“Fantastic Food”

Fausto's Family Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Kinder
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

The fried chicken and rice dressing was outstanding. The wait staff are friendly. The only reason I did not give it a 5 was the awkward set up at the register. You have to turn around with your back to the register and then have to step side to side to try to read menu. The menu is spread out across the wall. It gets congested because it's a little narrow hallway where you are ordering and you have to place order and pay before you set down.

Otherwise great food but glad we didn't catch a busy hour or it would have been frustrating due to the awkward lay out.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Burgers are good but nothing special..
Friy serving was way too small and greasy for the price.
Seafood platers were good but overpirced for the servings.
May been a bad night to go there. Oh Well l!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Being from Minnesota we really didn't know what to expect from "Cajun Food". I'll tell you we had two nice surprises for Lunch. My wife had fried chicken and I ordered the small Crawfish dinner with coleslaw, baked potato and pistolet bun/role also wanted to try the Cajun rice. We ordered at the window, but our "server" was Nicole. What a nice ambassador for the Kinder area. She struck up a nice conversation with us recognizing that we were not 'locals'. Explained the Cajun items we order and answered our questions regarding the local "Boudin" sausage. The food was on spot the crawfish and chicken with just the right amount of crunch. Coleslaw was very well done after the last few failures on the slaw that we ordered. The baked potato was a meal by itself and I noticed that they offer more elaborate potatoes as entree/meal items. The all around standout was the Cajun rice! I'm guessing that this is what is often called "dirty rice" down South. It's great to stop for a local lunch while on the road and have it hit the spot. We'll have to return for more Cajun Rice and maybe try some alligator. Thanks to Nicole for stepping out of the box as a server and don't forget to plan a visit to her Grandparents in the Florida Keys. You won't regret it!!

1  Thank Great_Dane23
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This place was good/decent, the atmosphere, the food and the staff are all nice. The food is yummy and they give you a nice portion. I am from Texas and like me some cajun food. It is always nice to try out food in another state other than your own. I had a PO boy and it was good, could have used more sauce on it but thats all. The red beans and rice were different from the way we make them but i enjoyed them non the less. My wife and the other couple with us both said they liked the place but the food had subtle things they would change. If you like cajun food then I would recommend this place to anyone to try at least once. All places have different takes on their food and this might suit you. I found it average with a chance at being very good with some tweaks. With that said I would absolutely try this place again.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Had the large fried shrimp dinner.Very good.Could improve on the tarter sauce.Heard the fried chicken is very good to.

Been to Fausto's Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!