worked). The hotel is old but it was very clean. The room had plenty of space and the bed was amazing (we want one)! I did not give them a excellent because we did have to request pillows twice before getting them as the room only had pillows for one person when we got there. Honestly however since this was the only issue, if I could I would give them a Very Hight Very Good.

All reviews
in 21 reviews
"swim up bar"
"bingo hall"

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were there for 3 nights. We had the best time ever. We can't wait to go back again. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. We were there for senior day. The Buffet was 1/2 price and totally Awesome. We were surprised that the smoking room did not bother us at all. you could not see or smell smoke and our clothes did not smell of smoke. there is a non smoking room to play in, but we spent most of our time in the smoking room. We just liked it better. We will be planning another trip very soon.

3  Thank Joyce L
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We just recently visited the Coushatta Casino and saw a wonderful show. Doug and Larry's Country Show is fantastic at the Mikko's Theatre in the main casino. These two are basically a tribute band for Alan Jackson, George Strait and Brooks and Dunn. The show was fantastic! They did a great job--even dressed like the entertainers.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was once a regular at Coushatta. Several years ago I had an incident there that has spoiled my fun there. We were on our way to bed when my GF stopped at a Wheel of Fortune machine. I sat down next to her and put $20.00 in a Wheel of Fortune 25 cent machine. I soon hit a Wheel of fortune and won some money. About that time a woman walked up and said "I have $70 in that machine?? Who would walk away from a machine without tipping the chair, leaving your slot card or having it locked down. I blew her off and she walked away. We headed to our room.

A short time later there were two security men at out door inquiring if there was a man in the room. I spoke to them and they said an accusation had been made that I had received money that belonged to the woman. It was made clear to me that I was under no obligation to pay the $70 but if I did it would be forwarded to the complainer. I have worked for the State Courts as an Officer of the Court for 25 years and this bothered me.

The next day I went to security and they advised me the woman had been at that machine and had $70.00 and some change in it. When she cashed out the machine only printed the cents and not the Dollar amount. They said it was on the computer with my players card as well as the video. Being an honest person I felt they knew what they were talking about so I paid $70 cash and requested a receipt. When security returned with my receipt it had RESTITUTION written on it. . This upset me very much as i think of restitution as being repayment for a criminal act.

I came to learn that the slots at Coushatta are notorious for printing the "cent amount" and not the dollar amount. Read some of the other reviews. To top all this off I was told that I was now "in their computer" and if there were to be another "incident" with me I would be 8-6'ed. I later learned this is an old Las Vegas term for 8 miles out of town and 6 feet deep. Apparently these days it means "IMMEDIATELY EXCLUDED FROM THE CASINO" as in booted out in the middle of the night. Not wanting this to happen I have never returned to Coushatta although I had always very much liked it.

In my opinion id their slots are faulty and they know it, it is their responsibility and not to BRAND a person as a BAD CHARACTER because the slot machine is faulty- ESPECIALLY WHEN THE PERSON PAYS MONEY TO RIGHT A WRONG!

I recommend anyone that wants to go to a casino to pick one other than Coushatta!

4  Thank pokie222