“Worth driving beyond the boats”

Coushatta Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Kinder
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Louisiana's largest casino resort offers over 2800 hot slots and 70 table games, live bingo and off track betting. Satisfy your appetite at any of the resort's nine restaurants. Enjoy a day of golf on beautiful Koasati Pines championship golf course. See national headliners live in concert in The Pavilion, and find your soft spot at the end of the day in one of over 900 hotel rooms. Join the casino's Advantage Club to earn the best benefits in the region when you play your favorite slots and tables. At Coushatta you earn both comps AND cash for your slot points ... No need to choose! If you are a non-smoker you'll love the huge non smoking area with over 500 slots so you can play your favorites in smoke-free air! At Coushatta, you can bring the kids along ... They will have fun in Kids Quest and Cyber Quest while you have fun in the casino. No need to leave Fido at home, either! Coushatta offers dog-friendly rooms and an off-leash dog park too.
Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Worth driving beyond the boats”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The land based casino has so much to offer; Unlike the boats with limited real estate, CFoushata has every table game, Bingo, video poker, slots galore and a large poker room. it is well worth th 30- 45minute drive pass the boats in Lake Charles. The players club is also well worth signing up for. The comps flow freely.

My group only had one beef. Smoking is allowed in the casino and the fumes are unavoidable. The Hotel, casino staff and for the most part, the locals are very freindly.

Can't say enough about the crawfish, alligator tial and seafood gumbo.. I recomend Gumbeaux's Sports Bar located inside the casino.....Good Stuff.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank MustExplore

Austin, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“BEST CASINO IN AREA”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Slots are looser here, but can get very tight, way to much smoke, filitration system not good, always have a good time though.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank BEACHTRAVELER648
Mill Creek, Washington
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“All the tables were full...”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

And not many tables were open. There were more people who wanted to play table games than were tables open. We circled by the tables numerous times to attempt to play but all the tables they had open were full. There were at least 20 tables with no dealers that were not open or available. I could understand if we were there at 4 am but it was 9-11 pm.

We appreciate the fact that they have a nonsmoking area of the casino and that there are drink stations around.

This casino needs to work on the promtness of its waitstaff. After being at a black jack table for about 20 minutes we asked a pit boss if we could get a waitress (if he could call someone on the walkie talkie). He then told us that it usually takes the waitstaff that amount of time to get back around to everyone. Sounds to us like a great way to stiff customers out of complementary drinks as a thank you for playing at their casino. The pit boss was rude.

The service seems to be going down in this establishment. Vegas is looking pretty good.

(This casino got a rating of Very Good because it is the best casino (nicest) in the area)

Angleton, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not anytime soon”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Casino was OK. It's one thing to change machines but when don't change any of the restaurants then it's a problem. Horrible experience with them..

Houston, Texas
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 210 helpful votes
“The comps are history and so am I”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

This used to be my number one casino choice in the lake Charles area, even with the farther drive it was well worth it due to the way they treated their customers with their generous comps policy. I realize that the economic downturn has hurt the gaming industry but they have now cut out what made driving the extra 40 miles worth it for me so I can't see myself returning until they loosen things up again.

I dabble in craps and play the slots occationaly but stick to poker for the most part and It wasn't so very long ago that I would get a free trip to the buffet line comp for as little as 6 hrs play, but this last visit after playing non stop from 3 pm to Midnight they completely stiffed me and were rude about it in the process. After 9 solid hrs at the poker table I cashed in and inquired at the poker room desk about any comps I had earned, The manager ran my players card, gave me an eye roll and and a sarcastic chuckle, then handed me back my card, and said "thanks for playing" When I asked when their comp policy changed he snapped that those days were long gone.

Well Coushatta, all I have to say is that if those days are long gone then so are the days of my self and my bank roll driving an extra 40 miles to visit your casino now that you offer absolutly nothing that I cannot get in Lake Charles.... Customer service keeps folks coming back Einstine ~ Thanks for the memories...

6 Thank outlaw1865