“Not So Happy New Year!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Kinder
brownie775
“Not So Happy New Year!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2009

I am writing this review with the purpose of saving some other poor soul the same trouble that I went through with the management staff at the Krstyl Inn, namely Crystal Corvil (hotel manager) and Andrea Guillory (hotel owner). I made a reservation at this hotel on New Years Eve '08 and agreed to pay the price gouging rate (double room rate) that they offered to me because I needed a place to sleep that night. My problems began when I received my credit card statement and after review I noticed that they charged me $100 more than what I approved be drafted from my credit card. I immediately called the hotel and voiced my concern of this overcharge. Management at the hotel proceeded to tell me that the charge was correct because I had not checked out of the hotel room by 12:27pm on the next day according to hotel Housekeeping records.

Check out is at 11am and I was very aware of that as it stated that on my receipt slip and I had also called the front desk to verify before I went to sleep that night. I, as a guest at this hotel abided by their check out time and made sure that I was out of my room by 10:30am that morning so that I wouldn't be rushing around at 11am to make it out. I then left the property of the hotel and proceeded on with my day and then ventured home to Houston. I offered to provide proof that I was not in my room because I could and it still didn't seem to matter. After many phone calls and heated discussions with management they were unwilling to refund me my money because all records on their end indicated that I was still in the room at 12:57 when housekeeping "APPARENTLY" came to the room. THIS IS TOTALLY FALSE AND HOUSEKEEPING NEEDS TO BE MORE THOROUGH AND NOT FILL OUT FALSE DOCUMENTATION!!!!

I am not writing the review to deminish the quality of the hotel but the lack of concern and customer service of the employees that work here. Obviously the housekeeping staff is unaware of how to tell time or may even possibly have some sort of vison problem, because NOBODY was in the room when it was supposedly checked or possibly NOT EVEN CHECKED, which is what conclusion I have come too.

I would like to make a couple of suggestions to future vistors if you choose to stay at this establishment:

1. Stay somewhere else if possible, The Blackjack Inn or America's Best Value Inn are just as nice and provide the same accomodations.

2. Don't stay here...

3. Don't stay here.....

4. Even though the hotel offers Express Checkout, take your room key back to the front desk and have them print out a checkout receipt to have for your records, because housekeeping at this facility are not capable of keeping accurate records.

5. Don't stay here....

and finally the most important

Check your credit card statement to make sure you get charged correctly. Thanks for taking the time to read my complaint. I know it was long but I am very disgruntled about this situation.

• Liked — the fact they had a room available at such late notice
  • Disliked — the service provided by management and owner
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank brownie775

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
nashville, tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2009

A female senior citizen traveling alone can be a prohblem,, but not here. It was clean, staff was friendly and helpful, just a good place to stay. I especially liked the young lady at the front desk, she was friendly, knowledgeable, and just cute!! And the continental breakfast is a great start to the morning, especially when you're trying to watch your pennies. I'll go back when I'm traveling in that direction, I liked it.

• Liked — cleanliness and freshness and the well-trained and friendly staff
  • Disliked — No least liked - I thought it was very well done
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
beaumont, texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2008

We never actually stayed at this hotel, but I felt it was worthy of a review because they left us with no place to evacuate the path of Hurricane Ike. We had called Kristal Inn well in advance of a mandatory evacation being called for our area/county and made reservations for 3 rooms. The day before we were to evacuate, someone from Kristal Inn called and said that our rooms were being given to people who work for the local power plant and that their was nothing we could do about it. We had to scramble to find new rooms to book. We ended up being forced to book rooms all the way in New Orleans whcih made the trip much furthur than we had anticipated (by about 250 miles). We were lucky to find any rooms at all that close to the landfall of a major Hurricane. This is because many people where we live on the Texas Gulf Coast, book rooms as soon as a Hurricane enters the Gulf of Mexico. Kristal Inn in Kinder, LA, left us wth almost no time to find a room. I guess they only care about making money and to heck with the "normal" paying customer. By the way, I have been to Kinder before the evacuation, and the Kristal Inn is a dump from the outside ( I just haven't stayed in a room before). The only reason we booked their to begin with was the location (not too far from home).
Aliciarr28

• Liked — Didn't actually stay there
  • Disliked — The cancelling of our reservations
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Aliciarr28

Travelers are raving about these Kinder hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinder
BEST WESTERN Inn at Coushatta
#3 of 4 in Jennings
Red Shoes RV Resort
Red Shoes RV Resort
#1 of 2 in Kinder

Been to Americas Best Value Inn- Kinder? Share your experiences!