“Roaches, No Refund”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Kinder
Texas
“Roaches, No Refund”
Reviewed May 21, 2009

Just want let everyone know this hotel is full of Louisiana Cock Roaches, I checked in this hotel only to realize it was full of roaches. I reported to the front desk right away. I was asked to check out and didn't receive all of my money. I wasn't there but a few minutes and was refund my room rate except for 20 %. I guess 20% paid for the roach spray.

Bad Customer Service, Nasty isn't the word...

• Stayed May 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
jackson, tn
Reviewed May 14, 2009

These are the only two words to describe this hotel. Great location, if you don't mind the rude and childish customer service.

The hotel is filty, nasty. Don't be sucked in by the looks of the lobby, the rooms are nasty and smells the mold, some what bad.

Voted 1 in Bad Customer Service!!! Save your money or drive home!!!

Crystal and Patty just wanted to say thanks for ruining our vacation with your attitude, no worries we will never be back there.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank cookie062

Travelers are raving about these Kinder hotels

Texas
Reviewed February 16, 2009

We stayed at the Extended Stay on 2/14/2009. This was formerly the Krystal Inn but the new owners said they purchased the property in December of 2008. The marquee outside said "new management".

We were there overnight on a trip to the Coushatta casino. The hotel has been undergoing renovation and it appears about complete. The property is very clean and you can tell the new owners take pride in it. I was impressed that the swimming pool was spotless even in the dead of winter. Again, pride in ownership and it shows.

The room featured two queens and everything was clean and working. There is a tv of course, phone, coffee maker with coffee, and plenty of towels. Soap, shampoo, lotion was there too. I didn't bring my laptop so I can't comment on the internet service in the room.

The complimentary breakfast had an assortment of foods including eggs & sausage, breakfast tacos, Danish/pastries, cereals, juices, and a microwave to nuke any of it just the way you like it. The staff was scurrying about the dining area insuring the food offerings were always replenished and the area clean and tidy. When I complimented one of the workers she informed me she was one of the new owners, Andree, and introduced me to her husband (Vic?). Nice folks, and they bend over backwards for their guests. There was wireless internet in the lobby/dining area and Andree showed me how they were running extra lines around the hotel to insure upgraded internet service throughout.

I'm guessing the hotel is about 3/4 or 1 mile from the casino. You could hike it in decent weather ok, but there is a shuttle service also. We just drove back and forth to the casino as there was no issue with parking at the hotel....plenty of spaces close to our room.

I can't speak for the billing issues others have mentioned. We checked out at 9:45am at the desk and had no issues whatsoever. I would venture a guess that the vast majority of Kinder hotel clientèle are gamblers visiting the casino. I would also venture that these hotels have heard every hard luck story imaginable and I don't see how they could have anything but a zero tolerance policy when it comes to people not checking out on time. The casino's can give away freebies, the hotels can't!

We paid a little less than 100 for our room, with taxes it was over 100. I doubt this is the cheapest place in Kinder, and I know it's not the most expensive. I think it's a fair price for what you receive and I would definitely stay there again. No brainer.

• Liked — Nno unpleasant surprises.
  • Disliked — I like my eggs over easy.
  • Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nebulous1
Louisiana
Reviewed January 17, 2009

We stayed at the Krystal Inn for a trip to the casino. There are alot of hotels in the area but we are glad we chose this one! Prices are reasonable, staff was very curtious and very friendly. They really made us feel at home away from home. The lobby is absolutely gorgeous! The breakfast was wonderful, loved the waffles. The rooms were very clean, beds comfortable, we slept wonderfully! We definately will return every time we are in the area!

• Liked — Hotel staff and rooms were excellent
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
texas
Reviewed January 14, 2009

Long story short...... charged two nights to my friends credit when we we only stayed one night. Refused to credit us back because according to the maid's paperwork we didn't check out until after checkout time. We have proof that we were at the casino by 11:00am, but still would not credit us.

Never stay again. Customer service is horrible.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank traveladdictfromtx
brownie775
Reviewed January 13, 2009

I am writing this review with the purpose of saving some other poor soul the same trouble that I went through with the management staff at the Krstyl Inn, namely Crystal Corvil (hotel manager) and Andrea Guillory (hotel owner). I made a reservation at this hotel on New Years Eve '08 and agreed to pay the price gouging rate (double room rate) that they offered to me because I needed a place to sleep that night. My problems began when I received my credit card statement and after review I noticed that they charged me $100 more than what I approved be drafted from my credit card. I immediately called the hotel and voiced my concern of this overcharge. Management at the hotel proceeded to tell me that the charge was correct because I had not checked out of the hotel room by 12:27pm on the next day according to hotel Housekeeping records.

Check out is at 11am and I was very aware of that as it stated that on my receipt slip and I had also called the front desk to verify before I went to sleep that night. I, as a guest at this hotel abided by their check out time and made sure that I was out of my room by 10:30am that morning so that I wouldn't be rushing around at 11am to make it out. I then left the property of the hotel and proceeded on with my day and then ventured home to Houston. I offered to provide proof that I was not in my room because I could and it still didn't seem to matter. After many phone calls and heated discussions with management they were unwilling to refund me my money because all records on their end indicated that I was still in the room at 12:57 when housekeeping "APPARENTLY" came to the room. THIS IS TOTALLY FALSE AND HOUSEKEEPING NEEDS TO BE MORE THOROUGH AND NOT FILL OUT FALSE DOCUMENTATION!!!!

I am not writing the review to deminish the quality of the hotel but the lack of concern and customer service of the employees that work here. Obviously the housekeeping staff is unaware of how to tell time or may even possibly have some sort of vison problem, because NOBODY was in the room when it was supposedly checked or possibly NOT EVEN CHECKED, which is what conclusion I have come too.

I would like to make a couple of suggestions to future vistors if you choose to stay at this establishment:

1. Stay somewhere else if possible, The Blackjack Inn or America's Best Value Inn are just as nice and provide the same accomodations.

2. Don't stay here...

3. Don't stay here.....

4. Even though the hotel offers Express Checkout, take your room key back to the front desk and have them print out a checkout receipt to have for your records, because housekeeping at this facility are not capable of keeping accurate records.

5. Don't stay here....

and finally the most important

Check your credit card statement to make sure you get charged correctly. Thanks for taking the time to read my complaint. I know it was long but I am very disgruntled about this situation.

• Liked — the fact they had a room available at such late notice
  • Disliked — the service provided by management and owner
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank brownie775
nashville, tennessee
Reviewed January 3, 2009

A female senior citizen traveling alone can be a prohblem,, but not here. It was clean, staff was friendly and helpful, just a good place to stay. I especially liked the young lady at the front desk, she was friendly, knowledgeable, and just cute!! And the continental breakfast is a great start to the morning, especially when you're trying to watch your pennies. I'll go back when I'm traveling in that direction, I liked it.

• Liked — cleanliness and freshness and the well-trained and friendly staff
  • Disliked — No least liked - I thought it was very well done
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinder
Best Western Inn At Coushatta
#1 of 1 in Kinder
Red Shoes RV Resort
Red Shoes RV Resort
#1 of 2 in Kinder

Been to Americas Best Value Inn- Kinder? Share your experiences!