“Near the Airport but only average”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kenner New Orleans Airport
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Near the Airport but only average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

This Fairfield seems to be tucked in off the beaten track and only so-so. The maintenance in the room was fair, with the shower rod drooping and the general condition needing some updating. Staff was nice, although not overly spirited. If you take there shuttle, there is little very close to walk to for dining or refreshments. The bed was a foam mattress that was very soft.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Richard W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kenner New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
On behalf of my staff I would personally like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I would like to speak to you about this futher if possible. Whenever you are free please feel free to message me and we can speak more about the issues you had.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed at Fairfield before a cruise. First, I called from the airport and asked about the van. The young man took my name and phone number and said he would call me right back, I'm still waiting for the call. I finally called again, he said he was so busy and hadn't gotten around to it. The van came shortly. When we arrived at the motel, rooms were not ready at 2:30 in the afternoon. I think about 3-4 families, and maybe more waited for approximately another 30 min for a room. For the record the young man who told me he would call me back, was telling everyone that who from the airport and when they called back he told them that he was soooooooooooooo busy...not true. My opinion he needs to be trained much better about follow through. I will say the room was clean, however the bed was, by far the most uncomfortable bed that we had ever slept in. The tub is dangerous to step into to take a shower. It was very slick. We wanted to take a tour, and they recommended a particular cab company, our experience was he was rude. In the motel he was happy and friendly and that all changed when he closed the door to the car. Get your own city cab, would be our suggestion. The breakfast was your usual breakfast, and I would say clean.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrew W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kenner New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
I do apologize for your experience with us. I would love to speak to you about this further. Again, I do apologize, and I look forward to speaking to you more about this.

Richard White
504-443-9800
Norman, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Standard Fairfield, good staff for breakfast, hotel is on the north side of the flight pattern, it's not their fault the airport noise is loud. For other travelers if that is an issue, go elsewhere. Improved communication is required by front desk staff - I'm platinum for life and was surprized when I entered my room it was an ADA room. I perfer the front desk staff inform me of this during check in, especially since I paid rack rate.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Richard W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kenner New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
On behalf of my staff and my agents working that night I would like to apologize. Depending on when you had arrived it may have been our last room available which is no excuse because, as a platinum we should have blocked you for a room without ADA necessities. If you would like to reach out to me I'd be more than happy to review your reservation whenever you are free.
Frankfort, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed here after flying in to catch a cruise ship the next day. This was very near to the airport and to many restaurants.

The staff members were very helpful and allowed our group to spend time in the lobby/breakfast area until late in the evening. They also set up a shuttle service for us to get to the cruise ship on time. Everything went smoothly.

There is nothing special about the building itself. It is your basic hotel with average sized rooms that are clean. The breakfast area is nice and the food is good. Basically, this is a great place for convenience and not many frills. I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your compliments about our staff! We hope to see you again should you choose to visit the area! If you have any other comments please feel free to reach out to me and again thank you for choosing us at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Kenner!
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

A disappointing overnight stay while in the area. Walked into the first room I was given to the sound of a running toilet and a dead cock roach in the corner of the bathroom. I was given another room, but from that point I did not have a good feeling about anything being clean. The facility is old, but has received a cosmetic makeover at some point. Decorating was tasteful, but little things like the rocking toilet (second room) and the chipped/rusted enamel of the tub at the drain remind you of the age of the place. I did appreciate the fact that the HVAC fan would stay on constantly. Breakfast was the typical Fairfield Inn fair of scrambled eggs and assorted toast/muffins.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank DSGAtlanta_GA
Richard W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kenner New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
On behalf of myself, and our staff, I would like to apologize for your experience here at our hotel.
I would like to speak to you further about this if possible. Again, I do apologize, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Though I've honestly never been a big fan of Fairfield Inns due to the rather economy amenities, my wife and I had a great experience at the Kenner location as a quick overnight stay prior to an early morning flight. The hotel is very conveniently located to the New Orleans airport, and we were able to utilize the hotel's $40 flat rate parking option (good for up to a week) and free airport shuttle to save a few dollars on airport parking. Alex (spelling? female desk agent) was quite friendly and quick to assist us with any questions that we had upon check in and regarding parking. The rooms are basic Fairfield Inn rooms, but the continental breakfast was certainly an improvement over most Fairfields, Hamptons, etc. The little things truly do make a difference, such as chopped walnuts and strawberries for the waffles.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jb_advisor
Thank you so much for your kind words. Hopefully we can welcome you back in the near future!
Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Indianapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I spent one quick night at the MSY Fairfield Inn before my early AM flight. The hotel was easy to find and parking was no problem. Also, access to the airport and local restaurants was convenient. Breakfast was adequate and Wi-Fi was fast. I would definitely stay here again.

Something to keep in mind…..I am Platinum. When I arrived, I asked if any upgrades were available. The girl said that the hotel was “completely sold out.” I didn’t say anything but noted that the parking lot was pretty much empty. The next day, breakfast was empty. I asked the server and he said the hotel was not even close to full.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank jknight910
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. I would also like to apologize for the miscommunication from our staff. I don't think it was a matter of being "sold out" as much as us not having a room to upgrade you to. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back soon, and hopefully we exceed all expectations.