“Disappointed!!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Airport
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I was very disappointed in this LaQuinta Inns & Suites because of the room given to me and not informing me beforehand what I needed to do. I made this reservation through the 800 number and I told the agent I wanted a non-smoking room but when I arrived, the hotel told me all they had was smoking rooms. I was told that it was first come, first serve and that I had to specify a non-smoking room for Special Requests which is absurd because usually Special Requests are like extra bed, a room by the pool, etc. I was also told that I needed to call in advance to get a non-smoking room but I wasn't sure that was guaranteed either. Luckily, my family didn't have any health issues being around smoking but I went ahead and got the room plus it was a Saturday night and I'm sure other hotels didn't have any rooms. We only stayed only 1 night and we tolerated it! I've made lots of reservations at hotels and this was the first time I encountered this. I also stayed at 3 other LaQuinta Inns & Suites during my vacation as well and those hotels weren't like this location with the non-smoking room policy. I recommend that changes be made about the reservations at this location about the room assignment & policies! I was disappointed that the staff didn't also try to be more accommodating in my concerns either!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 28, 2014

This hotel is truly a wonderful place to stay if you are traveling with a dog. The exterior is a bit dated and the lobby could use a warmer decor, but the rooms are clean and spacious and the grounds are perfect for walking the dog. The staff was above average for efficiency and friendliness (this is coming from my frequent stays in hotels, as someone that frequents higher-end chains). I will definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Our overnight short stay at this La Quinta facility near the NOLA airport was very pleasant. The young lady helping us in the morning with transportation to downtown was vey knowledgeable and helpful. Breakfast was good and the beds very comfortable. The only thing is that our flight was delayed so we arrived late and the complimentary airport shuttle was not available so we took a taxi for $16.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This isn't an awful hotel, the people at the desk were polite and helpful. I have nothing bad to say about them. Going into the room though I did not feel that it was up to a hotel cleanliness standard. There was hair on the bathroom floor, and I saw a dead bug. I did not report it, and therefore I can't speak to the hotel's desire to handle the issue. That's on me. That being said, I feel like there should be more strict standards of cleanliness to where this does not go unnoticed.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I came here for 3 weeks for a work related class. The staff is super friendly especially Mrs. Rita!! The hotel has a van that they will take you to any destination close to the hotel and pick you back up. The room and bathroom were very clean. The breakfast area was nice and clean and always attended by a girl that was on top of the cleanliness and replenishing food. I will recommend this hotel to anyone that I know traveling the area. It was such a great time & the hospitality made it that much better.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2014

this was a decent stay a4t this hotel the only issue I ran into was the wifi was very slow, besides that it is always a pretty decent hotel and I stay there at least once a month. dsidirjdndjfirfidjdkrifjdjkdfirjkfjfjjdf

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo