I am writing this review with the purpose of saving some other poor soul the same trouble that I went through with the management staff at the Krstyl Inn, namely Crystal Corvil (hotel manager) and Andrea Guillory (hotel owner). I made a reservation at this hotel on New Years Eve '08 and agreed to pay the price gouging rate (double room rate) that they offered to me because I needed a place to sleep that night. My problems began when I received my credit card statement and after review I noticed that they charged me $100 more than what I approved be drafted from my credit card. I immediately called the hotel and voiced my concern of this overcharge. Management at the hotel proceeded to tell me that the charge was correct because I had not checked out of the hotel room by 12:27pm on the next day according to hotel Housekeeping records.
Check out is at 11am and I was very aware of that as it stated that on my receipt slip and I had also called the front desk to verify before I went to sleep that night. I, as a guest at this hotel abided by their check out time and made sure that I was out of my room by 10:30am that morning so that I wouldn't be rushing around at 11am to make it out. I then left the property of the hotel and proceeded on with my day and then ventured home to Houston. I offered to provide proof that I was not in my room because I could and it still didn't seem to matter. After many phone calls and heated discussions with management they were unwilling to refund me my money because all records on their end indicated that I was still in the room at 12:57 when housekeeping "APPARENTLY" came to the room. THIS IS TOTALLY FALSE AND HOUSEKEEPING NEEDS TO BE MORE THOROUGH AND NOT FILL OUT FALSE DOCUMENTATION!!!!
I am not writing the review to deminish the quality of the hotel but the lack of concern and customer service of the employees that work here. Obviously the housekeeping staff is unaware of how to tell time or may even possibly have some sort of vison problem, because NOBODY was in the room when it was supposedly checked or possibly NOT EVEN CHECKED, which is what conclusion I have come too.
I would like to make a couple of suggestions to future vistors if you choose to stay at this establishment:
1. Stay somewhere else if possible, The Blackjack Inn or America's Best Value Inn are just as nice and provide the same accomodations.
2. Don't stay here...
3. Don't stay here.....
4. Even though the hotel offers Express Checkout, take your room key back to the front desk and have them print out a checkout receipt to have for your records, because housekeeping at this facility are not capable of keeping accurate records.
5. Don't stay here....
and finally the most important
Check your credit card statement to make sure you get charged correctly. Thanks for taking the time to read my complaint. I know it was long but I am very disgruntled about this situation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Americas Best Value Inn Kinder/North offers the most value for your money when staying for business, pleasure, or just passing through. We offer clean spacious rooms, a 24-hour front desk, free deluxe continental breakfast, and free Wi-Fi. We offer free shuttle service to Coushatta Casino 24 hours a day. All guest rooms include coffeemaker, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, cable TV, HBO, ESPN and alarm clock radio. Take advantage of our extremely comfortable beds and relax while saving money year-round with our Kids Stay Free Policy (11 and under in parent's room). For those guests that are in town on longer term corporate assignments or business trips we also offer special weekly and monthly rates, as well as direct billing options. For your convenience our hotel offers both smoking and non-smoking rooms. Pets are welcome, restrictions and charges apply. We are located off Highway 165, and are near to local attractions such as Louisiana Technical College, Bengal Stadium, and Zigler Museum. Americas Best Value Inn Kinder/North is your best choice within the southwest region of Louisiana. We offer ideal accommodations and location whether you are in town for entertainment, sightseeing, or simply passing through on your way to Baton Rouge. At Americas Best Value Inn Kinder/North our goal is to provide our guests a great experience, not just a place to stay. At Americas Best Value Inn Kinder/North, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions and Orbitz so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn- Kinder reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay Inn And Suites
- Extended Stay Kinder